What's your accessory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your accessory?

Nita has a charm bracelet, Roshaun has a sunstone, and Dairine has Spot as well as a whole world of mobiles behind her. My question to you is what would you use as an accessory for your spells? What spells would you put on it? Would you have a bracelet, a necklace, a chain, an MP3, a Laptop, a Wizpod, a pendent? What would you use?

I would prefer a pendent or a necklace to use, and the spells I would use would be a personal field bubble, a shield, a laser, a particle degenerator, a version of Mason's Word, and definitely a Memory Retrieval Wizardry, and maybe a few spells of my own.
    Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

I think for an accessory, I would have a laptop computer... I just love the idea of having my computer be my manual... it would be an amazing experience. I am an extreme geek, and I always have my PC with my anyways...

Second choice would be the WizPod. It's just too awesome... Haha...

But generally, if I were to have a manual, I would want it in book form. Because books are just... better...
    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Originally posted by kk View Post
      I think for an accessory, I would have a laptop computer... I just love the idea of having my computer be my manual... it would be an amazing experience. I am an extreme geek, and I always have my PC with my anyways...

Second choice would be the WizPod. It's just too awesome... Haha...

But generally, if I were to have a manual, I would want it in book form. Because books are just... better...
      Each of them would be equally useful, you're DEF right about that, but you're also right about books just being Better. Nothing will ever replace a great book.
      Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

Hi! I have to agree with books just being better. I would always choose a book for my manual.

But as for an accessory, I think I would have a really cool necklace. I'm not one for wearing jewelry, so it would have to be a nice one... Maybe it would have a whale on it?

I don't know what I would put on it though...
        "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

Oh! Why would it have a whale on it, that sounds cool to me? New question, what animal would you put on it?! You inspired that one Smile And thanks for answering you two!

Comment

I wold chose a neclace a pritty one maby a goald celtic not , or a wolf pendant.
            My manual wold probaly be a book sence I'm so booky it wold look more naturil
            and my friends wold'nt think as mutch about it as they wold if it was a laptop.
            Life is short, eat dessert first!

Comment

I think I would put a whale on it because... well first, I like whales. But they also seem so serene and so wise sometimes too.
              I honestly think that if you kept asking me what animal I would put on it, it would change from time to time. I love a lot of animals, and in different moods I think about different animals.
              A necklace that changes the animal that is on it from time to time, to reflect what you are feeling... that could have potential (it could be tacky, but it is wizardry, so it would be done in a good way...)

Daine23 - a wolf pendent, I like that.

About the laptop - that is a good point. I wonder if Dairine is known as a computer person, so it isn't noticed too much, or if Spot is discreet. I still choose books, but Spot is pretty cool, especially with the way he manages to have personality.
              "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

My manual would definitely be a book. Otherwise it would, in agreement, be way to obvious.

Hm. I don't know about my accessory. Probably a silver necklace of some kind... That or a pair of earrings that have a symbol in the speech in them.
                "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

Zirsta - Do you know what your symbol would mean?

And Wiccangixie, what would your symbol and animal be?

I don't think that I could ever decide what my symbol would mean... Life, or Hope, or Joy, or Love, or any number of things...

Comment

The symbol of the Speech thing, reminds me of runes... For a while, I studied Norse runes; my uncle even gave me a rune set, and a book on them... I was always reminded of that part of SYWTBAW that said when Nita wrote a symbol of the Speech... It said she wrote what looked like an up-pointing arrow after the Lone Power's name, symbolizing that he could change, if he wanted to. Well, there's a rune that looks like that up-pointing arrow, and one of its many meanings, is just that...

So, when I think symbols of the Speech, I think about runes. There are so many to choose from... I don't know what my symbol would be, if I chose from a rune. Maybe "Gebo," the rune of friendship and partnership. That one seems to remind me of Nita and Kit a lot... Haha... But there are so many others! I can easily see how a wizard, if using those runes as the Speech, could describe their name and personality.
                    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

The symbol I would use would most likely be Bravery or Love. Love is one of the main emotions that I'm tied to; in fact, its the one emotion that I can be certain about when I'm giving advice on the subject, but it wouldn't be represented by a heart. My official symbol would have to be a wolf, because a female stands alone sometimes, and she provides protection to those important to her. Wolves also stay within dens, and when they're alone, it stands for a secret being guarded. I love wolves

Comment

I think that my acessory would probably be a notebook and pencil or pen. People would not be surprised at all to see me with them, because I love to write. The spells would be recorded in the notebook, and I could use the pen to activate them or record new spells. The animal (possibley as a design on the cover,) would be a silver cat sitting with it's tail curled around it's paws, looking up at a starry night sky. My manual would be a book, because books are just awesome and I really don't like technology that much.
                        -Dreams are nice, but sometimes you have to live in reality. -Perhaps, but dreams are MY reality.
                        -It's only impossibe if you believe it is.
                        -Existence is belief. I believe in magic, so it's real to me.

Comment

This is a great topic.
                          I don't know if my manual would be in book or computer form. If it were in book form, I would probably keep it in that dimensional pocket that Nita uses.
                          (Actually, I'm so spinny it would probably be best if I just had the Whisperer / Heart of the Sea. Haha.)

My accessory would probably be my glasses. Yeah, it sounds lame, but it's the only thing I'd be sure not to lose. Also, you could built some pretty awesome spells into a pair of glasses. Night-vision stuff, zoom-features, instant polarization if an evil wizard tries to get you... And it would be nice to never have to update the prescription.

As for symbol, definitely power:

I have a tattoo of this symbol and I know it's utterly dorky but I find it incredibly poignant in a weird way. I also love the Ouroboros, but it has a lot of other connotations and I'm not sure I'd like being associated with eternity to the Powers that Be

Animal.... Cat, 'natch.
                          (I loves kitties <3 - and an icon of felinity could easily be incorporated into a power symbol.)

edit: I wonder if you could have a glasses-based Manual like those sci-fi movies. A visual-overlay of the section your looking at, page-turns and stuff controlled by eye movement like Stephen Hawking, that sort of thing...
                          How cool would that be?
                          Last edited by Jacq; February 15, 2009, 07:40:44 PM.
                          I would EAT THE HELL outta that steak, then try to guilt the cow into dying just for being a cow. I'd be all "NOM NOM HEY COW YOU'RE NOT MEAT YET WHAT GIVES JERK" and then I'd glare and give it the silent treatment. Same goes for pigs and chickens... I would guilt a FLOCK of chickens into poultrycide in a heartbeat. "HEY YOU'RE A CHICKEN HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT"- Madhatte

Comment

Glasses would be totally awesome. You could put a spell on them taht let you see people who were invisible.
                            -Dreams are nice, but sometimes you have to live in reality. -Perhaps, but dreams are MY reality.
                            -It's only impossibe if you believe it is.
                            -Existence is belief. I believe in magic, so it's real to me.

Comment

I've been looking up more about runes lately, and truthfully the idea of inscribing runes into an accessory sounds heavenly to me for some reason. I officially want a laptop as my accessory. Most def because of the laptop that I've recently been connected to over the weekend. I've been writing a new diary entry within it, and I love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X