No announcement yet.

Tom & Carl's Relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But when I was living with my best friend we lived a lot like Tom and Carl did even though we were not together. We bought food for one another with really no concern of budget and shared willing between the two. Hell, I've seen families constrict food sharing more than roomates. Not to mention I took care of my friends cat like it was my own ((even though I hate cats .....)). And as for the alterations, the house could just be under one of their names and the other is just helping pay without any legal obligation.

I guess that's where flatmates would be different from what Tom and Carl could have. They're magical partners and share a link that is well beyond the regular friend thing. They are best friends + magic = uncomprehendible by us; whether that be gay or not.

Originally posted by Nights Mistress View Post
    I guess I don't see why there needs to be a "focus" on the relationship any more than there has to be a focus on Kit's parents or Nita's parents while Nita's mother was alive. It's Nita and Kit's coming of age story, not Tom and Carl's; it would be kind of cluttered if we started exploring their relationship to anything like the same degree as we examine Nita and Kit's development not because they're gay, straight, poly or whatever, but instead because it is not about them! It's why I'm okay with it being "in a relationship but never really explored past the same depth that ANY of the adult relationships are explored". That way it's treated as being every day matter of fact stuff works fine for me.
    But I agree. That's why I think that it would be just too much to have DD go into depth about whether or not Tom and Carl are together. Heh, if everyone one wants a gay couple, make it Ronan gay! That would be a lot more relevant to the story. . . . and a lot funnier
    Give a man a fish, and he'll stink up the entire village. Give him a fishing pole, and he'll poke your eye out.... See where I'm going?

Comment

• people suggesting a lgbt relationship might be "too distracting" hacks. me. off. (As, in case you haven't read the whole thread, a gay woman who is also polyamorous and no older than Carmela would be if we were really sticking to the chronology.)

Why should it be any more distracting than what we see of Carmela and Kit's parents' relationship? It isn't. No need for either to be so, in this context, since this is about what we see of all the adults' relationships from the younger people's points of view.
      Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

• I wasn't talking about the gay thing at all, actually. I agreeing that the fact they're gay shouldn't be focused on anymore than any other adult couple and that going in depth would distract from Kit and Nita.... In fact, I was saying any other relationship that didn't focus on Dar, Kit, or Nita would be too distracting. ^^;
        Give a man a fish, and he'll stink up the entire village. Give him a fishing pole, and he'll poke your eye out.... See where I'm going?

Comment

Working...
        X