Fanart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fanart?

Okay. I've done searches on the web, but I've only ever been able to find a bit of text-based wallpaper and that's IT. Well, it was nice wallpaper (unfortunately, I've lost the URLs...), but still. So.... does anyone else do YW fanart? Or know where it can be found?

(Mine are at here (Roshaun desktop bg-thingy), here (Peach and Ronan), and here (cruddy/old/sloppy demi-humorous Dairine thingy), to those who are interested.)

I am Lionfish. HEAR ME ROA-- ....um, bubble. Blub, blub. *sweatdrop*

[This message was edited by semiramis on 04 February 2004 at 17:56.]

Oooooooh those are so good! If you want to find Harry Potter fan art you co to www.mugglenet.com and click on fanart.
    Hey could you draw a Kit and Nita one? How do you draw like that? (I'm talking about anime style.)

I guess since U R a newbie I should welcome you to the group. Welcome semiramis to the group! Some other popular members on this site are AgentM, my fellow Minnesotan (don't call her marniebrown or you'll be in trouble.) Aurora, Firewitch, Luthien Tuviel, db_pr. Of course there are a lot more! I just can't remember everybody's name.
    That's so cool, U R from somewhere warm! The warmest it has been in 2 weeks is 20 degrees. I just came home from shoveling the driveway.

Have an issue get a tissue!!--Steph C.
    Kisses taste like chicken-- Absoulutely Normal Chaos...sharon creech
    Early to bed early to rise, makes a man healthy and wise...but NEVER wealthy.-- my Dads Scottish school teacher
    Don't be a fool. Glasses are cool!!-- I made this one up.
    Love yourself no matter how you look!--Zgirl
    penguins will rule the world.

Comment

*Agent~M*
      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
      "I could live

Comment

Well, yeah, I suppose it is nice living someplace warm. I came from North Carolina originally, so I've seen snow.

But then the >2degree variation in temperature starts to get to you after a while.

And flu season is still late autumn to mid-winter.

I actually think I may know Tui/Birdhead, as a fellow ff.netist. Very nice reviewer ^.^v.

Can I draw Nita/Kit? ...um, I'll get back to you on that one ^.^7. For some reason, I'm not good at drawing main characters.

How do I draw like that? I hide the evidence. You should look at my early practices.

...Or, no, scratch that. You shouldn't. They're horrible. They'll make your eyes bleed if you stare too hard.

(But does anyone else do YW fanart? It's a small fandom, to be sure, but....???)

Comment

I actually think I may know Tui/Birdhead, as a fellow ff.netist. Very nice reviewer ^.^
          Golly, am I? Thanks.

As far as I can tell, NO-ONE does YW fanart. Alida, who's a member here, has one piece up, but apart from that and a background of Waku-Chan's, I've never seen any. Unfortunately. Hey, yours are great- and I LOVE that Dairine!

And welcome aboard. Everyone's friendly, or at least makes an attempt to be- even Aurora, who's our resident assassin, and Dave, who prefers n00bs roasted to whole and hearty. He even ate one once, but she beat him up. But they do make an effort, usually.

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
          --Agent M
          Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
          Still the Typo Queen
          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

semiramis, those pics are awesome! I like to flatter myself that I can draw reasonably well, but I can't draw people at all. I really like the Roshaun desktop and the sketch of Dairine.

Oops, almost forgot. Welcome! I'm Luthien_Tinuviel, LT or Luthien for short. I'm sure you've already found this out by looking around the site, this is an awesome website with awesome people!

Comment

Huh... youses like the Dairine one? Mmm. Odd. I thought it was kinda icky, although I suppose it's still humorous.

*grabs and throttles Birdhead* OTHER FANART??? WHERE???? TELL MEEEEE!!!!

...ahem.

