Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does any one read forgotten realms or dragon lance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my favorite author of forgotten realms is r a salvatore and ed greenwood but there are alot of authors i have 9 of the dragon lance books im on the 6th lol about finished it
    wouldnt life be boring if you didnt have something to accomplish?

Comment

Now there's a blast from the past, I haven't read those books in years. I'd hate to think how many there are now, if they're still a going concern! I read heaps of the Dragonlance books and went on to read other stuff by Weis and Hickman like their Death Gate Cycle.

I loved the Drizzt Do'Urden books by R A Salvatore but never got beyond the first two trilogies. Ed Greenwood was good too, I particularly remember his character Elminster.

Comment

Ah, I fully concur with Kimberley, in that the Drizzt Do'Urdern series is absolutely fantastic.

It's the unique blend of philosophy and action that he brings to the books, the darkness conflicting with light, of choices and decisions that makes it such a satisfying read, I suppose.

I haven't tried the other forgotten realms books, and I'm not terribly sure if I want to. To wreck the splendor of the Icewind Dale universe is a terrible thing.
        Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
        Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

sorry to bother but have you seen a youngwizard books in your lyberry my teacher said that the schools frobid then untill 7th grade why I am in 6th grade and I read them....

Comment

Sean, the other Forgotten Realms books I read were more straightforward stories and didn't have the philosophical musings that the Drizzt Do'Urden books do. So perhaps you're right not to read them. :-) However, "Azure Bonds" by Grubb and Novak held up better than expected when I read it years later, so that might be an exception.

Comment

the drizzt do urden books were probably the best ones of forgotten realms ive read but if you are wanting to read some more i would go with ed greenwood he doesnt do the philosophy but he has some pretty good stories lol.

Kimberly you should really read the rest of the books they are awesome i think they just get better, but thats my opinion my favorite set is probably the dark elf trilogy the prelude of the ice wind dale trilogy
              wouldnt life be boring if you didnt have something to accomplish?

Comment

Working...
              X