Ten Favorite Lines from Wizards at War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ten Favorite Lines from Wizards at War

Every now and then, when a book's finished (or sometimes when it's near being finished and I just can't wait), for my own amusement I do a list of my ten favorite lines from it. Sometimes they're my favorites because I find them funny, sometimes just because of the circumstances that precipitate them.

Just to make you all slightly crazy, I thought I'd share my list from Wizards at War. It's in the format of a Dave Letterman countdown. (And don't ask for specific explanations, because you're not going to get any.)

DD'S TEN FAVORITE LINES FROM "WIZARDS AT WAR"

(10) "Where other species are involved, I think as soon as we're old enough to ask, we're old enough to find out."

(9) "If we've got any guts at all, a real annoyed expression."

(8) "You really do want to become more than just good friends, don't you?"

(7) "'Destiny.' Half the time the word's just code for 'what someone else wants you to do without asking any inconvenient questions.'"

(6) "You didn't think I came all that way just to see you, did you?"

(5) "Deliverer of punches in the nose, and ruthless punisher of those who don't cut her some slack."

(4) Oh, well, if you're going to believe things cats say about dogs..."

(3) "You mean we should tell her that being hot on Ronan is actually being hot on both a cranky Celto-Goth hunk and a senior Power-that-Is who spent most of the last ten years living on Earth while wearing a macaw costume?"

(2) "I have here a new bar of Valrhona Caraibe single-estate Grand Cru."

And the Number One favorite line from the entire book:

(1) "Oops."
    Last edited by Lee Enfield-Burke; December 8, 2008, 06:32:28 AM.
    -- DD

Ha-ha! I really agree on 3, 1, and 9. 3 other favourites of mine are:

3) "That's not a word!"
    2) "You're asking me?
    1) "Whom."
    "Just how have I failed to notice Neets is hot?" ~Kit

~Lover of great books ever since she could read~

Comment

(8) "You really do want to become more than just good friends, don't you?"

I wonder who uses this line.
      It is better to die on your feat then to live a life on your knees-Emiliano Zapata.
      That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.-dad

Comment

It is Sker'ret saying it to Nita, because she keeps falling on him, or jumping on him and knocking him down to save him from being hit by something. This particular quote (#8) is the second time he has said something like this, because he had said a similar line the first time Nita fell on him, and she took a little bit getting up.

Comment

Chocolate muahaha

"And I.. am..going.. to .... eat.. it.. ALL." haha yes, I feel sorry for those aliens whose name started with the letter T.. whatever I don't remember. And I have alot of other quotes I like.. Dairine the main one who said them.

Comment

"Since I got a hold of the manual."
            If in a dewdrop there is a world of struggle, what happens when our dewdrop falls?
            Some people are like slinkies, pretty much useless, but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down the stairs.

Comment

Has anyone seen DD post a '10 favourite lines' from AWoM?

If not . . .

Ms. Duane, could we have your 10 favourite lines from AWoM? Pretty please with a cherry on top.

Comment

Even though AWoM haven't come out yet.... That would be the perfect teasers for us!!! I love it!
                If in a dewdrop there is a world of struggle, what happens when our dewdrop falls?
                Some people are like slinkies, pretty much useless, but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down the stairs.

Comment

I love that whole thing with the chocolate.....and S'keret's line.....also, there is a scene at the beginning of AWAW that is with the "house guests" and Diane and her dad. it goes something like this: "so who's here for dinner tonight"Nita's dad asks."oh, the usual: One giant bug, one Christmas tree, three humans and a humanoid king""I am a human, I'll have you know. You are the humanoids."
                  I LOVE that line!!!!!
                  All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they really happened. And after you are finished reading one you feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse, and the sorrow, the people and the places, and how the weather was.

Comment

I love the part where Camella gives the chocolate to the merc guys in the crossings.
                    Footsteps in the snow suggest where you have been, point to where you were going: but where they suddenly vanish, never dismiss the possibility of flight....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cadet View Post
                        Has anyone seen DD post a '10 favourite lines' from AWoM?
                        As it happens, they're right here:

http://www.youngwizards.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2074
                        -- DD

Comment

math...

"It's math, Kit, but not as we know it" L. O. L. (!)

(I must have completely passed this by the first time reading, b/c first time through is always a rush to find out what happens next, then several re-reads later, I can actually slow down enough to savour it all).

Comment

Working...
                          X