No announcement yet.

Kit/Nita *coughgoingoutcough*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea, its basically inevitable that kit and nita will at one time eventually get together (for long? who knows?).
    Fay wrote:
    They should see other people at their current ages.
    on that, i agree. i think that that would most likely happen, because Nita had Ronan for a little while, and Kit probobly doesn't like that. Possibly, just to show he can, he'll get a girlfriend?

and just as a footnote, why does everyone hate Ronan?! He's an awesome soggy beer mat!!
    just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

Actually Kaiba Nita found out from her aunt in abroad that wizard partners sometimes separate because one finds something more important than wizardry. And it was also her aunt that reassured nita that she and kit would probably be together for a long time. If you don't believe me READ Wizard Abroad
      ---------------------------------------
      YW Chat room link. http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/ Type in nickname and #youngwizards for channel.
      "in remembrance of Peter Murray,5/16/06,dai stiho

Comment

mythbusterfan:
        Actually Kaiba, Nita found out from her aunt in abroad that wizard partners sometimes separate because one finds something more important than wizardry. And it was also her aunt that reassured nita that she and kit would probably be together for a long time. If you don't believe me READ Wizard Abroad
        Hmm... maybe you're right.... maybe she read that wizards get closer in HW in the manual... I don't remember. I'll take your word for it.

Mel:
        and just as a footnote, why does everyone hate Ronan?! He's an awesome soggy beer mat!!
        For some reason, it seems like everyone thinks that everyone else hates Ronan. I mean, numerous people have asked why everyone else seems to hate Ronan, when in truth, not that many people hate him. Sure, a select few do (ie...Gigo...), but not the majority... See, there's even a topic about that here.

sher'ret:
        Like Kaiba said, having a near-death experience would make Nita and Kit a lot closer. That also happens in HP and the Sorceror's Stone.
        Yes, thats exactly my point. *nods* Except in HP, Ron ended up with Hermione, and then our protagonist and main character Harry end up with...*glares detestingly at Ginny with a passion*

Comment

The HP example agrees with you, though. Harry and Ron both saved Hermione from the troll in PS, but only Harry saved Ginny from Tom Riddle in CoS. It's those near-death experiences again. Not to mention, the hero (without shining armour in this case) saving the heroine from a monster. Ho hum. At least Nita and Kit can save each other from monsters, and don't have to perpetuate the cliche.
          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

sher'ret:
            Like Kaiba said, having a near-death experience would make Nita and Kit a lot closer. That also happens in HP and the Sorceror's Stone.
            Kaiba:
            Yes, thats exactly my point. *nods* Except in HP, Ron ended up with Hermione, and then our protagonist and main character Harry end up with...*glares detestingly at Ginny with a passion*
            Call me a shallow fan and my bad to HP fans out there, but even though I quit reading HP at Chambers of Secrets I think that the Ron/Hermione and Harry/Ginny thing makes sense. I mean ya gotta let the red-heads have something right?

