Did a Song Ever Touch Your Soul?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did a Song Ever Touch Your Soul?

Ok, here's my question: Was tehre ever a song that just touched you so much that you wanted to cry? Or jump for joy or made you feel like you've been such a sinner? I had a song like that: It was a song by RAscall Flatts called I'm Movin' On. For some reason, it made me want to cry, and I came this close.

Another is Foggy Mountain Breakdown by Flatts & Scruggs. It just made me so happy, I could jump. inexplicable feelings. Anyone else share these? OR am I just weird?

Haha, probly the latter, knowing me XD
    just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

That's the beauty in songs, the ability to convey such emotions to the listener.

Avril Lavigne : I'm with you. (I heard it when I was voluntering at the local cat shelter, I connected the song with some of the lonely cats at the shelter looking for a new home. It was hard to listen to it for a few weeks without tearing up)
    -Positronic Cat
    (I have sat between the great lion statues, hoping for a glimpse of the future.)

Comment

Yea..don't worry your not werid! I had one like that..This will sound stupid..but i was reading WAW and i wanted Roshuan and Dairine to be together and I wanted Nita and Kit or Ronan to be together..and that night once i stopped reading i found my CD playa and i listend to "Feel good inc" (by Gorillaz)(sp?) And surprisingly it made me cry..God knows why but it was slow then rap slow then rap and it was just srangE! Don't ask me why i cryed cause im still trying to figure that out...HeHe
      Bye all Im i the chat! (12:05 my time) Hope to see you all --
      ToRi
      Love and be loved

Comment

Most pop songs don't effect (affect?) me much at all, but there are some songs that move me or make me cry every time I hear them. There is a song that I have to skip every time I listen to the cd it's on, for example, or it will make me very sad and I'll be filled with an overwhelming urge to call my mom. There are a couple of others...they're mostly more folk-type songs.

There are a few songs in musicals that can make me cry when I actually see the musical, although not when I'm just listening to the music. "Without You" from RENT, for instance, and "A Little Fall of Rain" in Les Mis.

Blue

Comment

Lately I have just been going through these mood swings where I'll be really happy or mad or sad or...you get the picture. Well A while a go I couldnt listen to the song "Concreate Angel" by Martina McBride with out crying. And for a while after I read AWA I couldnt listen to "Behind Theses Hazel Eyes" by Kelly Clarkson without crying because it reminded me of what Kit must be thinking about the whole Nita/Ronan thing or something, I dont even know. (Im a Nita/Kit shipper if you didnt notice)
          Don't take life so seriously- you wont get out alive anyway.
          I just got lost in thought…it was unfamiliar territory.
          If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?

Comment

I'm a big fan of musicals myself, and a singer, so music has a lot of power in my life.

I'd have to say I'm not a fan of a lot of popular music on the radio...I really hate hard rock and rap is definitely not my thing. And I'm not a huge fan of suggestive or crude lyrics. And I love music that tells stories. So...

Most of my best experiences with music have been with sacred music. There've been times when I really needed a lift and a song was just what I needed. Or something in the music just touched a chord, for reasons I can't always explain. Other songs that have?

"Hold On", "Lily's Eyes", and "How Could I Ever Know" - The Secret Garden
            "Bring Him Home" and "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables" - Les Misèrables
            "Love Changes Everything" and "Anything but Lonely" - Aspects of Love (but I've never seen the show)
            "When I Look at You" - The Scarlet Pimpernel (maybe "I'll Forget You" too)
            "Climb Every Mountain" - The Sound of Music
            "You'll Never Walk Alone" and "If I Loved You" - Carousel
            "Where is Love?" and "As Long as He Needs Me" - Oliver! (very sad, but says so much about the characters)
            "Far from the Home I Love" and "Sunrise, Sunset" - Fiddler on the Roof
            "Close Every Door to Me" - Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
            "The Impossible Dream" - Man of La Mancha
            "The Dance" - Garth Brooks
            "How to Handle a Woman" and "I Loved You Once in Silence" - Camelot
            "Falling in Love with Love" and "Do I Love You Because You're Wonderful?" - Cinderella
            "I Won't Say I'm in Love" - Hercules
            "The Bells of Notre Dame", "God Help the Outcasts", and "Out There" - Hunchback of Notre Dame (bad movie, good music)
            "Forgiveness" and "Sirens" - Jane Eyre
            "Hello, Young Lovers" - The King and I
            "I Still Believe", "Bui Doi", and "Now that I've Seen Her" - Miss Saigon
            "Journey On", "Your Daddy's Son" and "Make Them Hear You" - Ragtime
            "Some Enchanted Evening" - South Pacific
            "Can't Help Lovin' Dat Man" and "Old Man River" - Showboat
            "Only You" - Starlight Express

Anyway, didn't mean to make a comprehensive list, and this still isn't one! There's loads of good music out there.
            I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

Twice I was listening to the radio

And this song starts playing...and i'm thinking this is a nice song then about halfway through
              the song starts to make serious sense to me

song is called "Better Days" by the Googoo dolls

and also this song called Rain by a band called Breaking Benjamin
              ---------------------------------------
              YW Chat room link. http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/ Type in nickname and #youngwizards for channel.
              "in remembrance of Peter Murray,5/16/06,dai stiho

Comment

Just last weekend, I heard the song A Million Ways by Ok Go. I thought, "if there's a god [and he's hot], this is his voice!" :P

Usually lyrics catch me more than the entire song, like in Dark of the Matinee, they say:

I charm you and tell you of the boys I hate
                All the girls I hate, all the words I hate
                The clothes I hate
                How I'll never be anything I hate
                You smile, mention something that you like
                Oh, how you'd have a happy life
                If you did the things you like
                Or in Sad Statue (System of a Down): What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering

Ok Go: Website, Videos, & Music

Feels Good Inc is good.

Youth of the Nation by POD'll make me feel depressed. :/ Sad song.

Flagpole Sitta. If you've heard the song, there's nothing more I need to say.
                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Working...
                X