Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Might Be Obsessed with the YW Series, If...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

116. You've started worrying about the release date for the book after A Wizard of Mars. "Panic now! Avoid the spring rush!"
    "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

117. You laugh and smile at various things, including quotes from the books, or slightly altered quotes from the books (thanks Garrett! that was really funny to me)
      118. When you find the release date for A Wizard of Mars (it has a release date! finally, there is news, I don't even care until the next day that April is very far away) that you jump up and down, and run downstairs to tell your family, and jump and jump (until you jump into something that went right below your ankle, messing your foot up for a few days)
      119. When you see a dolphin, you think of Hotshot, and wonder if thie dolphin you see is similar. (in personality)
      120. You Love the Long Island Sound
      "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

Haha, I am officially addicted.

I get more attached to live creatures though, than inanimate objects. I usually don't say "Sorry" when I run into a chair, but I do say "Excuse me" when pushing past a bush. (I think it's mostly reflexive, but who knows? )

Here are some more:

121: When you're scared of something (e.g. going into the dark,) you say "Fairest and fallen, greeting and defiance" just in case.

122: You recite the Song of the Twelve to whoever will listen. (I plague my friends with this!!)

123: You talk to your computer.

124: You name your computer.

125: You politely ask a rowan tree for a small branch; *if* that doesn't work you take a fallen branch, peel the bark and leave it in the light of the moon. You then carry it around with you for defense.

Comment

Originally posted by LifeSong View Post
          124: You name your computer.
          That's quite normal; nothing obsessive about it. All my computers have names, because it goes with having a network. The main router's called mlango, the little box under the stairs is called paka, the two severs are called chui and duma, my iMac is called simba, my mobile phone's called kimburu, the wireless router's called nyati, the other wireless router, that just provides a connection to my HiFi for playing music, is called kaleli, and I think the printer breaks the mould by being called printer. Now, if you name all your computers after YW characters, and your laptop's called "Spot", on the other hand...
          -- Rick.

Comment

@Lazy leopard: Cool names, what do they mean?

126: You say Dai Stiho to your pets before you leave for school/work and after you come back. (I do this.) (Was this already said?)

127: You write random curly symbols in the hope that you might stumble across a word in the Speech.

Comment

Originally posted by LifeSong View Post
              @Lazy leopard: Cool names, what do they mean?
              A swahili-english dictionary will help here. Simba I'm sure you can guess. Chui and duma are Africa's other two big cats. Kimburu and paka are smaller cats (wild and domestic), and nyati is buffalo.
              -- Rick.

Comment

Lazy Leopard:

My dad knows some swahili! I know, simba, and duma is...cheetah? When we were on our way back to the 'States from South Africa, I picked up a Swahili phrasebook...it's interesting

128. the background for your mp3 player is Dairine's wallpaper
                129. You think of Carmela whenever you watch anime

i can't think of any others right now.....
                All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they really happened. And after you are finished reading one you feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse, and the sorrow, the people and the places, and how the weather was.

Comment

Originally posted by kk View Post
                  (A list like this doesn't count as fiction, right? I sure hope not...)

So, you might be obsessed with Young Wizards, if...
                  1. You greet everyone (and everything) with a "Dai Stiho."
                  2. You talk unashamedly with your inanimate objects.
                  3. You have several recipes for blue food; the blue pasta is your favorite.
                  4. You get into arguments with yourself about the characters.

Feel free to add on! The more on the list, the better!
                  How 'bout if you keep trying to refer them?
                  & Can talk bout endlessly that you make my friends go crazy...
                  A spell always works. -So You Want To Be A Wizard I wonder would it work on my sisters... hmm...

Comment

130.) You order some YW books online, and when their UPS status is, "In Transit", you get way too excited..
                    ^(^.^)^

Comment

Working...
                    X