No announcement yet.

Kit & Nita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I understan from the books Ronan was Nita's first "Kiss" I think that it would be cool if they "Got Together" She has a crush on him. I would like to see them together it would be Cool.
    I think that if Nita and Kit "Got Together" that it would hurt there Friendship. That is just what I think!!!!!!!!

Lissa
    "We pray for our sorrows to end,
    and hope that our hearts will blend.
    Now I will step forward to realize this wish.
    And who knows:
    starting a new journey may not be so hard
    or maybe it has already begun.
    There are many worlds,
    but they

Comment

Nita and Kit's relationship would change dramatically if they did start dating. Maybe for the better, however, I'm not sure how wizardry would fit into it. Just let them stay friends. If they need to date, there are other random wizards (and open-minded non-wizards) out there that would understand that Kit and Nita are partners and good friends, but not lovers.

~*~
      A picture is not always worth a thousand words. I would rather have the words and paint the pitcure with my mind.
      ~*~
      A picture is not always worth a thousand words. I would rather have the words and paint the pitcure with my mind.

Comment

I am SURPRISED @ you people! Are you really afraid of a little unpredictability? It would be boring if Kit and Nita's realationship just stayed the same throughout the whole series. I'm not sure if I'm for or against the dating thing; I personaly think that Kit will go for another girl eventualy. Do you think this would break up Kit and Nita's magical realationship? Even if it would, that wouldn't nessecarily be a bad thing. They could still be friends. Didn't Tom and Carl say something about wizards' partnerships changing as the wizards got older?

Jen26
        "Deceit shall have its reward." - Timeline

Comment

I've read through the books (except Alone, which has to come out in paperback soon!) many times, and I've found you can read them with a pro- or anti-K/N stance. I've also found that depending on how you read the books, you tend to see different ambiguous statements take on opposite meanings. It was actually startling for me to read the "Nita alone on the moon" scene from High Wizardry with a pro-K/N point of view, because Nita's thoughts and motivations become completely skewed from what I'd always taken them to be.

I (not being DD) cannot decide which is the better, or perhaps "truer," mode of reading. For that reason, I'm trying to be as neutral as possible on the K/N issue. I simply can't parse from the books what Kit and Nita think about each other in "that way," so I've decided to give up and see where the books take me.

All that having been said, though, I see huge logistical problems in Kit and Nita not being involved. We know Tom and Carl pretty well at this point, and I think it's safe to say that they're both romantically unattached. But they live together, probably because they need each other to be in close proximity. How would Kit and Nita work this out if they wanted to see other people? They would have to find themselves some extremely

Comment

You got that right.... How do you write so much?

"Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
            Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
            Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
            One for the Dark Lord on it's dark throne
            In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.
            One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
            One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
            In the land of Mordor where the shadows lie."
            All that is gold does not glitter,
            Not all those who wander are lost;
            The old that is strong does not wither,
            Deep rootsare not reached by the frost.
            From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
            A light from the shadows shall spring;
            Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
            The crownless again shall be king.
            Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
            ------------------------------------------------------------
            "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

Comment

Auntie Annie has a family... I think that many other wizards would have families. Not all wizards die of supernatural causes- and I suspect that many of the ones that do die, not in theit middle years, but when they're young, and have a lot of power to spare on the flashy, the dramatic. By contrast, an adult wizard's practice (bar Seniors, possibly) seems to be equally important, but not so much about great works and big showdowns- more about fighting entropy in detail. Thus I think wizards probably would get married, some of them (and some of them not, obviously.)

Of course, some wizards would be exceptions: Seniors, for example. I think Seniors would be less likely to marry/have a long-term realationship than a non-Senior, both because of the HUGE time commitment and the life at risk thing. "[Seniors die young because] Their constant combat with the LP, [both in the everyday and more] tends to kill them young." Which doesn't neccessarily preclude them from being in a relationship with another wizard... It's not all wizards that have short lifespans (though some of them do) it's the Seniors. *is sad* Tom and Carl!

Kita: have you ever tried typing Kit and Nita in a hurry? Ever done Kita by mistake? I have.
                T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
                Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
                Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
                My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
                Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
                Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Yeah, I started rereading Abroad last night, and as soon as I saw that Annie had a family, I cringed. Oh, well. Though I usually have an excellent memory for what I read, this book is my least favorite by far, so it's mostly faded from my mind. I'm rereading it so that I can get a better footing here.

But I think I stand by the gist of it -- that it's very difficult to have a family and to practice wizardry. After all, Annie and her husband did divorce after five years, and maybe her wizardry (or his -- was he a wizard?) exacerbated their problems.

I second the Tom & Carl sadness. It brings up an interesting question, though -- what's the ratio of Seniors to regular ol' wizards? Or Advisories? Since wizardry is partially hereditary, how do they keep from dying out altogether? Nita said in Deep Wizardry

Comment

I think it is not fair that they don't have hardcover and paperback released at the same time.I only buy paperback and I have to wait til' October and it came out in hardcover a while ago.And a lot of people said it was really good!
                    I have difficulties with Gravity.

Comment

i say they should be boyfriend and girlfriend i mean i think everybody might feel different but that is what i think any way.

