No announcement yet.

Fanart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since you mentioned Terragen, I thought I'd say I'm just trying out the Mac version, and it's definitely easy to get something... it'll take some practice to get rolling fields with streams running across, to represent part of my fantasy world. (It gets flooded a lot.)

It makes a change from trying to build a fast food joint in classical Lilene architecture for Rirhath B, anyway, which I spent a few hours doing today. And it still doesn't even have tables or seating racks.
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

hee... I still dun get terragen, tho. Although I've got the free, windows version... XD

...meh, I dun get computer generation graphics XD... tablet and photoshop is as technical as I get... XD...

Comment

But it's pretty. I've been making all these "postcards from an alien world" . Most of it, you just click on the buttons to get all the defaults, and then go "Ooh!" at the picture you get.

Tablet and Photoshop? Tablet and FreeHand's more fun . That's what I used to draw the penguin and the new avatar.

Comment

Freehand? (whoops, nearly put three e's in there...) I dun have that. I dun think I've ever heard of it, either... XD....

Whatis?

(edit): mweeee... d'you think I should put up a DA journal entry to keep track of my YW art? It's starting to get confusing, since all of the links are scattered throughout the site... XD

Comment

Macromedia FreeHand, for both Mac and Windows, is a Postscript drawing program. You can do things like setting the pen-drawing tool to be a calligraphic pen, with its width changing from thick to thin depending on the angle you move the stylus at. Or you can draw lines with varying thickness, according to how hard you press the stylus. You can just about see that in the shirt pocket on my avatar.

Because it's a Postscript program, it doesn't colour pixels the way Photoshop does, it draws lines that you can go back and move. Or you can delete a line that doesn't look right, or change its colour.

Maybe you should wait to see what happens about a Fanart area on this site - it might be easier to use whatever its features are.

Comment

Oh, okay.

...but pse has the varying width option, too, as well as a "history" thingummy which you can use to do that... but pse's is really confusing, and probably more hassle to use XD....

...tha's a good idea ^.^

Comment

Wow, im a little late but, Semira--- whatever (can't speel or pronounce it) those were really good. I wish I had some sort of artistic talent. All I can do that's, I guess, artistic is play the Viola!!
                ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                **Neets**
                CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

(Just call me Semi or sem or s-chan or whatever, I dun mind. Just so long as I can tell you're talking to me. I dun mind... maybe I shouldn't have gotten rid of that part of my siggy...)

Thank you ^.^

...hey, violas are cool. They're like violins, but prettier XD... and no one likes them, for some reason. I think they had a stigma in the baroque era or something like that. But they're still cool XD

Comment

VIOLAS ARE THE COOLEST THINGS!

I should know, I play the viola. and it's not violas there's a stigma against, it's violists- I think it's because violinists and cellists feel threatened by the UTTER SUPERIORITY of violas and so have to resort to cheap viola jokes. But we know we're cooler. *ndos emphatically*
                    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

TUI!!!!!

Yuo play viola?! So do I!!!
                      Ask not for whom the dog barks. It barks for thee.
                      :wigglesmile:
                      And really bad eggs...
                      Go salaí cúnna ifrinn do chuid calóga arbhair.
                      S.P.R.B.I (Semi Puke Related
                      Barf Incident)
                      Weak Sauce!

Comment

ya, my bookstores only have the YW books too...
                        semiramis;your fan art is really good, ecspecially the Lone Power and the Darine one, those were awsome!

Comment

Gack. I'm a little late for this, but violas rock! VIOLIST PRIDE! That's so awesome...

...anybody else get really nasty practice-spots and backaches, though? Viola sure does a number on your body (even mine, which is only a fifteen-inch because I'm too short to play anything else)!

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

*nods violent agreement* My back always hurts like crazy after a concert... you really get pulled forward and you sit funny and AUGH, it's agony. And I get a sore patch where the chinrest goes on my neck sometimes.

Worth it, though. Or I think so.
                            Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Yeah, we call those sore spots "practice spots". I think if they bother you continually you can use a soft cloth over your chinrest-- my friend Adam used to have a huge practice spot, but he did that for a while and it got better. Semi also had a purportedly good cure that I've forgotten...something to do with butter and ice ^_^

I know what you mean about leaning forward during concerts. It's a pain, and it's only really bad for viola, because for some reason it's a lot easier to play violin with perfect posture than viola (I play both). Sucks, but hey-- VIOLA PRIDE!

Hey, speaking of viola pride--I just recently did a concert where I had a bunch of solos! That was really awesome, despite the fact that my entire quintet kept yelling at me to play louder since I'm so used to blending in...I mean, how many viola solos are there in chamber music? Not many ^_^

That piece would be Shumann Klavier Quintet in C minor, Opus...um, 44, I think... It's an incredibly cool, er, funeral march...

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

I looooove them artses! They are just soooo awsome! They look alot like my own art. I guess I'll have to get some posted someday soon...

How did you do those colors?

Comment

Working...
                                X