No announcement yet.

are you smart enough to get into ravenclaw? riddles only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was reading through the riddles, not actually planning on posting, but it was scaring me that nobody had answered the one Garrett posted,

Alive without breath,
    As cold as death,
    Never thirsting,
    Ever drinking,
    Clad in mail never clinking.
    So I guess I must to stop being scared of this thread answer it <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Fishy! or you know, the fish which Gollum liked to eat...</span>

And 'cause I have piles of riddles I'll post a few.

First off, 'cause I answered that one I'm thinking I need to add to the thread:
    This thing all things devours:
    Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
    Grinds iron, bites steel;
    Grinds hard stones to meal;
    Slays kings, ruins town,
    And beats high mountains down.
    <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Yay for Tolkien *wink*</span>

Two I made up at like 11 or 12 while doing a project on a certain book..:
    1. Moving clouds of black
    Southward facing
    Homeward tracing
    Cold winds chasing
    Soon will waft back.

2. Welcomes and dismisses
    Provides protection
    Gate to a hidden place
    Window to the world
    Pound for a message
    Tap for the answer.

And one which I was asked in a summer program between 6th and 7th grades and really liked for a while because it tricked so many people:
    A man without eyes saw plums in a tree.
    He neither took plums nor left plums, now how can that be?

Eventually I'll edit and add answers I suppose
    We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

YR's riddle: <span class="ev_code_WHITE">a book</span>
      Slays kings, ruins town,
      <span class="ev_code_WHITE">time!</span>
      1. Not a clue, that's a good riddle!
      2. <span class="ev_code_WHITE">a door?</span>
      A man without eyes saw plums in a tree.
      He neither took plums nor left plums, now how can that be?
      <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Okay, guess I'm tricked</span> <span class="ev_code_WHITE">If he didn't have eyes how did he see the plums?</span>*is confused*

Answer to my "longer she stands..." riddle: <span class="ev_code_WHITE">candle</span>
      "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
      Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

maybe <span class="ev_code_white"> were they in his imagination?</span>

fixed color tag-gf
        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Slays kings, ruins town,
          <span class="ev_code_white">Time, my preciousssssss....</span>

A box without hinges, key, or lid,
          Yet golden treasure inside is hid.
          "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

is it

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">a book?</span>

to uphold it is your virtue,
            to break it is your loss,
            to make it only speak it,
            risks are high, but rewards are great,
            if only you do take it.
            For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Garrett: <span class="ev_code_WHITE">an egg</span>
              YR: <span class="ev_code_WHITE">a promise</span>?
              What about jokes that are riddles? Do they count? I'm gonna post it anyways...
              Cannibal 1: Do you taste good?
              Cannibal 2: No
              Cannibal 1: How would you know?
              Cannibal 2: <span class="ev_code_WHITE">I ate my twin brother</span>!
              "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism

Comment

Originally posted by Garrett Fitzgerald:
                A box without hinges, key, or lid,
                Yet golden treasure inside is hid.
                <span class="ev_code_white"> "Egges! Egges it is!" (note: Didn't feel like asking "Give us a chance; let it give us a chance, my preciouss--ss--ss." before the answer though) </span>

It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
                Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
                It lies behind stars and under hills,
                And empty holes it fills.
                It comes first and follows after,
                Ends life, kills laughter.

edit: grr at the lack of colour.

And on my last one,
                number 2 has been gotten right <span class="ev_code_white">door </span>

And of course the first one of them is Garrett's answer .

The am giving more time on the unanswered ones, but need to reply again just... well just 'cause.
                We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

I'm not good at this but is it <span class="ev_code_WHITE">darkness</span>? Sorry for the one liner but I just wanted to give it a try.
                  Young Reader: <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Your word</span>?
                  Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
                  Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

you guys are very close to solving mine, but not quite there...think a bit more SPECIFIC. it'll be very obvious all considering once you figure it out. *has more riddles* the first one is an easy one...

i bring you heat, and heat brings me,
                    i've been chasing away monsters since of age you were three

the second one, slightly tougher

i bring you joy, i bring you saddness,
                    i bring you life, i bring you maddness,
                    i trap you often, yet i let you live,
                    and now to my riddle, what answer do you give?

Comment

If I was in Ravenclaw, when I graduated I would get some friends together and on our graduation day perform a mass confundus charm on the door to make it ask this riddle.

There is an island that is considered to be paradise. All the inhibitants of the island are Perfect Logicians, and every knows of every that they are Perfect Logicans. Exactly 100 of these persons have blue eyes, 100 have brown eyes, and 1 has green eyes. The inhibitants do not know what his/her color eyes is. Everyone is constantly aware of everyone elses eye color but no person knows that there are 100 blue eyed, 100 brown eyed, and 1 green eyed person on the island. If a person finds out his/her own eye color she/he must leave the island at midnight of the day she/he finds out! There are no mirrors or reflections of any kind on the island. Also, nobody on the island ever speaks except the Guru, who is the person with the green eyes, (she does not know her eye color and if she found out she would have to leave the island at midnight). The Guru says one sentence every fifty years. One day the Guru arrives and tells everyone on the island the following: I SEE SOMEONE WITH BLUE EYES. Who (if anyone) leaves the island and when?

Then, next year, they'd all be locked in the hall for a week. Bwah ha ha!
                      /~*|=|*~\

Comment

I believe the answer is (to Williams riddle) <span class="ev_code_WHITE">they would all have to leave </span>. Tell me if I'm wrong.

Now my riddle!
                        What object has keys that open no locks, space but no room, and you can enter but not go in?

ANSWER <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Keyboard</span>
                        In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

Douglas Adams

Comment

*picks William up and drops him into the island of unanswerable riddle torture* Okay, I have absolutely no clue, you've stumped me...

YR's first: <span class="ev_code_WHITE">light</span>
                          YR's second: <span class="ev_code_WHITE">food? mothers?</span>*is confused*

I have a dappled coat and hide among the leaves
                          I see you but it's hard to see me
                          I'm very rare and almost gone
                          Please do not get this riddle wrong

Comment

willam<span class="ev_code_WHITE">no one? he didnt say who he just said that he sees someone with blue eyes so it doesnt matter.</span>

ok
                            whats flys without wings
                            and runs without legs?
                            awnser to earlyer riddles:
                            <span class="ev_code_WHITE">first was a smile and the second was an egg</span>
                            its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

wizzy: <span class="ev_code_white">i don't know....time? *is stumped</span>

rhi has f8igurd out my FIRST riddle...but no one has gotten my second one yet, i fear...*wonders if anyone can figure it out*

fixed color tag - GF

Comment

I know this is a short post but this is my answer to Young Wizards second riddle... ANSWER <span class="ev_code_WHITE">I think it is the earth, though my second choice is life</span>
                                In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
                                X