Kit/Nita *coughgoingoutcough*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kit/Nita *coughgoingoutcough*

does anyone else have the feeling (sinking or otherwise) that Kit and Nita are going to somehow wind up going out? it's sort of inevitable, really. Yes, I know they're just partners, but remember in The Wizard's Dilemma, when Kit saw Nita wearing that short skirt, and was like, "hey, that can't be Nita, she wouldn't wear a skirt like that. It's a shame, though." this is just a random thing I've been thinking about, so... *trails off into the randomness of the world*..............................
    Nitwit, blubber, oddment, tweak! --Albus Dumbledore

I <3 Jamie Lawrence!!!!!! *squee*

Well I think DD mentioned that Kit and Nita weren't ready for that kind of relationship just yet. They are also kind of far apart in ages. But I was thinking Ronan and Nita. I think there might be a few topics discussing this already so I'd have to check there.
    penguins will rule the world.

Comment

NONONONONONO. Go away, Ronan.

*cough cough cough cough cough* Kit/Nita *cough cough cough cough cough*

It would be fluffy as a......*insert something fluffy here* but it would kinda ruin it. I mean, *moment of extreme fluffiness*, then *nothing else except stuff, which is always still a little fluffy*.

So, even though the pairing is great, it just wouldn't work out. Probably.

Comment

yes... i'm a newbie, so i didn't check out the boards before i posted this. sorry!! i'll try not to make a post of the same topic again.

But back to Nita/Kit. I think that if DD REALLY tried, she could make it work. after all, we do know that she is a genius writer. *pays homage to Diane Duane*

It would be really hard, and i think it could turn out really horrible, but maybe in the last book of the series, it could work as sort of a "everyone lives happily ever after" kind of thing. ( there could be an end to the series?????? aaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!)

Comment

Yes Gigo, I think Ronan should go away too!!! Evil Ronan-Ilike his character, but not what he did with Nita. I think that Nita and Kit should go out. In DW nita admited to Dairine that she liked Kit. Then in HW she admitted it to Kit. Then in TWD Kit basicaly said that he liked her and Neets said that she likes him.
          Dai stiho cousins
          ~~~Ezra

Comment

i think that if nita and kit went out it would be great!
            the only problem with this is that if they broke up their wizardry would definatly suffer.

i think that ronan better stay away because he is making kit mad and ruining their friendship. i do not want ronan and nita to go out!!!!!! DEFINATLY!!!!

sehlinger

not all that is gold glitters, not all who wander are lost
            -AND I AM GOING TO EAT....IT... ALLLLLLLLLLLLL

Comment

Yes, Nita/Kit is likely, kinda canon-like, not too strange....

Ahem... I'd rather they don't go out though, because the friends-turn-into-lovers thing kinda annoys me. That, among other things...

Comment

Did anyone check DD's favorite quotes from WAW? There's a few that push relationships in the next book. Maybe it will be Neets and Kit.
                penguins will rule the world.

Comment

I perosnaly dont want a Nita/Kit because I think its just so predictable. Plus, if they break up do you think they will still be great friends liek they used to? I think that their wizarding partnership will suffer. But then again if they do get together and stay that way it might help. I dunno but thats my two cents worth there.
                  ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                  **Neets**
                  CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

Well keep in mind Nita used to like Kit (High Wizardry and Deep Wizardry timelines). THey also decided they didn't want that. From personal experience, that's a hard conversation to reverse.

Also, just because Kit says it would be nice if Nita wore the skirts doesn't mean he likes her. You can acknowledge someone's attractiveness without being attracted to them. Kit would probably appreciate any cute girl wearing a short skirt.

Comment

Evangelion999 -

Just to be fair, I'm not sure the text supports the conclusion either that Nita and Kit don't like each other or that there was any agreement that nothing ever would happen. Even were that the case, kids that young might very well change their minds as they grow up anyway, and that's okay.