Comment

dw, glad you've found the joy of posting and gaining karma, but be aware that one-liners and posting just to push your post count is a no-no around here, and, if done repeatedly, may end up getting your karma points zeroed, your postings summarily deleted, or all your posts moderated.

Please take some time to read the Board FAQ.
                        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Hi all!

Just wanted to put in my two cents.

Unfortunately, things between Nita and Kit will have to change. That's part of life. The only question is whether they can make the changes positive and (if necessary) pick up the pieces when good things come to an end.

Forgive me, but I've never seen a completely platonic adult girl/guy relationship as close as Kit and Nita's. That comment comes(I think) from somewhat bitter experience. I'm not sure it's possible, much less that it's possible to balance a very close relationship with someone of the opposite sex with a romance on the side. One or the other will get gypped. When you have a significant other, that person has the right to your loyalty, your devotion, and your confidence and anybody else that close will be in the way.

So, there aren't very many nice ways to work with the problem. There are only alternatives.
                          1.) Nita and Kit split up and (amicably, I'm sure) go their own ways. Heartbreaking, but common.
                          2.) Nita and Kit try to balance partnership with "personal lives" and it turns into a fiasco. (Leading either to 1, 3, or 4.)
                          3.) Nita and Kit decide against romance altogether but keep their partnership. Possible, though unlikely. Attraction and closeness doesn't have to mean anything more happens. I just don't think our favorite wizards can stay completely platonic.
                          4.) Nita and Kit's relationship changes to make room for romance between them.

Somewhere, somehow, they will have decide whether to date other people, whether to continue their partnership, and whether to try for a romantic relationship. I totally agree that a romance could mess up their friendship, but coming from opposite sexes will do that anyway. The only way to keep the really close friendship--the true partnership--is to swear off all romance, or to make a romance between them work. I happen to think Nita and Kit could do just fine together...given some maturing and time, and perhaps distance, to start thinking of each other in different ways.

Being a wizarding couple would be hard. It's a tough question whether you'd have the right to bring children into that, but (on the other hand) many wizards seem to have managed parenthood and the Powers might very well make certain adjustments in planning to let parents slip into less dangerous (but, surely just as important) roles. The even tougher question might be whether a marriage could survive partnership. But not all married wizards would have to be partners, and somehow I think Nita and Kit could handle it. But that's just me.
                          I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

I personaly think that K&N could handle it after diciding to date. I think that the real fun would start when one started having feelings for the other. something that I think is bound to happen.

I don't think that I could see them having a rellation with a non-wizard. Even a openminded one. at the end of the day you would be closer to the person whoo saved your life than your S/I.

I would love to see the fur fly if Kit and Nita started having feelings for each other

Comment

Originally posted by Guest:
                              I've read through the books (except Alone, which has to come out in paperback soon!) many times, and I've found you can read them with a pro- or anti-K/N stance. I've also found that depending on how you read the books, you tend to see different ambiguous statements take on opposite meanings. It was actually startling for me to read the "Nita alone on the moon" scene from High Wizardry with a pro-K/N point of view, because Nita's thoughts and motivations become completely skewed from what I'd always taken them to be.

[snip]
                              Anyway, just to wrap up that embarrassingly long post, I'd like to say that whatever DD writes about Kit and Nita, I will read, and I'm completely open to either path.
                              Thank you for a very interesting post. I've always read YW with the feeling Kit and Nita will have romantic futures, whether they be successful or not, and not necessarily with each other (or maybe not at first or forever). Nonetheless I do think they both like each other - it's just the depth and type of feeling that's left unsaid. Witness the decreasing ability talk mind to mind, if nothing else (ref: the moon scene with Nita in HW).

But what do _I_ want to see? I'm a utterly hopeless romantic - which I think answers that ;-)
                              Frog blast the vent core!

Comment

I think that, eventually, there will be romance in their futures. Maybe not with each other, maybe not with a wizard--but I think that there will be some opportunity for them to fall in love with _someone_.

Personally, I do hope that Nita does not fall for Ronan. Is he cute? Yes. Does his accent make women melt? Heck yes. Is he a jerk? YES. You see, what I find incredibly common is that 'fangirls' are falling for the 'bad boy' exterior. If he's a jerk to you when you first meet, if he's a jerk to others, if he's self centered frequently...what in blue blazes makes you think he'll change? I personally don't want Nita to end up with someone like him, even if he has taken the Oath.

I think that what she and Kit have goes well beyond the borders of friendship and romance--sort of self-created soulmates. After working with someone so intimately, being their friend, saving each others lives...that's not a bond that can just be dissolved or downgraded. In this case, I think that 'romance' would be a step down for both of them. Note: You don't always have to be romantically involved to be capable of being around that person 24/7, and getting along with them better than anyone else.

So, I recant my earlier statement. I don't think they'll be romantically involved--because they have something much deeper. Will they get married to other people or have flings? Probably. But their partnership--their friendship--is incredibly strong and special.

EDIT: Corrected some phrasing errors.
                                ~~~~~
                                You know when people see a cat's litter box, they always say, "Oh, have you got a cat?" Just once, I want to say, "Nope. It's for company. Help yourself. Make yourself comfy. Take your time."

Comment

Working...
                                X