As for the NKR love triangle....if I were Nita I'd go with Ronan....you know at least until Kit gets a little older I mean, the people who read Wizard's Delima; doesn't Nita get teased for always hanging out with Kit? So Nita shouldn't give up the whole thing with Kit yet is basically what I'm saying. Anyways....I've always been wondereing this but what is it with the heroine ALWAYS being older than the hero? Either that or the leading guy/girl always ends up with someone younger, smaller or jus different than them? Anybody got any input 'bout this? It'd be much appreciated if ya did.

~~~~---------------~~~~~
            sweetbox!!!~

Comment

Well, if you're looking for support for R/H and H/G, you have it from my end. It's hard for me to believe that people never caught on that Harry likes having Hermione as a friend but that they irritate the heck out of each other without Ron around. Harry hates always being questioned and Hermione can't let things go. And wasn't Ron and Hermione's behavior at the Yule Ball a dead giveaway? So...just my two cents.

I'd have to admit to being a N/K shipper when they get older and are truly ready for such things. They simply fit together. I wonder if, in the fan community, the divide doesn't tend to be between the people who think of friendship as very distinct from romance and the ones who think it's the most important part. Personally, my guess is that the spouses who are truly, at the base of it, friends are the ones who last and keep loving.

Just an idea...
              I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

Originally posted by la13:

I mean, the people who read Wizard's Delima; doesn't Nita get teased for always hanging out with Kit? So Nita shouldn't give up the whole thing with Kit yet is basically what I'm saying.

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">GREAT idea! Sure, EVERYBODY should let their life be RULED BY OTHER PEOPLE and _THEIR_ OPINIONS!.

"Hmm, I really like this guy, but if I hang out with him I'll get teased a little. Hmm. I think I won't like him anymore."</span>

*cough*

(a little later) *snicker*

Comment

I reckon it could happen. Who knows how long it will last, but it is certainly a possibility. Like everyone else has said it's been kind of hinted at in the past books. Although, the annoying thing is that in lots of books, friends become more than friends etc, etc. It has got to stop somewhere.

Comment

There's a reason so many friends in books end up together. Because it makes sense.
                    I personally wouldn't even consider dating someone who wasn't my friend. And I've always assumed that when I mary, my husband will be my BEST friend.
                    I think so many people get divorces these days because they marry people they aren't really in love with. They base their descision on lust. Chemistry is just that: chemistry. When your partner starts to age and doesn't look so attractive anymore, you need that friendship in order for the relatonship to survive.

Comment

Well, as far as needed friendship in a relationship goes, if Nita and Kit got together, I don't think we'd have to worry about that much.

My observations...
                      Several times (I know there's a part near the end of HW, and I think two more parts are mid-DW and in AWA) Kit and Nita discuss, very briefly, and forcibly, "them." If I recall, what they actually do is more like discuss the idea of wizards in a romantic relationship, and don't even mention each other, each time essentially deciding they should just stay friends.

On the one hand, the fact that they've had the discussion several times would make you think that deep down there's something there, something they both want... but I think it's more likely both afraid: partly it's because you're ALWAYS kind of afraid when going into a relationship, but more importantly that they both place their work above their desires, and they're afraid that if something goes wrong (i.e., getting together then breaking up), they'll be worse wizards because of it.

On the other hand...
                      Something I've ALSO noticed is that, as much as they decide on just being friends, they're very careful to never rule anything out. From my experience, this means that they're both really waiting for something to happen, just not... yet.

And when I say "my experience" I mean my experience.
                      "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak out and remove all doubt."
                      -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I agree with the starter of this topic wholeheartedly 9except that Harry should be with luna, but anyways) friendship is love, period
                        I love Boston...(I'm from there).I wonder if Nita and Kit will ever go there...

I just (made you, too) Lost The Game :D:D:D

Comment

If Nita and Kit get together, the question then becomes, "what next?". How would a romantic relationship affect their wizardry? I figure that it would make them more powerful, mabye more able to trump the LP? Possibly? However, what would happen if they broke up? What kind of rammifications would that have? The two of them work really well together. It'd be a shame to have a team like that split up.

I'm a big fan of Nita and Kit getting together, personally. I'd love to see it. On the other hand, I'd also hate for something like that to interfere somewhere down the road. And that would be doubleplusuncool. Anyone?
                          PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                          Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

oh come on... there are other things to more focused on.
                            ~the unreality of reality~

Comment

dragonfly: True. But there are other threads for those things. ^_^

Actually, there was a line in TWD that goes along with what Space Cadet was saying. (I'm going to summarize, because I'm lazy and the book is not within reach. Plus, I'm on vacation). Nita's parents were friends for a long time before they got married. And everyone else knew it before they did. Perhaps Dairine and 'Mela have got it right? *laughs*

But not all couples break up. Even if they did, I think that they would remain very close friends, and wizardly partners. They've been through too much to let something like breaking up destroy their partnership and friendship.

*sigh* The Potter ships. Ah yes. You know what irks me? When people say something like "I don't see how anyone can/cannot..." or 'Isn't it obvious that...?". People are entilted to their opinions and their ships, and it's not nice to marginalize them by making it seem that thinking in a certain way is somehow inferior to another's view on things. You know? That just irks me. It's okay to disagree. Disagreement is great. Telling someone that something is obvious (and thus implying that they are of a lesser intelligence if they don't see it as obvious as well) is not so great.

Now, if they haven't thought it through and you can tell, asking them their reasoning is a good way to get them to rethink what they're saying. But those who have thought things through have good reason to think what they do.

And if you couldn't tell by that spiel in response to Lamarquise's post, I'm a H/Hr shipper. ^_^ And proud of it.

Wow, that was a long post thar...
                              ---------------------------
                              ~
                              And we go on...

Comment

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS CRAZY. Think on this, Teenagers, starting with an old friendship, its halfway ther to dating already. But if it all goes wrong then they would be along time in makeing it up to each other. But then again, I'm a teenage boy who aint never dated

~Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get next
                                "Absurdity is the spice of life, the little things that always make the one being absurd laugh, and no one else"-me, being serious
                                Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him alight and he's warm for the rest of his life ~ Jingo, by Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                                X