Nita and Kit are still great friends. And they never said nothing could happen--they were only trying to reassure each other that they'd remain friends if something changed, and things will change. It's an interesting question as to whether there's real attraction there...they're still pretty young for any of that, and they've been concentrating on other things.

On the con side, there's a certain amount of evidence that Nita hasn't been thinking of anything of the sort. The fact that she kissed Ronan sort of says something, though I think she's (hopefully) grown up a little since then. (Sorry, but I doubt the wisdom of crushing on arrogant, boorish, rebellious types, though to be fair that might be an overgeneralization.)

On the other hand, that's not the whole story. Nita and Kit have been through an awful lot before and since then--a lot nobody else would understand--and wouldn't find any kind of detachment easy. They work too closely and too well together not to have some degree of necessary and basic chemistry. Kit has been pretty much unfazed by things so far, but is starting to wake up a little, if we believe the skirt thought. Nita has noticed Kit before...and that's what led to the little bit of panic on the moon in HW...but it's way too early to tell how anything will turn out for her.

Ultimately, I'd say nothing is conclusive except for this: that we haven't seen the last of Nita's struggles over social acceptance and trying to fit in, that Kit is likely to ignore the whole popularity rat race and associate with people he wants to, and that they have a basic compatibility. They do love each other...not necessarily in the romantic sense most people would use the word (though what is there doesn't have to exclude that), but in the way that matters. Caring, deep understanding, healthy take and give, selflessness, and sacrifice. They complement each other. It's not perfect, but there's tremendous power there and it would be huge loss to the universe to lose it IM(not so humble)O.
                      I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

But remember that Nita once read in the manual that wizards that work together sometimes get farther apart. I don't remember what exactly it said, can I don't have my book with me, but it did mention that wizardly partners tend to develop different beliefs and such and slowly grow away from each other. When Nita mentioned it to Tom or Carl (forgot which), he said that Nita and Kit were close and didn't have to worry. Yet that was much earlier on in the series, and since then circumstances have changed... So by the next book, they may be having more and more problems getting along and end up not together. But it seemed like Neets and Kit had already sorted it out in book five after the time with Ronan and everything...

Though I don't really support this couple, it's very possible. I mean, no one understands or feels the way Nita and Kit do. None of the other characters have faced the Lone One that many times, or went on many of the Errantries that they did. So Nita and Kit are the only ones that really "understand" each other. Also, being in so many near-death experiences together would create a sort of "bond" between them. Knowing that working together as a team, they were able to evade death yet again...

Comment

I think it'd be great if Nita and Kit ended up together ... but I don't think it should happen until they're done with high school. They should see other people at their current ages. I'm making a huge generalization here, so correct me if I'm worng, but those of us don't read the YW books for fluffy romance, we read it for action, intrigue, friendship, and magic. A really serious romance plot might take away some of the quality of the adventure plots.
                          -----------------
                          I wrestled the angels for more than a name.
                          Loyal page to Squire Garth.
                          My fantasy RP

Comment

Fay, I definitely read YW books for adventure, but I think romance between Kit and Nita is natural, given what DD has written so far about their relationship. I don't want there to be romance just for the sake of romance, but for the sake of Nita and Kit. It just feels natural, if you know what I mean.

Like Kaiba said, having a near-death experience would make Nita and Kit a lot closer. That also happens in HP and the Sorceror's Stone.

Comment

Personally I think a relationship betweem Kit and Dairine would be interesting. It was hinted at--I think--in AWA (I need to re-read that)...
                              But of course, Kit/Nita is the predictable thing. But then I think it would be kind of sad, because in a lot of ways, I think that they, individually, would be changed...yeah, that's obvious...but I think that the roles they play in wizardry would become very different. Not meant to be taken the wrong way. I think they would react differently to the assignments they're given, or discover. And that might...in some ways, dilute the books. Wow, I win the award for making no sense...
                              I'm crying cuz things aren't how
                              they used to be
                              she said,
                              "The battle's almost won
                              and we're only several miles from the sun..."

Comment

Working...
                              X