No announcement yet.

Character Ages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just reading Aboard when it says she wasn't even fourten.And if you remember in HW it says she recieved her wizardry early at the age of 13 and kit at the age of twelve.But also I don't think anyone noticed but SYWTBAW was at the end of summer because remember where she had asked for her pen back from joanne or whatever her name was.And DW happened in the summer after that.And HW happened in the summer because it happened before Aboard which took after that because nitas mother said 'We've already taken are vacation but, you can certainatly go.' (forgive my bad spelling and run on sent.) And so that means AWD was in that coming up school year and Alone follewed that in the same school year. So nita and kit have had almost a year of wizardry but, it seems longer doesn't it.Am I late on this tidbit

Princess_nita0
    Night owl,Up till Dawn

Comment

Geeze, ages are extremely confusing. Now I know what the first sentences of A Wizard's Holiday should be.

"Nita is *blank* years old. Kit is *blank* years old. They are in *blank* and *blank* grade."

That'd be helpful, ne? (right)

~!~!~!~!~!~!~
      PART OF THE PROBLEM, Nita thought as she tore desperately down Rose Avenue, is that I can't keep my mouth shut.
      -Diane Duane, So You Want To Be A Wizard
      ---
      Interesting (adj.) - Oh God, Oh God, we're all gonna die?

Comment

No, I'm positive SYWTBAW was in March. The following summer, DW. I think probably a year after that, in the BEGINNING of the summer, is High Wizardry, and later in the summer is Wizard Abroad. The vacation the Nita's mom mentions must have been something else they did where nothing "magical" happened. Then, Dilemma is the following school year after Abroad, and Alone is in January or February that same school year. As far as I can figure.

Ages....I have NO idea, but I'm pretty sure Nita didn't skip. But is this really important? I'm also fairly sure that Kit is one grade below Nita.

*Ella*
        "If you want to know about a man's character, find out what his cat thinks of him."
        -Anonymous

"All that is gold does not glitter,
        Not all those who wander are lost,
        The old that is strong does not wither,
        Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
        From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
        A light from the shadows shall spring,
        Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
        The crownless again shall be king."
        -J.R.R. Tolkien
        My fave poem from the whole LOTR (and there are certainly enough of them!).

*Ella*
        "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
        There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
        And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
        What could mean more than this?"
        --Bright Eyes

Comment

Comment

Good point, maybe she just said a couple of grades by mistake but, with the b-day thing in act they would be in the same grade maybe there just in the same grade in different......oh wait that can't work cuz in Delima because they didn't see each other much cuz nita was in high school in the other building.I must go and do some medatation on this, very puzzeling is it.

Princess_nita0
            Night owl,Up till Dawn

Comment

i cant stand age thingys

Comment

What I have learned from this:
                I need to pay attention to the age tips.
                And ages can start up LONG convos...

~!~!~!~!~!~!~
                PART OF THE PROBLEM, Nita thought as she tore desperately down Rose Avenue, is that I can't keep my mouth shut.
                ---

Comment

HAHA, have you ever been around people aged over 70?

-IV-
                  -IV-
                  Ipha
                  Dai Stihò

Comment

Yes... and now that I think of it, they talk a lot too.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~
                    ---

Comment

lol, I can't name the number of times "ages" have sparked Longggg conversations with older folks. It is pretty funny.

-IV-
                      -IV-
                      Ipha
                      Dai Stihò

Comment

**Deja Moo**
                        Dia :evillaugh:
                        Dai Stihó

Comment

skybluice, How do you know Kit's b-day is on Aug. 25? I'm extremely confused. I'm sure Nita hasn't skipped any grades but Kit has. I think they are currently fifteen and fourteen. Oh, and about the month they were born I'm pretty sure it's irrevalent since they live in New York and I don't think New York follows those rules. I have two distant cousins who live in Florida like I do but one started school in NY the other started school in FL and she's a grade higher than my FL cousin although she's a week younger.

The worst thing about new books is that they keep us from reading the old ones.
                          -Dai
                          -Dai

Comment

**Deja Moo**
                            Dia :evillaugh:
                            Dai Stihó

Comment

Oh. Thanks. I had the first book but I lent it to someone and he lost it. . I'm pretty sure though that Nita didn't skip any grades because Dairine isn't allowed to so why should Nita be able to.Anyways . .. .. .

-Dai
                              -Dai

Comment

Originally posted by Rowen Avalon:
                                Another thing: It says in Deep Wizardry that Kit has skipped a couple of grades. How is this possible? It would put him way above Nita....
                                Kit is in 8th grade he skipped 2 grades(I read the 1st and 2nd book last week) Nita is 12 Kit is 11 Nita is in 7th grade. NEETS didn't skip any!

L8er

Sam (Hifun55)
                                ~Sam (Hifun55)~
                                Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
                                HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
                                My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

Working...
                                X