No announcement yet.

What's your accessory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know that we probably shouldn't double-post, but I wanted to ask this question: what kind of elemental magic would you want to use most with your accessory? I think I would want location spells mixed in with air put on mine. Please answer ASAP
    Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

Do adjunct talents count as accessories? Not that I'd have one.

I'd probably have a laptop manual. Books are romantic, but laptops are so useful! There seem to be ways to in-put and out-put on the book manuals, but with the electronics those methods seem more natural and streamlined. Definitely less noticeable to non-wizards; people mutter at their electronics all the time, or type randomly. Nita also notes that the indexing on the book manuals is rather strange. If the time came for something speedy I needed a manual for, then I'd rather not be turning pages as fast as I could to the correct page, only to be referred to another page. Finally, books are good for mostly information; but electronics might be useful for everyday life as well, such as typing school reports. :-) I'm dying to get a computer of my own anyway.

If I had a symbol, I think it would be one for possibility, rather than probability, or outright change. Just as a reminder.
      Last edited by dorotheia; April 13, 2009, 12:23:25 AM.

Comment

I would definitely mostly use Air magic, since that's my element. Not just the physical element, but all the things asociated with it: travel and freedom, goals and dreams, communication and to some extent language. Speaking of Adjunct talents, that would definitely be my cat. My border collies is great, but it just seems natural for me to work with a cat, since I'm so much like one myself.
        -Dreams are nice, but sometimes you have to live in reality. -Perhaps, but dreams are MY reality.
        -It's only impossibe if you believe it is.
        -Existence is belief. I believe in magic, so it's real to me.

Comment

This wouldn't work well on Earth where wizards are undercover but I would love something like the orb that Roshaun used to view his manual but instead of a little ball of light it would be a ball of speech where I can just stare into it and it will show me what I need to see at that time.

Though the more techy part of me wants a pair of glasses that project the manual onto a lens so I can read it that way.
          My Young Wizard's RP Forum

Comment

accessory

Mine would be a necklace of some sort, I think - something practical in both a 'normal' as well as a 'magic' sense, combined with beauty. Perhaps along these lines:

http://www.spacepen.com/neckchainpensforher.aspx

or

http://www.modcloth.com/store/Womens...Watch+Necklace
            Last edited by SpacePen; November 14, 2011, 05:48:31 AM. Reason: url changed

Comment

My manual would be a book, for sure.... books are old friends.

My accessories: a silver necklace with the symbol for life enclosed in a circle, to represent guarding it, which I could use to store spells or power. Possibly a green elastic hair band I could wear in my hair or on my wrist for the same thing- I'm constantly in possession of green elastic hair bands.

I don't really go in for animal accessories- I like wolves, red tailed hawks, and dolphins, though.
              "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

...and eyes, sweet as honey, soft as moss, that hold in their black vessels the bitterness of old wounds and the tired peace of growing wisdom.

Comment

My manual would probably be a wizpod.

My accessories if any would probably be something along the lines of a shark tooth necklace or something like that since thats all I every wear and even that is rare. Oh wait maybe a watch too.

My cat would be my wizardly pet I have even somewhat trained him to come and to stand on his back legs.
                "These are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others."-Groucho Marx

"What is scientific fact? An oxymoron. Science does not deal in facts. It deals in hypotheses, which are never fully and finally correct."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

wizardly pet

your cat might be a wizard - in which case you'd have a wizard partner, not a wizardly pet...

of course I'm not sure I'd call Ponch a "pet" anymore, either.

Is Spot a "pet"? (a sentient manual?)

I suppose the koi might be considered wizardly "pets".... but Peach?

Comment

I'm not one much for jewelry,as it always gets broken or lost for me. One thing I think would be very useful would be an expansion for my fanny pack. If I could use it in conjunction with the 'bag of holding' and 'index' spells, it would be very handy to be able to reach into it and pull out any of a number of things I might need: a cheese sandwich, a preloaded spell, my cell phone, etc.

If I had to have a wearable accessory (and why, I might ask, would the fanny pack not count?), I suppose I could always use another hair clip. Set, of course, with a meteorite And of course my Manual must be a book. I'm old fashioned like that.
                    "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
                    "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

My Accesory...

