Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If The World Is A Stage...Who Plays Kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If The World Is A Stage...Who Plays Kit?

I'm getting serious Kit vibes from this guy. Not sure about his name, to be quite honest, but he's in the new Theif Lord movie (the reason I don't know his name being that I don't know the characters because I haven't read the book...thus, I cannot identify actor with character from a mere trailer...) Anyways. What do you guys think? Am I insane, or is this Kit?

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

You're not insane... he looks loads like Kit!

Someone posted a freewebs site with possible YW actors a while back (the same link that had Lindsay Lohan as Dairine *shudder*), but the Kit on that link was only sort of "yeah, okay, he wouldn't be that bad as Kit," but I can picture whoever this is way more easily. ^^' No, I don't know who he is either...

Oh. And. Theif Lord, huh? Heh, he's perfect for that too, actually.

Comment

Yeah, I know that site--something of a guilty pleasure, something that I can see myself doing sometime And I sort of liked their Kit, but this guy...he just really struck me.

I really, really need to read Theif Lord XD

Comment

Dude! It's Kit! And the Thief Lord! *cracks up* too much sugar for sea again...oh well.

Never seen him before, or heard of him, or anything like that...is he even Spanish or Mexican or whatever Kit is? (Too lazy to look it up and can't remember.) Anyway...wow. Um...he's going to make a great Thief Lord too, I read that book awhile back. You know, I just found out the author of that book is a girl. Who knew? XD

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

he sort of looks like the guy who played klaus in the series of unforunate events movie...

Comment

Well Kit's spanish, or hispanic at least... but I guess there's a Kit vibe there somewhere... Has anyone here read Theif Lord? GOOD BOOK, Cornelia Funke's other books sucked but Theif Lord was good! Excited for the movie bwhahahaha... they're gonna TOTALLY screw it up and I'm gonna come here and rant about it non-stop but I'm gonna see it anyway...
            *Agent~M*
            "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
            "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
            "I could live

Comment

M: Well, yeah...Kit's Spanish all right. But, I mean, this guy's decently dark, and he just grabbed me as having the essence of the character--I mean, consider the movie for A Wrinkle In Time. Going by strict book descriptions of their physical features, the main characters were waaaay off. But the actors all had that thing that made the characters obviously identified as Meg, or Calvin, or Charles Wallace.

By the way, M, are you the kind of person who's always like "Any movie made from a great book must be awful!"? Because that's an awfully close-minded view. Personally, I think that if the spirit of a thing is captured, the little details matter not.

(Sorry if that sounded high-and-mighty, but that's just what I think)

And guys, I just bought The Theif Lord, so I shall be reading it soon and then figuring out this guy's name (and also deciding for myself whether or not the trailer looks like it follows in the spirit of the book).

Comment

"By the way, M, are you the kind of person who's always like "Any movie made from a great book must be awful!"? Because that's an awfully close-minded view. Personally, I think that if the spirit of a thing is captured, the little details matter not." -AlidaART
                Yes. I am. Kinda... Two of my FAVORITE books became movies and both of them totally SUCKED. They would've been good if I hadn't read the book, maybe, but they were the greatests books... Timeline and Sahara. Timeline was worse: They changed the plot. They made female characters male and they made characters do things that they didn't do in the book, big key things like DYING... Yes, they killed off characters that did not die in the book! I was expecting them to cut things out... even characters. I wasn't expecting an entire PLOT change. And in Sahara.... it wasn't as bad, they kept the majority of the plot... but they did it all wrong... and they made something that was pretty small in the book HUGE in the movie and the thing that was huge in the book was tiny in the movie, totally bugged me. That and Sahara was every adventure story all rolled into one which was so incredibly awesome... they totally screwed it up and it BUGGED me... and don't even get me STARTED on Ella Enchanted. Not a great book, but a good book I loved when I was little and they put UNICORNS in it... ARGH... it was supposed to be a kind of dark magical book... not a unicorn, fairy, sop story... *grr*
                *Agent~M*
                "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                "I could live

Comment

Um... does he totally remind me of Kit? No, not at all... I can sorta see your point, but, not really...

M:
                  and don't even get me STARTED on Ella Enchanted. Not a great book, but a good book I loved when I was little and they put UNICORNS in it... ARGH... it was supposed to be a kind of dark magical book... not a unicorn, fairy, sop story... *grr*
                  I loved Ella Enchanted too. That was a awesome book. But the movie was pure...stinky poop.

Comment

Both of you are right--those movies were bad examples (especially Ella Enchanted). But there are good examples too. As I have already cited, A Wrinkle In Time is one of them. Another obvious one is Lord of the Rings. And, controversially, the third Harry Potter movie. All of the above really captured the books in ways that didn't necessarily mean following the exact sequence of events and plot directly from the book, but still got the idea across in a way that worked cinematically. Basically what I'm saying is: I can't stand "book purists". Books and movies are two very different mediums; thus, movie versions of books are ADAPTATIONS. YW, is, of course, a special case in that the author would be the screenwriter and would choose just how to go about that adaptation. I don't know about the Theif Lord. I'm just saying that I wouldn't assume it's going to be bad if you haven't given it a real chance yet (It's not even coming out until next spring! I don't understand how you can already judge it).

Anyways, on a completely unrelated subject, thanks to everyone who has replied so far I love it when my topics flourish.

Comment

THIEF. THIEF THIEF THIEF. I BEFORE E EXCEPT AFTER C WHEN THE SOUND IS E.

*sobs* I'm sorry but y'all only spelt it correctly once in this thread... I know you guys won't mind a little gentle correction..

On the actual topic: this guy does look a lot like the Kit in my head, except.. really, really Caucasian, which is not so cool. :-/ I mean, I agree, the spirit of the thing and so forth, but part of Kit's spirit is that he's, you know, Hispanic. So... *shrug* Mind you, I suppose if the guy who plays Hurley actually is hispanic, what do I know?
                      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Tui--

Uh, yeah, about that... I completely knew that and was just very, very lazy. I apologize many, many times over

Yeah, he is caucasian, and you're right, that's a problem. But it's just that he's the first actor I've every come across that even remotely works for Kit (except for that Sandlot guy that Lauren pointed out in this topic--but he is, of course, too old now). But yeah, I sort of agree with you.

Comment

I am sorry to say this but comparing this guy and the guy in the one topic the one topicI think the guy in that topic is better for Kit this guy really doesn't have the right feel for me...*shrugs* I dunno you all can think that this guy looks better but the other one just gives me better "Kit" vibes... Y'all need to change it to "I need tea".....

Comment

Monkey-- you misinterpret my words: I love the Sandlot guy. He's a near-perfect Kit. This is just another option that sort of hit me in the face with no small measure of force.

(PS. Why blame the coffee icon on us? We have no more control over it than you do...unless you were being Very Silly, of course)

Comment

Originally posted by Agent M:
                              Has anyone here read Theif Lord? GOOD BOOK, Cornelia Funke's other books sucked but Theif Lord was good!
                              I did! I did!! I liked it, but it was a little boring.

*cries* why does no one like Inkheart?!?! Its my fav. series!! AHHH (besides YW, of course.)

He looks pretty good as Kit. AS good as his actual age group, of course.

But I digress. I like that word!!

jk,jk
                              just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

Working...
                              X