No announcement yet.

Nita's Glasses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to only have to wear my glasses when I read some books, then it got to all books, then it got to all the time, but WH does answer it, in fact on page 309. I won't type it here bacause it gives away something they have to do in the book.

~Sam (Hifun55) and Dog~
    ~Sam (Hifun55)~
    Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
    HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
    My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

Oh... Thanks Sam. I think you solved a problem. Haha... Lucky you. You've read a Wizard's Holiday. I still need to find it at a book store.

-MaThFrEaK
      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Infrequently, people grow out of needing glasses. I wear glasses, and while my astigmatism is getting worse as I get older *makes denture-sucking noise again* my nearsightedness is actually improving. Something to do with losing elasticity in the muscles that focus your eyes, I think. One of the minor benefits of aging

"Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
        "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
        "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
        "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

Veyr, very minor...

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
          --Agent M
          Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

I have glasses but if it might help it none of the covers have Nita wearing glasses

[This message was edited by Avi on 29 November 2003 at 15:47.]
            Webmaster of Marauders Magic.com (Harry Potter site)
            Webmaster of Schoolz Out.com

Comment

I fear I will have poor eyesight for ever and ever. I wear contacts, but I envy those lucky people with normal eyes...

Wow. That other post I made in this topic is A YEAR OLD today. I'm surprised this topic lasted this long. Or does Lee only 'prune' in Chatter?

*Ella*

"'Do we start kicking now?'
              'No, Spongebob, that's a chorus line.'"
              -Spongebob Squarepants
              *Ella*
              "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
              There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
              And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
              What could mean more than this?"
              --Bright Eyes

Comment

*doesn't have Wizard's Holiday*

Uh, doesn't she only need them to read?

And another thing that I found strange about SYWTBAW... Nita takes aspirin with a coke? I know my mum goes postal if I take paracetamol (that's Tylenol to you USA *coughfreakscough* people) with coke. Is aspirin unaffected by caffeine?

Strange British gal,
                Little Owl xx

'Felis Catus is your taxonomic nomenclature. An endothermic qaudroped, carniverous by nature.'
                'Felis Catus is your taxonomic nomenclature. An endothermic qaudroped, carniverous by nature.'

Comment

that was kit

Comment

Er... I'm not sure exactly what your mother's upset about; I've taken acetaminophen with various soft drinks (with and without caffeine) before and never noticed any difference in efficacy. And there are OTC drugs that combine the two. On the other hand, I know some people associate anything caffeinated with a tendency to cause headaches, so....

Comment

Originally posted by Avi:
                      that was kit
                      Naaaaa, when Nita is beaten up and her dad gives her aspirin and a coke...

Mizzy xx

Comment

I think I remember something being mentioned in WH. Can't remember, though. And my friend has my book. page 309? I'll have to check it.

By the way, I'm new to these message boards, but I've been around this site for awhile. I just never knew this was here. O well. I'm here!
                        I am me and I am unique.
                        Gods all bless,
                        Rhia

Proud Tamora Pierce obsessee

Comment

In A Wizard Abroad it says "There were spells that would augment a wizard's vision." -Page 92

Comment

Uhm, I really, really don't think that this is a spiler worthy of actual spoiler notice: it has nothing to do with the plot. But... I guess some people will find fault with everything. Kidding. But in the interests of world peace, and because I know it'd be bugging me if I didn't have the book, I'll rot13 it:
                            In Wizard's Holiday, Qnvevar zragvbaf gung Avgn hfrq gb unir na nfgvtzngvfz sbe juvpu fur jber tynffrf. Ubjrire, gur nfgvtzngvfz unf (nf nccneragyl fbzr nfgvtzngvfzf qb) pyrnerq hc fvapr.

OK? Sprted. (Note: this is REALLY NOT a plot spoiler.)

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
                            --Agent M
                            Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
                            Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Working...
                            X