No announcement yet.

Wizard characters "paper dolls"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um....... PM? I'm kinda slow so could you tell me how to do that like step by step?
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Comment

Anyway, I tried doing Mr and Mrs Rodriguez too, but I still get an error saying I can't add to the album (permissions not set):
      *chuckle* Well, they aren't too bad... actually, Mrs. Rodriguez has my hair... mine is a tad curlier and is auburn. I wish they had the one in a redder color.

I LOVE DOLLS... well, the computer ones anyhow. I have about 125 in my paint program now. I had to quit making them cause they were addicting... and I was changing colors on their outfits with my paint program... making them 'better'.
      -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
      The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
      I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

Originally posted by Agent M:
        Um....... PM? I'm kinda slow so could you tell me how to do that like step by step?
        Er... You're using a PC, if I remember correctly. Ok, when you've got the doll the way you want it... nah, start with the basic one and make sure this works, first.

1) Hold down the Alt key and then press the PrintScreen key, or PrntScrn or whatever it says on the key above the Insert key.
        This copies the whole of that window, or should do.

2) Start a graphics program, Photoshop or Paint or something.

3) Choose Paste from the Edit menu, and you should have the whole of the browser window pasted into your graphics program. (Just as a picture - it doesn't work.) If that didn't happen, you have a problem and I don't know how to do this .

4) Now you can erase all the bits you don't want, the whole of the page apart from the doll. You should also be able to trim the picture down to just the doll, but that depends on the program you're using.

And I forgot the most important member of the Rodriguez family!
        Ponch added to the gallery.
        Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Darn... It doesn't work for me... Oh well, I probably couldn't have figured it all out anyways... lol.
          *Agent~M*
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "I could live

Comment

Originally posted by Agent M:
            Um..... Who are the last two people of your slideshow thingie DD?
            (grin) You'll find out.
            -- DD

Comment

Anyway, I tried doing Mr and Mrs Rodriguez too, but I still get an error saying I can't add to the album (permissions not set
              Lee said this morning, "Now I understand the problem." She reset the permissions: it should be OK now. Give it another try. If they go correctly into the gallery, then we can edit the images out of the comments.
              -- DD

Comment

in view of the fact the English interface one can only produce the female form, I've been trying to to take one and "de-femminise" it. I've only got Paint Shop Pro, but I've got some passable results - they now look like a (slender) man.
                "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

PM your pictures are so funny... rofl. I love the one of Ronan!! lol lol.
                  Urgh. Thanks DD, the books coming out this spring right?
                  *Agent~M*
                  "I could live

Comment

Thanks DD, the books coming out this spring right?
                    That's the plan.

Now as for Candybar: I finally managed a crib of the navigation menu. You can bring it up in a browser by linking to http://www.youngwizards.net/images/C...gationMenu.jpg. Or just print this message out. Here's the order, when you start at http://www.candybar.co.kr/?GO=shop|fashion&TO=7 or a similar page:

>Main (home
                    >>Default/start
                    >>This week's best designs
                    >>Clothing
                    >>>Sophisticated/Sexy
                    >>>Cute/Casual
                    >>>Unique/Costume
                    >>Animations/Accessories
                    >>>Jewelry
                    >>>Pets
                    >>>Decorations
                    >>Face/hair
                    >>>Faces
                    >>>Hairstyles
                    >>Theme/Event
                    >>>Event Shop
                    >>>Theme Shop
                    >>>Expensive Items
                    >>Special Shop
                    >>>Gift certificates
                    >>>Miscellaneous
                    >>>Designer Shop
                    >>Cellphone stuff
                    >>Games
                    >>Best of the week competition submissions

When going through the selections, beware of clicking on "whole body" or costume selections without first saving your doll using PrintScreen or whatever: these will overwrite your doll.
                    -- DD

Comment

Just added Mrs and Mr Callahan.
                      I don't think Mrs Callahan looks too bad - not that much like a teenager, anyway.

Mr Callahan... I had to settle for the wrong sort of hair, and then edited the picture to make him flat-chested. I suppose I should have given him more of a waist, too, to match his description in Wizard's Holiday.

Comment

Very good, Pops! At least he doesn't look like a girl....lol, I know you have been trying to find boy dolls, it's hard to find....
                        ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                        **Neets**
                        CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

In order to get an avatar that looked like me, I wound up taking a basic doll with glasses like mine, saving it and repainting to look more like me.

I hope the elouai.com site adds the boy dolls from the Korean site, as I can get it to work (you noticed?) but the Korean one doesn't display the doll for me.

Oh, and before it was scaled down to avatar size, it was this big - since I'm not a character in the books, I won't put that one in the gallery.

This was a separate post, but not for any good reason, so I'll merge them:
                          Ok, that's Quelt from Wizard's Holiday and the long-unseen Mrs Lesser from So You Want To Be A Wizard.

Since Quelt isn't the same proportions as a human, I stretched her vertically and then recoloured her so that she was a bit closer to the description in the book.

Mrs Lesser should probably look older; she seems older. But maybe she isn't. (Sharklord reminded me about her.)

Hmmm. Now, can I find a dolls site that does cetaceans ?

Comment

Fool! That was Ed! Ahh well, no harm done. As long as she's up there... (this is in refrence as to who reminded PM about the librarian.)

Actually, I'm not the type of person to always chase down credit, but remembering the librarian was a stroke of genius I am very proud of.

HOWEVER, if someone suggested this to PM before I did in our chat, then I humbly retract my statment...
                            ~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
                            +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

Comment

Hmm, looks as if Google found me a site with male dolls in the style of the site that DD originally posted. This MaleMaker site works for me, which the original Korean one won't do (it doesn't show the current doll, for a start).

These look rather young, there aren't the choices of face shape that the other site has, and there's no facial hair for them.

Never mind, I'll try doing some bad Tom and Carl dolls in it...

Comment

Shoot! I can't get my dolls into my pictures, either. And my comp won't print from the internet. I don't know why, but it always crashes. What really makes me mad is that I made like 25 dolls for my stories and none of them actually saved!!! OOOH! Anyway, I'm going to try that photobucket thing, I guess.

Update: Yay! I copied the page to paint just like...I think Peter Murray said. (Sorry if I got it wrong.) So now how do I get my pic into the gallery?
                                ~Rachel

Comment

Working...
                                X