No announcement yet.

Kit & Nita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Nita and Kit together isn't right. Their just best/close friends. And since Kit is younger than Nita and Nita is older than Kit they would make an awkward couple. Besides, I thougth Nita already liked somone.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel:
      Personally, I do hope that Nita does not fall for Ronan. Is he cute? Yes. Does his accent make women melt? Heck yes. Is he a jerk? YES. You see, what I find disgustingly common is that 'fangirls' are falling for the 'bad boy' exterior. Um, hello? Since when did bad become cool?
      I...can't help it. I have to address this.

Bad has always been cool. That's why James Dean was as popular as he was. (Is?) That's why Krycek (X-Files) had a huge following. That's why rock stars go out and get drunk or stoned and trash hotel rooms and people turn out by the thousands to see them. That's why high school girls hook up with high school boys who treat them like dirt. If you don't think bad has always been equated will cool in our culture...what rock have you been living under?!

This is not to say that I think this is a good trend. It's a very, very bad one, and one that has me worried about where our culture is headed. But the trend is there, and it won't be ignored.

Edited to correct typo.
      And as I sit and talk to you, I see your face go white
      This shadow hanging over me is no trick of the light
      This spectre on my back shall soon be free
      The dead have come to claim a debt from thee
      --The Pogues--

Comment

I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

I get what you're saying, Lamarquise, and I agree with you. My best friend has always been drawn to the "bad boys" and it's gotten her heart broken too many times to count.

But Angel said (quote) "Um, hello? Since when did bad become cool?" (end quote) and that's what I was addressing. In our culture, bad is cool, and there's no denying that. Unhealthy and foolish as it is, the trend is there.

On another message board I frequent, someone recently started a poll, trying to understand why fictional bad boys were often the most popular characters among women, and there were some enlightening answers that nevertheless made me more worried about our culture. Society is leading women to believe that they can redeem these bad boys, fictional or not, and in all honesty they (usually) can't.

I hate this trend, since it's resulted in many of my friends being hurt badly. But the trend is there, and the only issue I took with Angel's post was that she seemed to be saying that it isn't. (See quote.)
          And as I sit and talk to you, I see your face go white
          This shadow hanging over me is no trick of the light
          This spectre on my back shall soon be free
          The dead have come to claim a debt from thee
          --The Pogues--

Comment

Aha, I see what you mean. I'm sorry--I didn't word my post as well as I probably could have managed. X-Phile, I agree and understand what you're saying. I must apologize for being ambiguous in my post. I *am* aware that it does happen and frequently. Believe me, my friends and family have been there WAY too often.

Thanks for pointing out my error, X-Phile.
            ~~~~~
            You know when people see a cat's litter box, they always say, "Oh, have you got a cat?" Just once, I want to say, "Nope. It's for company. Help yourself. Make yourself comfy. Take your time."

Comment

Actually this presents a very good reason why Nita and Ronan shouldn't be paired in some kind of serious romantic relationship: not that they ever had one to begin with, but you understand.

It would reinforce the 'bad boy is good and I can change him' trend. I agree, the trend is there and it's not good. So people who have enough influence in these matters (ie: celebrities, authors, athletes, whomever) should take the responsibility of trying to change this trend.

Granted, not all of them are doing that. Of course they aren't because all most celebs care about is themselves. And I wouldn't expect any of that to work overnight, not by a long shot. The point: slow change is better than none, and I think DD is cool enough to start the trend in her books that shows this ISN'T a good think.

Oh, and I'm a sap for Kit/Nita. Well, just ships in general really. It's quite sad I tell you. You'd think I'd know better after Buffy, X-Files, His Dark Materials, and...worst of all, Harry Potter... but I can't seem to stop. It's an addiction.

Comment

Im sorry I know I souldn't ship. After my prediction of Harry and Hermione was wrong in Harry Potter, I swore to my self I would do no more shipping! But I just cant help it this time! Nita and Kit would be soo perfect for each other. There would be no other way for them to stay partners (like the promosed in HW)in wizardry and not be "together"! I mean if another person went out with one of them wizard or not, they would get jelous of the time Nita and Kit spend together. I mean ther is NO other way. Ok I think I'm back now. But anyway I just had to comment here....As you were.
                Don't take life so seriously- you wont get out alive anyway.
                I just got lost in thought…it was unfamiliar territory.
                If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?

Comment

I think that Kit and Nita shouldn't fall in love....

They might continue their Partnership as friends but its kinda wrong....

I mean what will happen when they break up???
                  The people at their school will just tease them more o.O

Dai!
                  ~*If Time Has A Heart, Its Only Becuase Other Hearts Stop*~

Comment

Mimi - Why is K/N wrong? And who says they'd have to break up at all?

Harry/Hermione is wrong...it'd be a total test of wills all the time and one or the other would always have to buckle. It seems pretty clear to me that Ron is needed as a buffer between them because Harry hates being questioned all the time and Hermione doesn't know how to let well enough alone. Hermione's impulses towards self-righteousness drive Harry up the wall and his risk-taking, sometimes impulsive attitude would send her mad with worry. They just have different styles.

Nita and Kit don't have the same problem. The reason people tend to pair them in their minds is that they work so darn well together. They're not from the same family or anything. So...nobody knows what will happen, but I don't see anything against it if something did develop.
                    I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

I don't think either of them could easily be with someone else. However, this could be proven wrong. I think their partnership and friendship is close enough to be able to last, however if the other side of the relationship could I'm not sure.

That being said, over shippy-ness of them somewhat annoys me. But I can actually see them. They may or may not become a couple. Either way would work for me. But I can't see either of them going steady with another person. That may just be me though...They would get jelous of the time those two spent together probably, and the relationship- however platonic is is.
                      We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

Lauren, just a word--board rules include keeping sigs to small sizes, and text only. You may wanna take moment to familiarize yourself with the board rules in the FAQ.
                        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Kit/Nita could get really ugly.

I think their partnership could survive them getting into relationships, the problem would be explain their...relationship to their partners. It'd be awkward enough trying to get their mondo friendship past their respective significant others, but then tryihng to explain the wizardry to them... Now if they both partnered up with wizards, that would be a different story. Sort of.
                          PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                          Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

That's just what I was thinking Caitlin! Everyone always talks about Nita and Kit being either with eachother, or with someone with no wizardry. I've yet to hear about them with a different wizard. Anyway...I think that they should remain friends...but I have the feeling that they're going to eventually be "more than friends." Maybe it'll just be implied, but I think it's going to happen sometime...

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

I think that Kit and Nita are going to get in a huge fight someday and go out with random people just to make each other jelous. Then when they try to explain wizardry to their "other" the person won't believe and be there for them, so then Kit and Nita will end up getting together.
                              -AND I AM GOING TO EAT....IT... ALLLLLLLLLLLLL

Comment

Working...
                              X