Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which book series do you like? (besides the YW series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the The Chronicles of Narnia books, also the HP books, the end of the last one did not end how I thought it would, I also like Eldest and Eargon books, as well at the Wrinkle in Time books. But one of my fav. books is The Zion Chronicals
    Lover of Most Books...
    Finder of Lost Things...
    Eater of all Sweet Stuff...
    Wonder of the West...

Comment

I love the Wicked (not the play) series by Nancy Holder, and I love City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare. Tamora Pierce, the creator of Beka Cooper: Terrier is amazing, and I love the creator of The Healer's Keep. The Harry Potter series was the best, and I love the Twilight series. I'm still finding more series to be obsessed over, and I just found out about Farworld.
      Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

Basicly all I read is YW and the Sookie Stackhouse(True Blood) books.
        Footsteps in the snow suggest where you have been, point to where you were going: but where they suddenly vanish, never dismiss the possibility of flight....

Comment

I'm reading the Poison Study, Magic Study, and Fire Study books written by Maria V. Snyder. Check them out! Basically I love reading about Yelena, a young woman who constantly has to make decisions for herself.
          Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

I've just "discovered" a series that apparently everybody else knows about. Rachel Caine's "Weather Warden" series is about a woman where magic workers align along elements: you have Earth, Fire, and Air/Water Wardens, and their job is basically to "fight" natural disasters. The Earth guys deal with earthquakes and tectonic instability, the Fire guys are all in California (kidding), and the Air/Water Wardens deal with all the extreme weather.

Wardens use bound djinn to help focus their power. There are demons, but they're much more dangerous. Unfortunately, our heroine, who's a Weather Warden, has been tricked into bonding with a demon and now she's accused of murder, on the run, and looking for a djinn to help her out.

It's kind of slam-bam actiony with lots of fights and fast driving. It's reminiscent of Jim Butcher's Harry Dresden series, which is probably why the main pull quote on the cover of the books is by Butcher ("You'll never watch the Weather Channel the same way again.")

Caine apparently also has a YA vampire series going (Morganville Vampires), but I've got about three dozen books on the go, and I've got to finish a few before I take those on, and I want to get through the Weather Wardens, first.

Also, I picked up a book in a series that Kurt Busiek blogged about, the Archonate by Matthew Hughes. I'm only about 10 pages into Majestrum so far, but it's looking good. I just wish my library had had the first book in the series.

Oh. And for anybody else who's a fan of Connie Willis's Dunworthy-and-the-Oxford-History-Department books? The next one is going to be in two volumes, it got so big. The first volume will be called Blackout and it's scheduled for February (I think), and the second half will be All-Clear and will supposedly be scheduled six months later. It's the London Blitz one. Keep your fingers crossed.
            Last edited by Kathy Li; November 29, 2009, 07:59:46 PM.
            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Working...
            X