No announcement yet.

Kit/Nita *coughgoingoutcough*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay on the last page someone said kit had been UNFAZED by nita! Ya right! Look at Deep Wizardry at the part of the shapechange.... please don't make me do a direct quote.
    sehlinger
    not all that is gold glitters, not all who wander are lost
    -AND I AM GOING TO EAT....IT... ALLLLLLLLLLLLL

Comment

In my opinion, it doesn't matter either way that Nita and Kit take their relationship. They are good friends, and after all that they've been through together, I don't see them (if they do start to date) breaking up and never speaking again. The bonding between wizards is a running theme in YW, no matter what kind of relationship it is. For instance, look at Tom and Carl, we've all been trying to figure them out forever. But, does it really matter? Wizards work together, and I don't think that a romantic relationship will ultimately affect Nita and Kit's little corner of the Wizardry world.
      "All Death Eaters must be proficient in the Dark Arts: murder, Unforgivable Curses, yodeling etc."
      -So You Want to be a Death Eater

----------------------
      'Creator of Sonderwear'
      -----------------------

Comment

In my personal opinion, the best kind of romance plot is when a girl meets a guy, they become best friends, then the girl meets another guy, gets together with him for whatever reason, and then realizes she doesn't love him and the only person she could really love was right in front of her all along. Then they live happily ever after in a beach house with 4 kids. (Lol, jk about that beach house/kids part) The same works with the guy as the main character.

Overall, the plot may be predictable, but it's far more likely than when a girl meets some random guy, then instantly falls in love with him and decides to marry him for reasons unknown. Relationships have to develope. And as far as I know, Kit is Nita's closest friend.

Comment

Sorry this turned into a small essay...

Originally posted by Space Cadet View Post
          There's a reason so many friends in books end up together. Because it makes sense.
          I personally wouldn't even consider dating someone who wasn't my friend. And I've always assumed that when I mary, my husband will be my BEST friend.
          I think so many people get divorces these days because they marry people they aren't really in love with. They base their descision on lust. Chemistry is just that: chemistry. When your partner starts to age and doesn't look so attractive anymore, you need that friendship in order for the relatonship to survive.
          Thank you!

Personally, I also feel that friendship, real, true, deep friendship, is the start to any relationship that's going to last. (Of course, in Dairine and Roshaun's case, friendship came after the headbashing....)

Anyway, this is Kit and Nita we're talking about. Neither of them strikes me as terribly romantic, and if I had to pick one of them for the role, It'd be Kit (I mean, the guy loves Shakespeare). That being said, they're both very down to earth, dedicated to wizardry, and are able to hold what's most important over their personal needs and desires. That's not suddenly going to change if they really do become more than friends. (THIS IS NOT TWILIGHT!!!)

Furthermore, I don't think anything concrete has been said about any relationship in the series, but it has been reaffirmed time and time again that Nita and Kit are a great team, and it's obvious that they compliment eachother. The fact that their partnership does get rocky at points is a sign that it's working. Human beings, no matter how close they are, are bound to clash at times. What's important is how they handle the disagreements, which Nita and Kit always do (usually in a very grown up manner)

One point I don't think anyone's brought up is the concept of "there's no such thing as accidents/cooincidences" which reappears time and time again. Nita and Kit are meant to be partners. Why else did it take a month after he found his manual for Kit's Ordeal to start? From the beginning, they were meant to work together. Plus, they've yet to let the Power's down, and both are adamant about not giving up wizardry, so I forsee them being partners for a LONG time. Quite possibly until one or both of them die.

Why am I going on about their partnership on a thread concerned with whether or not they'll become an item? Because interpersonal relationships are complex and overlap eachother. Their being partners doesn't change the fact that they're best friends, and it won't change if they eventually become more than that. They'll still have the same sense of humor and easy banter between them, there'll just be an extra element.

Plus, this book, while incorporating and addressing interpersonal relationships, isn't really about them. As has already been said, it's about the wizardry. if Nita and Kit become more than friends, you know the action, plot, and magic are going to be taking up the focus regardless.

Finally, i don't particularly dislike Ronan, but I feel that if he were to get into a relationship with Nita, it would stress both of their relationships with Kit. I mean, the guys get along pretty well and will even team up to tease Nita. Not to mention the fact that Carmela won't give him up without a fight.

Basically, though some people think that Nita and Kit getting together would screw up the partnership, I somehow see Ronan getting thrown into the mix causing WAY more problems. And, let's face it, Nita and Kit's partnership and the struggles they go through together are a HUGE focus of the series. If that partnership breaks up, everything else might just wind up going to hell in a handbasket, and what fun would that be?

It's obvious, I'm sure, but, personally, I'm really hoping Nita and Kit WILL wind up together, because I see them being partners for life, and they've yet to find someone who understands and respects the nuances of that relationship. Having either of them date other people would just cause untold problems for all concerned.

....Sorry. That went on forever

Comment

Osaka, your sense sounds a lot like my sense. You and I seem to be on the same wavelength here. I've also noticed that the 'there are no coincidences' theme applies to their relationship as much as it applies to their wizardry.

I'm not saying I want to see Nita and Kit together right now. Far from it: I want more strife first, because that's fun (if frustrating). But for thematic symmetry, I want them heading in that direction.

Comment

But

Of coarse Nita and Ronan wouldn't go out it would Carmela and Ronan because in waw Carmela has her eyes on him and zooms in to win and also the whole part between Nita and Ronan was a catalyst for the next book kit knows that they had had a moment and was jealous but it made them stronger afterwards and sure I think that kit and Nita will eventually go out but I hope it doesn't happen soon because as some else said that it might be the ending to the series

Comment

Working...
              X