No announcement yet.

Nita's Pairings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. I never drink coffee, but I can say from experience that that much coke wouldn't let me sleep for at LEAST, oh, five hours. Mind you, I usually drink coke when my best friends are around, so I don't actually want to go to sleep.
    T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
    Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
    Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
    Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
    My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
    Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Well, can't say I care to much bout what happens romantically with N+K but the whole K/D idea is just disgusting. However I think that if Nita nad Kit remain partners as adults they will have to either a) not get married at all or b) marry each other cuz if they married someone else how would that work? I mean they'd be spending more time with each other than with their spouses.

Did any of that make any bit of sense?

Comment

Comment

Or they could marry other wizards. or they could "confess." Or they could... lots of other things. I think. Uh.
          T

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

I think if either Nita or Kit married, they would most definately have to tell their spouse. This goes for any married wizard. You can't have a sucessful marriage with a secret like that between you.

~*~
            A picture is not always worth a thousand words. I would rather have the words and paint the pitcure with my mind.
            ~*~
            A picture is not always worth a thousand words. I would rather have the words and paint the pitcure with my mind.

Comment

Nita and Kit!! Not Kit and Dairine. Maybe Dairine should go out with that Darryl kid from A Wizard Alone.

Comment

I am totally against it but K/N has to happen because life would be so awkward otherwise . .. unless, of course, someone DIED . . .

Now thatwould be a good ending . . .

*love*hate*insanity*mortal*forever*

~Jordan~
                *love*hate*insanity*mortal*forever*

~Jordan the Magical Frog~

Comment

hey dont even talk like that. i get very attached to characters in books. but i think that Nita and Kit should have diff gf/bf when their younger and then when they get older they can see that they are made for each other. and Ronan can stay in ireland or perhaps go with Dairine. But Dairine and Darryl would be interesting too..... so many possibilitys

You're only young once but you can stay immature indefintly.

My givin name (from friends) is Psychotic Susan Hardhead. Psycho Susie for short

Comment

I like the Kit/Nita idea. They should definatly get together, but not till near the end of the series. I also like Dairine and Darryl. I liked Darryl, I don't want to see him dissappear.

I hated Ronan. I hated him so much, and I don't even know why. I just did.

BTW, I am new, so if this post does something freaky, or turns up somewhere strange, it's not my fault, I can't work this well yet. Fear me.

Or at least thats what Frodo told me.

Comment

Has anyone discussed why Nita should only be with a certian person. I want to know the reasons. Although I think I can give kit a boast to number one guy for sure.

Ronan.... well he is rude, scared(in a way), dark mysterious type to kept secerts, and He just doesn't seem to fit in Nita's world

another wizard..... I can't see that happening. Where would he fit into Nita's world. Nita would be torn between kit and the new wizard and I don't know if anyone thought of this but, if he's a wizard Nita could be partners together even if kit and her have been thourgh a lot.

A regular person would not work. they aren't supposed to have secerts from each other. and kit and her partnership would have to go the sidelines so less action in the books.

kit I can see has no faults. He knows she is a wizard. Knows a lot of her personal problems. He's her partner so they would have action in the books and reminder there have been hints of romantic feelings since the thrid book where she reads in the manual for info on why kit and her can't mind read as well because there is a lot of feelings between them now. And in the alien birthing room. And kit and nita miss each other dearly when she goes to Ireland. I know that might just be friend stuff.

well I have to go.
                      P.s I have a 100 posts now. Yeah I know it's not alot to some of you but it's alot to me cuzz I can be shy.

Princess_nita0 Night owl,Up till Dawn

Love spell
                      The seasons pass me by,
                      when I tell myself one big lie.
                      I wonder if there is a such thing as love at first sight
                      I wish with my heart that he loves me tonight

My sea of love is all a chrun
                      I just hope he loves me in return
                      My spirit is aloft like the wind
                      To each other our love we lend

My one wish is now fulfilled
                      The strenth of our love will never yield
                      Our love is like lasting light
                      expect it's all gone in just one night
                      By Courtney Chase, Princess_nita0

Comment

I'm going to paly Devil's advocate and dispute everything you just said...
                        (You did make some good points, but I like to debate, so here it goes.)

