No announcement yet.

Carmela and The Speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, NOW I blacked it out. I used "[color:black]" which, I now know, means the color of the text, not the blackout.

Ohhhh....I see what you mean. Yes, I guess she WAS the peridexis, in a way. It all comes down to definition of words...I should have remembered my Logic classes. I think she was also part machine, for a while.

Does that mean Dairine is a cyborg? JK.

Comment

Ahaaa. Well hey, now we know how to change the color of our font! Whee!

Funny, isn't it? The Speech is so particular, there's a word for every variation of everything... and we as readers have to be careful with our definitions, so we can understand the books! Hahahaaa...

I think she was only a part of the peridexis for a short while, since she obviously isn't all-powerful [any more?]. Maybe she was fully tapped into it? Oy, I'm starting the circle again.

As for the cyborg thing... I like it! Maybe not Teen Titans or Star Trek's Borg style, but I definitely think Dari became part machine. (Machine sound too rough a word, but I know you know what I mean =P )
      ..................~*Wolf*~..................
      AIM: CeliaWells8 / Twitter: Scifi_Nerd
      Won 2nd Place for Topic Of The Week 04, January, 2010!!!

Comment

I love colors!!

Yeah, I meant "was cyborg" since Dari's not, anymore, like you said. She gradually lost that full-time connection with the quicklife (better word than machine)- it became a kind of murmur, but she wasn't full of it anymore....

Comment

It was really impressive, the whole Dari-quicklife thing. I want that to come back and have another huge battle, cuz that was awesome. =D And I think she has to still has some advantage now, since there's always that soft hum in the back of her brain...

I just really, really can't wait to see what DD does with Carmela. I made up this scenario before, but I really do think there's gonna be at least one "haha" Carmela moment that Kit's gonna try to pull, and as my friend would say, a "facepalm" moment when Carmela skip up next to him and goes "Hiiii wittle bwotherrr!" and embarrass him while still saving him. (Or has she done that already? Hmm... heehee)

So... since Carmela's apparently too old to become a wizard (according to Kit?) do you think she's going to be something in between a wizard and a power? It seems plausible. Wasn't it Tom or Carl who said wizardry runs in the family? She could be something else... like, a crucial part in a battle. I think maybe we'll have one of those almost-sacrificing moments like we did with Nita in The Song of the Twelve?

Comment

Carmela- let herself be almost sacrificed? Never, it might muss her hair!!

Although definately there'll be facepalm moments. I'm chuckling just thinking about that....

My favorite image of Carmela is in W@W, when she walks out of the swirling smoke in her bright pink pants after blowing up three alien laser cannons and countless Tawalfs, and says, "Hey Neets, you gotta start remembering that sunscreen!" LOL. And since she can lie, she's basically able to do whatever she wants. (Sound of Kit shuddering.) It's a good thing she's on the right side.

Comment

Well, would the words even come out in the Speech if she was knowingly trying to tell a lie? I think we smoothed right over that one a few posts back.

Your flashback brought on the OHEMGEEMAKEAMOVIE! craze in my head, so let's wait a few minutes for that to die down...

I think at some point, even though we all love Carmela's snark, she's got to have a moment to step up and be the big sister. Or did we already experience that with W@W? I'm not sure if too much humor and shock was involved there...

I don't mean to put her down, I'm just lost in the flashback, dreaming about a movie [done right]... =)

Comment

MAKE A MOVIE!! SQUEEE! OOh, do make a movie in my lifespan, pleaseplease...I know SYWTBAW is coming, sometime...maybe when I'm in college...which means that W@W is really far away. Sob....

Coming back to reality in 5, 4, 3, 2....

I don't know whether a wizard could physically say a lie- I don't think anyone has tried, in the Speech. Does anyone know any quotes about this? I know there's a couple from WH a few posts back...

Comment

This is me trying to type while having a seizure/spasm.

THEY ARE MAKING A MOVIE OUT OF SYWTBAW?!?!??!!! GIVE ME ALL YOUR INFORMATION LINKS NOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW BEFORE I OVERLOAD GOOGLE!!!!!!!!!!!

(ooor i could just do the sensible thing and search topics, and google it myself... but we must have this shared moment.. teehee)

I know Wizards can definitely not lie at all or face dire consequences, but since Carmela's different, do you think the words would just get stuck and not come out? I remember in AWAb, Nita's dad makes her promise in the speech to not pop over and see Kit- but as someone stated before... she followed her father's word, but Kit "has no such obligation" as I believe he said. =P So, technically Nita wasn't lying, buuuuttt.....

I think it'd be funny to watch Carmela try to lie in the Speech and have it come out as her not being able to talk.

Comment

Haha. Scroll down on DD's blog quite a bit and you'll see the FAQ and a leaked bit from the script at the veeerry bottom (it's hilarious):

http://blogs.myspace.com/dianeduane

Also search this forum for "movie" and you'll find various posts by DD herself on the topic, since this blog isn't up to date.

Comment

Yay! Have I told you yet how much I appreciate you, SilveredBlue? ^_^

I will save my fangirl squees for a movie post... =)

As for Carmela...............
                      I do think she has to show more maturity, although maybe I wasn't really reading the calvary scene, and just enjoying the adventurous moment?

Comment

Working...
                      X