Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I find a book on how to be a wizard?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find a book on how to be a wizard?

I f anyone knows where I can go (preferably in the library)to find a book on hoow to become a wizard, please e-mail me at Spoiledangel1159@aol.com. Thank you very much
    -Em

Unfortunately, you can't find a book on how to be a wizard. It has to find you. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

My advice: Visit the library often and wander down lots of ailes, read lots of different books, and hope that it reaches out and snags you someday!

Worlebird
    ------------------------------------
    !/bin/perl -sp0777i<X+d*lMLa^*lN%0]dsXx++lMlN/dsM0<j]dsj
    $/=unpack('H*',$_);$_=`echo 16dio\U$k"SK$/SM$n\EsN0p[lN*1
    lK[d2%Sa2/d0$^Ixp"|dc`;s/\W//g;$_=pack('H*',/((..)*)$/)
    Worlebird
    "We were once so close to heaven, Peter came out and gave us medals declaring us the nicest of the damned." - They Might be Giants

Comment

yes indeed, unfortunately, it must find YOU. but one must understand that believing in magic is just as important as doing magic, and though magic may not select you, it needs you to still believe. silently KNOW, and it may come to you. otherwise, give the universe all your support, as entropy is a very real thing... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

You can't find a book that will tell you how to be a wizard. There aren't any.

The alternate view (which is equivalent in every way to the first) is that they all will.

Logic is a poor servant, but an excellent master.
        -- The Book of Forgotten Things
        Forget science fiction: other people are the ultimate aliens.
        -- The Vorlon Ambassador's Aide
        Logic is a poor servant, but an excellent master.
        Forget science fiction: other people are the ultimate aliens.

Comment

Reality is very rarely as much fun as fantasy.

Worlebird
          !/bin/perl -sp0777i<X+d*lMLa^*lN%0]dsXx++lMlN/dsM0<j]dsj
          $/=unpack('H*',$_);$_=`echo 16dio\U$k"SK$/SM$n\EsN0p[lN*1
          lK[d2%Sa2/d0$^Ixp"|dc`;s/\W//g;$_=pack('H*',/((..)*)$/)
          Worlebird
          "We were once so close to heaven, Peter came out and gave us medals declaring us the nicest of the damned." - They Might be Giants

Comment

I agree.

*Ella*
            "' Don't be afraid of death, Winnie. Rather, be afraid of the unlived life.'"
            -Tuck Everlasting
            *Ella*
            "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
            There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
            And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
            What could mean more than this?"
            --Bright Eyes

Comment

Originally posted by worlebird:
              Reality is very rarely as much fun as fantasy.
              What makes fantasy fantasy, and not reality? Simply that no one besides the author has documented the experience? Going by that, who's to say that the various religious core texts aren't fantasies?

Grr. Arrgh.
              --
              Grr. Argh.

Comment

Whoa! Let's not talk about that, please, at the risk of offending someone. (Cough cough).

Sorry, that sounds a little mean, but, well...

*Ella*
                -Tuck Everlasting
                *Ella*
                --Bright Eyes

Comment

I know, and I understand. I realized that it very well could offend someone, but I also felt that it should be said. If I did offend anyone, I'd like to apologize to them, and make clear that no insult or defamation was intended.

Grr. Arrgh.
                  --
                  Grr. Argh.

Comment

I see, and I'm sorry for being a little defensive there. Sometimes I find that things need to be said too. Let's not dwell on it then, okay? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

*Ella*
                    -Tuck Everlasting
                    *Ella*
                    --Bright Eyes

Comment

'K. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Grr. Arrgh.
                      --
                      Grr. Argh.

Comment

Ok you are looking to find a book on how to become a wizard can you settle for being a Wicca?? Because I know of a couple store's who sell books on how to become a Wicca 1 place is Mystic Worder's a shop devoted to things out of the ordinary the cute guy that works at the counter actually went to Egypt to see how out of the ordinary things are there. And the other place that sells books on how to become a Wicca is a chain of stores at the mall called Wizards Of our Coast(Not to be confused with Wizards Of The Coast the card shop)They actually have some pretty cool stuff there, but I would always choose Mystic wonder's over them they just have better quality stuff.

*Nita*

Not old enough to love as yet-but old enough to die indeed.
                        --DD Deep Wizardry

Comment

http://www.geocities.com/booknightmoon

Comment

Live your life as if the fate of the universe depended on your actions, for better or ill.

In other words, follow the Oath.

The rest will come by itself. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Immajer has the right idea - Living the Oath. Ok, so you can rephrase that as "take responsibility for all of life and the world." Sounds dry, doesn't it? But it isn't, really!

See, with the resonsibility, comes knowledge and control. I've tested this out, myself, and it works in all sorts of weird ways. It isn't just saying "I'm resonsible," but by being willing to be at cause over it. Sometimes means leaving the thing or person alone to make their own mistakes. But I've found that when I realize I'm in charge of something, and decide, well OK, then how do I handle the h--- out of it, then the HOW to do it comes to me, and then I can do it. It's not mystical, it's just life. (I've done it with filling out tax forms, among other things. Not mystical at all.)

Of course, you may not be able to go through the Grand Central worldgates based on this. But you do find that other things happen, and the life game becomes much more a GAME than it was.

It's only boring this way if you want it to be...

Comment

Working...
                              X