Ronan has a chip on his shouldar a mile wide, that is for sure, but he also has a soft spot for Nita. The dark, mysterious aspect of him is partiacally what makes him so appealling.

Unless Kit is hoarding some deep hidden passion for Nita, I really don't think it would tear them apart. Yes, there might be a few ego problems between the two (like we saw in AWA), but the could get to like each other. As long as the other wizard isn't incredibly jealous and mistrusting by nature, Kit ans Nita's friendship and partnership can stay strong. Also, I think it would be difficult to be partners with someone you are just starting a relationship with.

As for a non-wizard, it would be very difficult, but is possible if the person is openminded and is told about wizardry. (Not immeaditatly, of course, but after a relationship is secured.)

Kit and Nita have been through a lot together, that is certain. But why can't they stay friends? A relationship could screw up their partnership. What happenes when they break up? It would be near impossible for them to continue working together. (I know could be possible, but it depends on teh reason their relationship failed and whether either of them harbor any remaining romantic feelings.) Their wizardry-- their partnership-- is much more important to the world, or the series, to the big picture, than the possibliy of a romantic relationship. As for the "hints"-- most guygirl friendships (at least the close ones I have) go through somewhat of a "What are we?" period, where you ponder whether this relationship is completely platonic or whether a relationship is a possiblity. It may be discussed, it may to evident in a sudden, but short-lived bout of awkwardness, or it may not ven happen. It can be a ver confusing time. Perhaps this is the large amount of "feelings between them". Also, I miss my friends, guys and all, when I'm not around them for a long time. But I'm not secretly in love with any of them.

You failed to comment on the last choice- perhaps intentionally, or perhaps you jsut ran out of time. But why cna't these books be romance-free?

~*~
                        A picture is not always worth a thousand words. I would rather have the words and paint the picture with my mind.
                        ~*~

Comment

A succesful "romance" needs more than just that. More than just romantic feelings for each other. The two people also have to be able to be friends to each other, especially if when they were with each other they were/are always on their "best behavior" like they would be on a date.

Kit, of course, has known Nite for quite some time and through some truely life-altering experiences. DD gives us limited insight into the overall feelings Kit and Nita have for each other. For the most part, however, it seems that they are and will remain very close friends (they certainly argue enough to make it valid ). Nita read or thought something about taking their relationship a step further in High WizardryThe Wizard's Dilemma and A Wizard Alone seem to suggest, to me, that they now regard each other almost as a combination of friend, partner and sibling.

As for Ronan, I'm very suprised that he hasn't come up somehow since Abroad, as anything from collegue to boyfriend (the short mention in Dilemmadid/do have feelings for each other, and who better to pick which guy than she herself? Also, I find it slightly funny/interesting that in the excerpt of Alone when Dairine sees the 3D pic of Roshaun she thinks to herself "" What makes her think that?.....

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh. I have been called a hundred names and will be called a
                          thousand more before the world goes dim and cold. I am hero.

[This message was edited by The Eternal Soldier on 21 August 2003 at 23:27.]

[This message was edited by The Eternal Soldier on 21 August 2003 at 23:54.]

Comment

Hmmm, I wonder what would happen if Dairine got herself into a relationship with a non-wizard (you know, really, really liking him) and then didn't want to get out of it, but for some reason they didn't think he'd accept wizardry very well, so she needs Nita's help?
                            Warning: Pay no attention to the ramblings of my insanity, unless you think they make some sort of sense and wish to talk about them.

*Ella*

"I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha, ha, you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is 'never get involved in a land war in Asia', but only slightly less well known is this: 'never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line'! Ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha!"
                            -The Princess Bride
                            *Ella*
                            "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                            There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                            And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                            What could mean more than this?"
                            --Bright Eyes

Comment

*grins* interesting concept. But I doubt it would happen for a while: Dairine's too arrogant at the moment.
                              T

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

Be interesting if it did, though. Not to mention really funny.

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit.

Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
                                I will rejoice in the moonlight;
                                I will dance in the rivers of my tears;
                                For I am joyously, wonderfully alive!

Make your own laws or be a slave to another man's. -William Blake

School is hell with flourescent lighting.

Comment

Working...
                                X