No announcement yet.

Wizard characters "paper dolls"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To post in the other dolls topic, you have to have your images on a website like photobucket. However, to put them into this topic's gallery, they only have to be saved on your own computer.

If they're from your stories, not the YW books, the other topic is probably the appropriate one - include their URL (web address) by clicking on the second to last icon in the Reply window.

If they're from the YW books, you add pictures to the gallery by clicking on the picture-and-plus icon next to the first row of pictures, then you name the picture, add a caption (if you want) and find the picture on your own computer.

*phew*

Now, can I possibly find a dollmaker that makes Rirhaiti, so that I can do a picture of Sker'ret?
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Wow, I really HAVE missed a lot in my absence... O.o....

...just in case anyone's interested, there's another portrait maker at http://illustmaker.abi-station.com/index_en.shtml (except this one only does head shots...) that may be intriguing to try...

Comment

Hm. This is only letting me "quick reply". Well, anyhow, I've had a go at Roshaun.

Am I obsessed? Um, probably...

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

Originally posted by semiramis:
          ...just in case anyone's interested, there's another portrait maker at http://illustmaker.abi-station.com/index_en.shtml (except this one only does head shots...) that may be intriguing to try...
          Ooh, this is fun too .
          ... tries making a normal-type human character who discovers she can use magic... despite not being a DD character. Decides result doesn't look bad... decides better not put result on this site .

Comment

This is my entry in this new online collaborative YW fan... oh. Fanfic? Oops.

Well, I couldn't think how to approach a next scene, and made this picture to inspire me while I was thinking.

Edit: This refers to the picture of Carina Keeler, of course. A minor point, which I forgot to mention before.

Comment

Well, this seems like a place where ppl would post alot. I have gone thorugh in order and tried to save every place here. I have about 3 or 4 more then I have completed my job...
              ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
              **Neets**
              CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

Hmm, the Candybar doll site that DD originally posted the link to now has a basic body with a slightly darker skin tone. However, the faces and left arms I looked at have the same skin tone as before, making for rather odd combinations . Presumably they're gradually adding to it.

Still no male doll bodies yet, but they do say they'll be added later.

Comment

A while ago, I said how to save the dolls if you were using Windows. Leah had the same problem yesterday, but since she's using OS X on a Macintosh, the answer was different. So, I thought I should add an explanation for people using Macs (yay! like me!).

** First, I used Cmd-Ctrl-Shift-4 to copy from the screen, but that didn't work for Leah. If it works for you, skip to the next ** paragraph. The alternative version:

Go to the Finder instead, and open the applications folder, then Utilities. Then double-click Grab. That should give you a new icon in the Dock (scissors superimposed on a piece of paper).

Then bring the window with the doll to the front again, and click on the scissor icon. Go to the Capture menu and pick Selection, and it'll tell you to choose the bit of screen to grab. You select the area (be as close as possible to the bit you actually want) and you get a window with the doll in it.

Now, File > Save As will let you save what you copied as a .tiff file.

** If you used the screengrab keys, you now have the image on the "clipboard", and need to paste it into a new file in Photoshop or another graphic/paint program. Save the result as a .jpg or .gif. That's it.

You can also paste the "clipboard" image into an Appleworks paint document, and then use the Format > Document... menu item to trim it down to the size you want. (This is a pain to do.)

I think you need to change that to .jpg or .gif or something, but perhaps .tiff works.

Photoshop or Graphic Converter will convert the format easily, but you can use AppleWorks if you don't mind annoying messages.

Start up Appleworks, and do File > Open, then change the document type in the dialog box to Painting, and the file format to TIFF, and you pick the file you saved from Grab.

Then File > Save As, and pick JPEG [QT] as the format to save. It'll give you a silly message, but use a filename ending with .tiff anyway. Now, find that file in the Finder, and change it to end in .jpg. When it asks if you really want to do that, say use .jpg.

And now, you should finally have a file that you can upload to the photo album page! (It might be safest to Save As a different file name, so you've still got the original copy.)

Comment

I made Biddy and put her up, but how do I make her show up big? This isn't working. . .argh!! You can see her but she's really little. Help!

Oh okay, I think I've got it. I'll try it with Carmela and see if it works.

It worked! Now if it'll let me delete Biddy and put up a new one. . .

Comment

I gave up on finding an alien doll maker site (Ok, so I wasn't exactly looking for one very hard). I just drew Sker'ret in Freehand on my old Mac, since I thought he ought to be included here.

Is that cheating? Should he go in the muahaha fanart page instead, as a link to my webspace?

Comment

And nobody's complained in the past two weeks , so here are two more drawn ones.

They're based on the descriptions of the mobiles, or Dairine's "children", in High Wizardry. There may be more to come.

[Added 5th Nov]: We were talking about graphic tablets in chat, and I was trying to think of someone else to draw, and picked Fred. I think he came out Ok. And he wasn't drawn with a graphics tablet (my eMac doesn't have one yet).

Comment

I haven't added to this in ages.
                          Zgirl told me there was a candybar dollmaker at dollpalace.com which included the boy dolls, so I tried that, and made dolls of Kit and Shaun O'Driscoll (without the moustache, which doesn't seem to be an option; maybe he shaved it) in that one.

I used the same one as before to make Roshaun (dressed as closely as I could get him to the way he arrived on Earth), though.

Update
                          Used the http://www.thedollpalace.com/ site to make the Lone Power and Michael, and the original (well, original English) one to make the One, as I couldn't see how to remove the body in the other one.

I tried to use the edit icon to fix the pictures so they don't have that blue line down the side but got the error You cannot change this post because you are not its author - I suppose that's because DD's the author of the gallery.

Comment

And now the window showing each doll one at a time blames them all on DD, whoever originally posted them .

And ... for some reason, I can't get to this third page of comments from the second page, it takes me back to the gallery page. However, if I click on the 3 in the first page of comments, it does get me here.

Comment

Ack! PM drew me! Oh well. I don't look TOO bad.

I'm going to try this, although the idea of 'paper dolls' doesn't exactly make me over-enthusiastic.

*wanders off to make somebody*

Comment

I redid the Tom and Carl I did before, using the Doll Palace doll maker instead (same one as for the Kit, Shaun/Johnny, the Lone Power and Michael), which has more options for male figures than the original one DD posted.

Comment

Working...
                                X