If I were to pick an accessory... Well, let's start off with the manual. I'd either have a book or wizpod. Wizpod's pretty awesome, but for my first manual, I'd start out with a book. Book's a girl (specifically DIFFERENT girl, like me) best friend! And I just love my books. Then, I'd probably upgrade later...

As for an accessory... A necklace, specifically my piano necklace. I wear this thing EVERYWHERE! I got it at my first Eastern Regional Performance (Select Chorus of the Eastern Half of CT)!
                      (True,) the white hole said. (my name is Khairelikoblepharehglukumeilichephreidosd'enagooun i--) and at the same time he went flickering through a pattern of colors that was evidently the visual translation."Ky--elik" Nita began. "Fred," Kit said quickly.

Comment

First things first. My manual would be a book. Definitely a book.

As for an accessory for quick access of spells... I'd say a watch. It would probably spend most of it's time looking like Dumbledore's watch (although a wrist watch, not a pocket watch). The spells I would keep on it would be a shield spell, a timer/alarm spell, probably a search spell, and others I can't think of right now. And it would have the magical equivalent of a bluetooth connection with my manual (which is a book, yes, but manuals can do stuff like that) There really are watches with bluetooth connections to provide you with caller id on your watch. So I'd have something like that, only more advanced.

As for adjunct talents... My dog (a chihuahua-terrier mix) is sufficiently weird on his own that I don't know what would happen if he were exposed to magic, but I can't imagine him developing too much magical talent. My brother's hamster, maybe, but I don't interact with it much. There are some wild barn owls in our back yard, I could kind of see them getting some abilities, but I don't know. I like wolves, but I can't see having one as an adjunct talent. It'd eat my dog, among other things...
                        "Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise." - The Duchess, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

My accessory would be a Wizpod 'cause I love music and wizardry combined. I think it's a lovely mix.
                          Like Darryll said in Wizards at War, the 8th book, I can crank some tunes when I have free time. And since if you are a wizard you would usually have your manual or Wizpod or accessory handy.
                          A spell always works. -So You Want To Be A Wizard I wonder would it work on my sisters... hmm...

Comment

Manual, Accessory, so on and so forth...

I think that my manual would manifest as a book.
                            (Sidenote: I have ADD, and the doctor who tested me/ diagnosed me was checking for everything, including "hearing voices". I misunderstood the question and checked "a little bit" because I sometimes talk to myself in my head, and I thought... never mind. My point is, something like the Knowledge or Telling would probably get me labeled crazy for my whole life.
                            My accessory... well, I have this ring from Hawaii that I never take off. Literally never. And I thought I could sort of store the power in the ring (maybe add a symbol, like Life, or Entropy with a cross thru it) and be able to call up a sort of 3-D display. It would have color-coded orbs as spells, and I could pluck one out of the matrix and use it... that'd be awesome!
                            And I'm pretty sure my cat is a wizard... I've tried saying "Dai Stiho" to him, but he didn't respond.

Sorry for the long post, but it's such an interesting question... Dai!
                            "People always learning, all through their life. Look at Mama Bird! She push baby bird out of nest, and that's it. If baby bird fly, good for baby! If baby bird fall, and crack head on ground, and get eaten by cat, it need to do better next time."
                            Slan go foihll! Dai, cousins!

Comment

I thought this would have to be an easy thing to answer, but I guess me starring at the computer for a good 10 mins. said otherwise.... Because I thought at first that it would be in a book! I love books and I always seem to have my nose buried in one. But then I decided that, even though you can't lose it, it would not be sufficient to express my magic and spell retrieving. Then I thought maybe something like Roshaun or Sker'ret's version -where I could manipulate it in midair- would be more like it. But then that would be too confined. That was also my problem with a laptop or WizPod. Then I decided that it would come like the Celtic people of the knowledge. Maybe even like how Nita starts to hear magic as a person. Maybe something like a projection in my head that I could manipulate and interact with... LIKE JARVIS!

But I would have to say it would be tattoos! I only have the one on my back so I couldn't implement it right now.... BUT! I would kind of have spells tattoo in like an invisible ink and when I would activate the spell the tattoos would come to life! And of course I could change the tattoos as I saw fit (it wouldn't be magic if I couldn't...). Like if I needed a water spell, I could have a wave tattooed on my shoulder and it would just come to life!
                              Give a man a fish, and he'll stink up the entire village. Give him a fishing pole, and he'll poke your eye out.... See where I'm going?

Comment

Working...
                              X