(There's something extremely intimidating about being nearly alone as a fanartist in a fandom, yaknow? I mean, you'd think it be fun 'cuz there'd be little to no competition, but.... I dunno. YW needs more fanart. Yessindeedy. But you'd think a fandom even of this small size would have at least a decent number of fanartists, considering what a large percentage of the net-inclined tend to draw. Odd, huh? I always thought fanart was just as, or even more, accessable as fanfiction, but I suppose that impression may be influenced by the fact that my first fandoms that I ever checked out on the net were almost all anime or manga. Wow, about three fifths of this post is in parentheses...)

Comment

*ducks throttling* Other fanart...uhm... if you go shuffle around in the search category and look for Alida or posts by alida, or possibly AliDaART, then you will, eventually, run across the link. I'm in a bit of a rush so I can't go find it for you, sorry.

As for the other stuff: well, in the very distant (as in, about a year) future, I plan on starting up a sort of YW fan resource which will hopefully have fan fic and art, as well as a bunch of other stuff- possibly a sort of FAQ on YW. Not a FAQ as the Errantry Concordance will be, but more a FAQ as you find on www.wotmania.com, which is basically an anthology of fan thought on various questions and issues in the book, combined with support from the books (ie, quotes), maybe a scanned-in cover gallery (not sure if this violates copyright or not. Thoughts? It's just that I knwo there are lots of different covers). I don't know. The FAQ would probably be a compilation of posts on here, some of DD's blogs, some of the stuff on the LJ group and anything else I can find (anyone know about newsgroups??)... it's quite a sweeping plan that may never see the light of pixels, but who knows. (Speaking of which: anyone got any further ideas??? Or wants to volunteer to write stuff for me?)

Actually, I would like to know what y'all think (ie, does this violate copyright, is this a good or bad idea, would you visit it, etc.) So! *sends out semaphore messages* Tell!
                (Er, also, DD, it would be nice if you could tell me if this would bother you. If it would, I'd leave well enough alone.)

--Agent M
                Still the Typo Queen

Comment

I don't know....here's a fanart site, I don't know if it has YW fanart though.

Early to bed early to rise, makes a man healthy and wise...but NEVER wealthy.-- my Dads Scottish school teacher
                  Love yourself no matter how you look!--ZgirlFanart Site

Comment

WAAAAIII! MORE FANARTSES!!!! </screaming fangirlishness> So that's at here. I couldn't find any at the site Zgirl posted T.T although it may be just because the site's so big...

...so that makes.... about six yw fanarts total on the web T.T *resolves to post some of the random stuffs lying around in sketchbook/hardrive*.

Birdhead: That would be so great. I thinks.... hmmm.... I dunno if posting the covers would be copyright violation or not... a lot of people do that stuff anyway, but it may be OK if you clear it with Diane Duane...

Oh. I've been twiddling for a while with the idea of doing a manga/comic adaption of one of this particular passage in Alone... if both projects are ever actually realized, would you host something like that? I've been trying to come up with something for it for a while now, but I can only think of two options, both of which aren't very practical, because it's annoying that devart doesn't do sequenced submissions, and I don't have a website of my own aside from my cruddy AOL FTP space thingy that's going to be gone in a year anyway, and that was a really long sentence, wasn't it?

Comment

OH! Those are so cute ! Is the peron who drew those on this site? I love the middle one.

Love yourself no matter how you look!--Zgirl

Comment

Yah. Her name's Alida or AlidaArt.

Comment

I have new fanartses up!

They are here (Lone Power) and here (a chimaera) (both of them are as seen in that one scene in AWA, with Darryl and the methane snow).

Comment

Though movies have too many issues to be properly done as of yet, does anyone suppose DD would be agreeable to a graphic novelisation of the YW series? It could be interesting...

Comment

those are cool! I really like the cloak for the LP, though the sword looked so much like Segnbora's one I'm having series clash. I never really visualised the chimaera(e? s?) as more than shapes in the wind, so that works for me...

--Agent M
                              Still the Typo Queen

Comment

Working...
                              X