Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Might Be Obsessed with the YW Series, If...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

52. You feel a touch of irritation when you hear the word "Witch, or Warlock" because they all are Wizards.
    53. You look at a big task that needs to be done and wish for a manual because it would be so much easier
    54. You think about how much easier it would be to travel if you could just use the "beam me up" spell
    55. You read this list off to someone and are miffed when they don't get it
    56. You wonder what dogs are really saying when they bark or give you one of those "looks"
    "Doctors help you to live, the Arts give you a reason to live."

Comment

57. You cannot get to sleep at night without reading something first.
      2 Saxy 4 u 2 Handel...

Comment

you name pets after the ones in the books or call other pets by names in the books

you get an old car antena or stick and carry it around and draw circles in the dirt with it or a stick

you give YW character names as nicknames to your friends

Your fanfiction account favs or stories are filled with YW submissions

you use the apple background from the YW site for your wallpaper on pc or mp3 and pretend it is your manual

you make fan t shirts and people ask about them

you quotes page is filled with quotes from the YW series and your contently being asked what they mean and you say "REad the young wizards series"

You make a what young wizard character are you quiz

you draw YW fan art

for a b day or christmas gift you ask for a wizpod or other item

you go to a museum and are sad that they don't have the sword and things from the books

You make up your own language for the speech

Comment

You go all the way to Ireland just so you can hunt down Ronan (I would do this if I could)
          If you see a hispanic guy walking down the street, you run up to him and scream KIT!!!!!
          You compare your friends to YW characters
          You call your computer Spot

I actually made a YW quiz, it's on Quizilla.
          -Dreams are nice, but sometimes you have to live in reality. -Perhaps, but dreams are MY reality.
          -It's only impossibe if you believe it is.
          -Existence is belief. I believe in magic, so it's real to me.

Comment

yep i think thats the one i took i got Nita but i think im a bit like Dairine too but im like a few charecters mixed together like avalon web of magic im a little like all 3 of the girls

If you own all the books and have read them more then twice

If the most random things reminds you of the books (songs, objects, ect)

if you know your fav quotes word for word

by the way i have done none of these i just come up with them

Comment

77 (I think). You scowl at the American Girl Doll named 'Kit,' because you know that Kit is a boy's name.

78. Your parents are getting concerned about your mental condition, because of how much you talk about/obsess over the books.

79. You have a playlist on iTunes of all of the songs that remind you of YW

80. You're going to beg your local Borders or Barnes & Nobles owner to let you have a release party for AWoM, even though you might be the only one there.

(Silverclaw: Yep, I saw your quiz! I took it too: I got Nita, I think
              Wizardprincess: Haha, if you haven't done some of these things on the list, you need to! I've read the series at least thirteen or fourteen times over. It's a lot of fun to reread them!)
              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

@kk: yeah but i don't have them i had book one but i lent it to someone and never got it back i have books 2,3,4,5 i started reading high wizardry (my 2nd time) but then went to bookmans and now im reading daughters of the moon series. i think oh i did have wallpaper on my compter and mp3 but i change it every week or so but yeah their fun i got the others from the libary but im going to buy a wizard of mars when it comes out most of the series that im reading the books don't come out till next year

IF you name you character on a forum or video games after names in the books or something else having to do with YW

if you dress up as one of the characters for Halloween (i think i might dress up as nita all i need is so you want to be a wizard or make a cover for a book)

if your contently talking about it with your friends or others trying to get them to read it (i told my friends about the series but my one friends doesn't like to read )
                Last edited by Wizardprincess; August 6, 2009, 10:31:53 PM.

Comment

Really? Did you like it? Could you guess which character the answers were for?
                  You make wands.
                  You draw YW fanart.
                  Like, constantly.
                  You write YW fanfiction.
                  A lot of it.
                  So much that it's scary.
                  -Dreams are nice, but sometimes you have to live in reality. -Perhaps, but dreams are MY reality.
                  -It's only impossibe if you believe it is.
                  -Existence is belief. I believe in magic, so it's real to me.

Comment

88. You constantly check bookstores and websites for news of AWoM.

89. You make sure you are reading a YW book on the first day of school, so you can recommend it to all those people trying to start conversations by asking "What book is that?"

90. You ask your sister if you can check the forums on her cell phone's internet, because the computer has broken and you can't live a day without some contact to other YW lovers.

91. You plan to go to New York some day and travel to all the YW locations.

92. You join countless forums merely to teach them of YW and steal the members away to this forum.

93. Your friends have stopped bothering to ask what "temporospatial" means, and simply given up trying to understand you.
                    "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

94. Your ebook reader? It's your manual. And you've put so many useful ebooks on it, it almost is the manual.

95. When you're in New York, you ask the people at the Metlife building (formerly Pan Am), if you can go on the heliport

(Zirsta: Haha, about #91: Did that, and loved it! Pictures here)
                      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

@ silver claw yep i liked an yep i could figure out the characters star wars movies Dairine but what is with the peanut question is that in the books or just something random?

If you put YW sayings on your backpack or something else

if for every independent drawing in Art you draw something that no one is sure what it looks like ex. the other powers in human form ect.. or just draw that kind of fan art

if you try to figure out what the charecters bedrooms look like so that you can re do yours like them

if you try to find the things in the princes bedroom!

Comment

100. (! Yay!) If you pat trees whenever you walk past one.

101. If you talk to your computer.

102. If you are suspicious that your friends may actually be in the service of the One without telling you.

103. If you try holding conversations with whatever cat you come across.

Comment

104. You have every one of the songs mentioned in the songs that make you think of the YW book thread.

105. You looked around to see if there ever was such a thing as a Star Wars bedspread.

106. You know who Janey Mack is.

107. You have a fascination with Celtic knot work, and often wonder if one of the designs means something in the Speech.

108. You can't eat a lollipop without thinking of Dairine and the Prince Unlikely.

109. Whenever new technology being developed catches your attention, you wonder how long it will be before you could make your own version of Gigo.

110. You wonder if your shopaholic sister is Carmela in disguise, then pray she isn't.
                            "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

110 If you say the wizards greeting in every day life

112 you see a parrot and think of peach (actually happened saw a parrot at la posta not sure how you spell it ( a restraint in new Mexico that has birds as pets in the middle for people to look at) and thought of peach!

Comment

113.you basically own the library copies of the books (that's me!Most likely, all the check-out stamps for the last year are to me!!!)

114.Your parental unit asks why you keep reading the same books over and over (and over, and over, and over...) instead of something new

115.You started jumping around when you found out about the next book
                                All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they really happened. And after you are finished reading one you feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse, and the sorrow, the people and the places, and how the weather was.

Comment

Working...
                                X