Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I find a book on how to be a wizard?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like Immajer and Zee said, I would just agree -live the Oath.
    I really really like what Zee wrote about it - we take a responsibility for all life and for the world - and while we don't have world-gating, things happen. Sorry, Zee, I hope you don't mind that I rephrased your post yet again. But I just wanted to say it too and you have said it excellently!

Comment

I belive in living the Oath, too. However, that didn't stop me from going to a second hand bookstore with my friend and serching for magic books. I found this big book with a guilded cover and I was so sure that I'd found something; however, it turned out to mearly be a book of Longfellow poetry from 1881. Not quite as good as wizardry, but still very interesting...

Hillary Wan Kenobi
      The first-ever Jedi Ewok

Loyal reader of Harry Potter and Young Wizards books
      A physics geek
      And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

"living the Oath..." what a phrase. it's so... cultist, it's so... obsessed, it's so... freaky.
        Describes me perfectly, in other words....
        :P

Joking aside, I feel that it's a nice idea. But HARD. Try it. Currently I'm wasting energy by procrastinating over an essay. No, that's REAL hard not to do...
        T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
        Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
        Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
        Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
        My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
        Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Yep, Birdhead, I agree - living the Oath is hard!
          But that's the only thing that makes our lives worth living...
          And us, in the reality world, have it harder than Kit and Nita and the rest of wizards in the books - too often it's much less clear what we should do without the Manual and the Seniors to advise us. Which is why I think/I belive that we all need to have a mentor, like a Senior with whom we can check on the Life's rules.
          And by the way - nice to meat another freak like me!

Comment

Umm..considering the few mistakes I made in spelling that I now see have *interesting* connotations...
            The basic spelling one is that it' "we, in th reality world."
            The more...umm..whatever ops: is:"nice to meat another freak like me!" I really meant 'meet'! Honestly. It's not a Freudian slip, seriously!

Comment

Well, so long as it's not Freudian...
              T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
              Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
              Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
              Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
              My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Greetings to all and acceptance,

This same topic has come up in our family discussions about various wonderful books, so I want to say something.... Without being offensive to anyone.... Even if they deserve it....

It is said that a word to the wise is usually unnecessary, but for all the rest of us.... I've found in my experience in errantry that just as there are powers for good, there are also powers for evil, and The Loan Power is still in business as are all those who walk in the light. Follow the Light, shun the Dark and remember it can be hard because the dark trys to pass itself off as the other.

Dai

I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy.

Comment

oops, I mean "The Lone Power". I got a call from a credit card company in the middle of my post. :-)

I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy.

Comment

Comment

By the way I was princess_nita0. My email address got disconnected.`

Nightowl, up all night

Comment

Melchior: credit company: *snickers* (Welcome, BTW...)
                          T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                          Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!

Comment

wow quite a debate has been going on here! i'm glad DD got in b4 everyone bit each others heads off (ouch!). as for the wizard books...no idea. i guess anythings possible, and i really wish that wizardry were real, but i find it a trial to believe it. it would be awesome though....::walks off daydreaming::

"It was my turn to save you, that's all. Now I want a few weeks off..."

it's not dying for a friend that's hard...no, what's hard is finding a friend worth dying for.
                            Call me Q :-)

you never know who your real friends are until the hard times come. When it isn't all happy laughs and fun. sometimes your old friends will rough it & stay. but usuall they tend to fade away. If they fade, do not fear, bcuz better fr

Comment

hmmm, i tried reading the oath from sywtbaw, but it did not work maybe b/c it's nita's not mine?? I must keep looking

i'm the queen of insanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X