Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I find a book on how to be a wizard?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed Zee. Many people wish to be part of the stories they read. Don't worry about it I do too. But don't go off trying live your life around something that doesn't exist. The Wicca Religion is a cult don't stray down the ways of evil. But seek the truth. Many authors write their stories as a reflection of their belief. Read The Chronicals of Narnia by C.S.Lewis or The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R.Tolkien for such examples. The stories seem parralel to Bible stories at points. This has influenced many different things. What I'm trying to say is Don't settle for a copy, pick up the origanal. The Bible. Hope everyone understands my point.

-IV-
    -IV-
    Ipha
    Dai Stihò

Comment

Comment

Civi:

I understand that you may feel strongly about the matters you're discussing. However, this being my forum, I get to make the rules to some extent. One of them is this:
        [*]I will not tolerate the condemnation of other religions and belief systems besides mainstream Christianity as "evil". There's too much of that going on at the moment, in my opinion, to no good effect whatsoever.

So I don't care to hear further statements of this kind:

The Wicca Religion is a cult don't stray down the ways of evil.
        Many others do not share your belief in this regard, no matter how wholeheartedly you may hold it. If you insist on believing this, do...but I don't expect to hear anything further about it here.

Additionally:

What I'm trying to say is Don't settle for a copy, pick up the origanal. _The Bible_. Hope everyone understands my point.
        Some here will understand it all too well.

You need to get to grips with the idea that for some of the Forum membership, the Book to which you refer is one that has some good advice but is not to be otherwise taken too seriously. To others it is a nice "first effort" but completely misses important points which came along some centuries later. To still others it's a text sourced in far more ancient ones which have been rewritten, and then the revision badly twisted out of context by newcomers who don't understand the original intent. To others yet it's hardly relevant at all, their religions being some thousands of years older, and (by the tenets of those religions) all human beings already being thoroughly redeemed and in no need of further assistance.

If we start getting into wrangles about who's right and wrong in this regard, this whole thing is going to turn into a big waste of everybody's time.

Please take note. This forum is syncretic, and multidenominational in the widest possible sense of the word. You are welcome here insofar as you allow your fellow Forum members to hold their own spiritual beliefs without wasting your time trying to induce them to believe that you've got the Word and they don't.

Thanks.

-- DD
        -- DD

Comment

Go Diane! Tolerant is the way to be.

Yours till the bed spreads,
          Rowen Avalon
          mysites/ravensiggys/constitutionality
          Rowen Avalon

"I told you she was going to turn you into a soggy beermat. No one ever listens to me." - Jonny, AWAb (My fav moment!)
          "IB helps you with stress management. It throws all this stress at you and says, 'Manage it!' Then you have your b

Comment

I am very sorry if I offended anyone. It was not my inntention. I do trust in the Bible and was only expressing my opinian. But I understand your point, this is not the place to discuss it. I will not make the mistake again. I really have enjoyed your books. Thank you for your time. Again I apologize.

Yours Truly,
            Civi

-IV-
            -IV-
            Ipha
            Dai Stihò

Comment

Originally posted by Civi:
              I do trust in the Bible and was only expressing my opinian. But I understand your point, this is not the place to discuss it. I will not make the mistake again.
              Thanks for your understanding, Civi...much appreciated.

-- DD
              -- DD

Comment

Okay there are books about wizards like one that is called THE WORLD OF WIZARDS and it has a whole bunch of history and a few spells it's a geart start in the diretion you want to go but in the whole book it gives you very big warnings. and diane if you go to this site any time soon could you email me I am doing a project on you and there seems not to be enough info kinda strange to me since you got all of the awards they should have A WHOLE BOOK ON YOU AND YOUR LIFE AND BOOKS AND CHILDHOOD.

chase604@hotmail.com

Comment

in your heart!

Comment

To Emily, or whoever started up this topic:
                    looks like you roused up a ver y contriversal (cant spell that!) topic. But a lot of people made important points, such as Diane Duane!! your my mentor!!!

Comment

One of the reasons i luv these books so much is that u can read and relate to them without being offened on the basis of religion!

Comment

yeah, I guess that is true. lol

-IV-
                        -IV-
                        Ipha
                        Dai Stihò

Comment

I wish the book really existed........
                          ::GASP::Maybe it does!!!!!!It DID seem VERY real!!!!!!!!IF it does, I hope I find it...plzplzplzplzplz!!!!!!!!!!

..............Lizzya

Comment

I tried saying Dai' Stiho to my dog once.....it looked at me weird and went away........strange

..............Lizzya

Comment

Have you tried it on your Fridge or Car?

-IV-
                              Ipha
                              -IV-
                              Ipha
                              Dai Stihò

Comment

whatever i just have to ask if youve ever done something and get a feeling that if you could you would do that for the rest of your life. thats how i feel when i read these books and any others about magic its something that me and my siblings have and unfortuneltly the closest we have gotton to it is wicca. i dont no if anyone else feels that way but i would like to say that in regard to these type of books and the ancient myths; whoever came up with them has either one heck of an imagination or else it is real and it is based off something that really happened because you cant prove its nonficiton but nor can you prove that its ficiton. and that also aplys to the bible.

You're only young once but you can stay immature indefintly.

My givin name (from friends) is Psychotic Susan Hardhead. Psycho Susie for short

Comment

Working...
                                X