Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does any one read forgotten realms or dragon lance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does any one read forgotten realms or dragon lance?

i love these books they are some of my favorite books but i never can seem to find any 1 else who reads them so i was just wondering
    wouldnt life be boring if you didnt have something to accomplish?

your not alone Cilious, Ive read the first three? of dragon lance. My friend lent them to me. Then when i was walking down the old market i saw some more and realized that its a huge series. not read any more of them as Im trying to get and read all the disc world books at the moment. Plus being at uni is sort of stoping my book buying at the present. Oh by the way my name is Fox, 23, and at Northmapton University Welcome to the forum!
    Fox
    God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

i have 8 of out of nine of one of the many series of dragon lance but im missing one of the middle ones and it driving me crazy
      and thanks for the welcome

Comment

Have you tried Amzon both the UK and the USA ones, they ussually have them 2nd hand or even Ebay on a world wide search?? Thats were i ussually find all the book you cant find in the shops etc.
        Fox

Comment

I've never read any Dragonlance, but my brother reads them. I'm a Forgotten Realms fan myself.
          ---
          Interesting (adj.) - Oh God, Oh God, we're all gonna die?

Comment

So whats the Forgotten Realms then? Whats the basic story line?? Always ask people this before i try and track down a copy to read
            Fox

Comment

forgotten realms is like dragon lance but it has about 12 different arthours lol its a d n d based world swords and magic and such. but its awesome my 2 favorite athours(spelling)are ed greenwood and r a salvatore. and im a bigger forgotten realms fan than dragon lance too. i have all the drizzt books and all but one of the elmisnter series

Comment

R. A. Salvatore, in my opinion, is an EXTREMELY good author (Yaaaay Drizzt!). Although he has a tendency to kill off some of my favorite characters.

Anybody want to recommend me some Dragonlance titles? I don't know how the series works, but I could use some recommendations.
                ---
                Interesting (adj.) - Oh God, Oh God, we're all gonna die?

Comment

start with drangons of autumn twilight then dragons of winter night then dragons of sprinjg dawning and yeah drizzt is my favorite character too

Comment

Well you two seem keen on them and I have to admit I read the first three books of dragon Lance and it finished the story so I feel no need to start reading yet another series of books. But i might give these forgotten realms books a go if i can find some. I have to say I have to keep up to date with good books (I'm a primary school teacher) and I got one the other day called Magyk by Angie Sage. Just finished it and i have to say it was not a bad read at all, think i might have to get the 2nd one now.
                    Fox

Comment

im reading the young wizards series right now lol one of the best series ive read. drizzt and elminster r my 2 favorite characters

Comment

I don't think I'd ever heard of Forgotten Realms before this thread, but it sounds pretty cool. I just went to the library a couple days ago, though, so I won't be able to look for them for a couple of weeks- and that's if I remember.

I did look for Dragonlance while I was there. I've read only Dragons of Autumn Twilight, but loved it. I want to re-read it, though, because I can't remember a word. That happens to me kind of a lot: I'll read the first book (or first few books) in a series, frantically look for the second book (or next book, however far along I am) for months, and by the time I find it, if ever, I've entirely forgotten the first/first few book(s).

On a side note- cilious, if you haven't, you might want to read the FAQ. No worries, but one-liners/short posts are generally bad, and capitalizing/punctuating properly are greatly appreciated, along with typing correctly rather than using chatpeak. Welcome to the forums, by the way!

Comment

ok wildflower i will start using real words and ill even try puntcuation, but no promises on the caps lol. ive dont the book thing too read one and not the rest and then forget. i hate doing that though so i try to find the books before i can forget them. goodluck on finding dragon lance or forgotten realms at a library they dont have them in libraries up here

Comment

im so happy guys i finally got my new dragonlance book that ive been looking for lol
                            *happy dance*

Comment

I am reading the dragon lance. However, who is the author of the forgotten realms? With the dragon lance I couldn't find a way or a paragraph to stop at. So I started the 2nd book in the morning then finished it at 1:00 in the morning. Boy were my parents mad. I try looking in the library for the books 3 and 4 but they only had 1,2,5,6 of it.
                              alwell thx for the new title!
                              my heart in in my hands...yuck!

Comment

Working...
                              X