Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Might Be Obsessed with the YW Series, If...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Might Be Obsessed with the YW Series, If...

(A list like this doesn't count as fiction, right? I sure hope not...)

So, you might be obsessed with Young Wizards, if...
    1. You greet everyone (and everything) with a "Dai Stiho."
    2. You talk unashamedly with your inanimate objects.
    3. You have several recipes for blue food; the blue pasta is your favorite.
    4. You get into arguments with yourself about the characters.

Feel free to add on! The more on the list, the better!
    Dif-tor heh smusma.

5. If you think of the books, or something in them, you... react to it. If it's funny, you laugh (in the middle of nowhere, making your mom look at you funny, even though she should be used to this)
    6. You family wants to know why you care so well for your inaminate objects.

I have more, but I'm not sure what (exactly) at the moment.

: )
    "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

7. You wonder what your yard thinks when you go to mow the lawn and trim the hedges.

8. You look up in to the sky with a better-than-others idea of what aliens are like.
      "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

9. If you run into a chair, you say "Excuse me," and/or apologize.
        10. You've gone to New York City, and tried finding the Kernel
        Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

11. If you mutter incomprehensibly at your tools, encouraging them to work right, and you are pleasantly surprised when they do.
          12. If you wonder whether the cats next door are secretly your local gate team of wizards. This would explain a lot of strange things...
          13. You reminisce about the One's jokes. And puns. (Don't get It started on the puns.)
          14. Your dreams take on a certain lucid quality...

Comment

15. You suspect wizardry in your neighborhood because your neighbors have had tools missing and ending up in the middle of the road (yes, this actually happened to them).
            "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

16. You saw a space pen in the store yesterday... you know it probably won't be as good as Nita's, but have to buy it anyway.

17. You now try to talk to your plants, like Nita's dad... but not just for the sound waves that scientists think help them
              "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

18. You have a poster of the moon on your wall, with pins stuck in the craters you want to visit

19. You carry around your copy of SYWTBAW, opening it every few minutes in hopes that it turned into a manual

20. You think that the supposedly haunted house in your neighborhood is where Tom and Carl live; or at least some other wizards.
                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

21. You quote the series constantly and no one gets it.
                  22. You connect the series to your life and start laughing at a really serious moment.
                  23. You get mad when inanimate objects don't answer back.
                  24. You read the Oath out loud with your best friend and you wait for your Ordeal and it never happens.
                  25. You write the Crossroads as your favorite place on the Language Arts personality quiz.
                  26. You ask a flower's permission before picking it to give it to your mom for mother's day.
                  27. You see the face of cars, rocks, trees, and other things that you know nobody else sees the face of.
                  Last edited by Gwendi; July 25, 2009, 07:54:39 PM.

Comment

28. You look at all objects and wonder how they can be used in wizardry.
                    29. You expect to see the Transcendent Pig when you walk into a room that reminds you of the playroom.
                    30.You keep expecting the Lone One to offer you your hearts desire to just not show up for that math test (or whatever event) you've been dreading.
                    31. You expect the trees to complain every fall when you rake the leaves up from under them.
                    32. You actually expect to hear your car talk back to you.
                    33. You start being very careful how you use words or when you make promises, as you are afraid you'll fail and the world will fall apart because of it (I think this already, but I'm a perfectionist.)
                    There is Always DEEP Shadow where there is MUCH Light!
                    "I will meet the terminally clueless today...idiots and those with hairballs for brains.... I do not have to be like them, even though I would dearly love to hit them hard enough to make the empty places between their ears echo..." Rhiow - TVTQ

Comment

34. You can't remember how to spell Transcendent but want to refer to the Transcendent Pig for a private joke with your friend on AIM and look up "pig" on the YW main website to try to find it.

35. You ask random people if they're the Transcendent Pig and on the off chance that they say yes, you ask them "What is the meaning of life?"

(Yes I do have an obsession with the Transcendent Pig)

36. You look around frantically in a bookstore when you hear someone say "DD" in the hopes that you will finally meet her.

37. You recommend the series to everyone you can, and force any friends that have read it to join the forums.

Comment

38. You tell everyone that "Linear time is just a lifestyle choice," and then they look at you weird.

39. You want a WizPod, and have considered emailing Apple to see if they do custom-built stuff, so you can have one.

40. In conversations, you refer to The Powers That Be a lot, and people wonder who you're talking about

41. In 2007, the year of the pig, you celebrated by quoting the Transcendent Pig at every possible moment, and thinking about the meaning of life. ("I'll tell you the meaning of my life, if you tell me the meaning of yours...")

42. You have called someone a "simian-descended, equivocating, pronoun-starved little mortal twerp."

(Gwendi: I love the Transcendent Pig too! <3)
                        Last edited by kk; August 6, 2009, 08:52:07 PM.
                        Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

43. When the neighbor cat looks at you, you suddenly start thinking of yourself as an ehif and start wondering whether or not you have unwittingly become a factor in "the game".

44. You nonchalantly run your finger along the tops of books on the shelves of your local library's children's section, just in case...

45. You wonder what the stoplights are saying, in memory of Fred.

46. The definition of grenfelzing and emfozzing are two of the great unanswered questions in your life.

47. Any passing reference to a UFO, crop circle or extraterrestrial sighting makes you hungry for chocolate.

Comment

You think the two guys in next door are seniors, and frequently ask them for wizarding advice.
                            -Dreams are nice, but sometimes you have to live in reality. -Perhaps, but dreams are MY reality.
                            -It's only impossibe if you believe it is.
                            -Existence is belief. I believe in magic, so it's real to me.

Comment

49. You laugh when you find a dog named Tinkerbell

50. You are mad at your librarian when your local library gets rid of some of the books, just because "They aren't in print anywhere near us."

51. You actually found your copy of the first book by running your fingers over the shelves in the children's section of the library, and are sad that it wasn't the manual. (Yes, this happened to me. I own the book that specific copy of the book, too, because the librarian let me buy it.)

52. The word "Wizard" has nothing to do with Harry Potter books
                              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Working...
                              X