X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New W@W "Spoiler" chat area and forum

Folks,

After some discussion with DD, and with an eye to the upcoming release of Wizards at War, we're adding two new features to the discussion forums.

(a) We're implementing a "spoiler-friendly" forum in the "Books" category. In this WAW forum, readers can discuss the new book without bothering to "white out" their comments.

Needless to say, those of you who do not want to have the book "spoiled" for you would be wise to stay out of there. You have been warned.

One note about this new forum: At the moment there's no certain way to keep the membership at large from seeing the names of the message topics. Please be sure to keep your topic names spoiler-free. I am investigating whether it's possible to adjust that one forum so that the topics don't display. If that can't be done, I'll probably have to set up a "power users' group" in which people will need to inform me that they want to post messages in that forum: I'll then "throw the switch" on their Forum membership that allows them to see the topic titles, but no one else.

For the time being, rather than using names or subjects as the thread titles, it might be smarter to call the messages something like "Page 448", "Page 132" or whatever, and then talk about whatever you want to discuss in the message itself. I know this is a little clunky, but bear with it until we can find a better solution.

(b) There is also now a new "spoilers-only" chat area in Chime. If you want to chat with people about details of the book's plot, that's the place to do it. (And believe me, I was up late last night reading the advance copy DD sent me, and there is going to be a LOT to chat about. A whole lot. Whew.)

One important note about this. Right now, the Forum settings are arranged so that the most people we can have in chat at any time is 20. (That's across all the chat rooms, not 20 each.) Please make sure that you are in only one chat room at a time, as if you sign into both places, you may be keeping someone out who wants to get in.

Thanks, everybody. Have fun!
    Lee / Forum Administrator

Oh thanks soooo much!!! That chat and forum area are gonna be GREAT! Yea but thanks for setting that up and ONE MORE MONTH!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    **Neets**
    CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

AWESOME! W00t!

All hail the spoiler chat.

Wonder when people are actually going in, although at this point only Nightvol and DD can go into it without fear. XD

Comment

Me? No Fear! Thats-a right!

Anyway, I'm looking foward to seeing people in the spoilers chat area. C'mon, it's not like the chat room is toxic or anything.

I expect to see you all in there within two weeks. That's a big expectation.
        ---
        How cheerfully we consign ourselves to perdition...

Comment

I tried the spoiler chat today, because there's never anyone in it, and I thought if someone was there, maybe others would come in.

I tried typing in a test line, as I wasn't sure if it had finished opening the chat window. I got a message telling me it had to be moderated, and would appear after that. Should it say that? I can't tell if the line ever appeared. (And no, it didn't ask me to moderate my own line .)
          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Whoops...sorry about that: when I was setting up the chat room, a checkbox got checked that shouldn't have been. It should be all right now. Thanks!
            Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

i was just in, then i got out again, and now i have NOO idea how to get in...help?

Well, this link will take you to the list of two chat rooms. Most people are still using the first, since we rarely have two people who've read WAW wanting to chat - so far. It'll happen soon.
              just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

Working...
              X