Star Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it won't be the original actors. So?

They'll CGIify them - while most of us hate Jar Jar Binks, who do we love more than Yoda?

Obviously there are issues, but I think something like the Thrawn trilogy would be excellent material for the final three.
    Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
    Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

Dude...that would be so wrong. It's one thing to CGI a character that isn't in the known universe. It's quite another to try to CGI a whole human actor and performance. I can't imagine it actually looking at all real. More like it would look freakily just close enough to human but not quite there.
      I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

Maybe they should just have the animated series take over? I enjoyed the animated series far more than the films. Of course, I still have some trouble telling it apart from Samurai Jack...

As for the CGIing of live actors--wait until X-Men 3 to make a judgement. I've heard they were using CG and old photographs to de-age both McKellen and Stewart for the scenes where they needed younger Professor X and Magneto to meet.
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Well, mabey we'll just have to wait and see.
          Lucas will ruin the trilogy if he makes 7,8, and 9. Plus, he has already said that there woild be no more movies in the Star Wars series.
          Let's see how Harrison Ford looks in Indy 4.
          "Before God we are all equally wise-and equally foolish."
          "It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education."
          "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
          "If you are out to describe

Comment

New Discovery found on KOTOR. you and Carth fall in love (female/light side only} if you go dark your love will break! i found this out with spartan's help. so make sure you try kotor on both dark and light also both male and female and you can discover alot of secrets!

Comment

hmmm. dissing darth now are we? why? some kind of guy thing...? if it is, i don't wanna her it! guy things tend to be dumb...

and just to get back on topic; i really like star wars, even love, but i'm not a fanatic and don't know all that much about it. and even if he couldn't act...anakin was really hot...

and darth, you spelled padowan wrong.

-peri

PS i love indiana jones!!! don't know why though...

Comment

Thanks for defending Darth from a post a month old, and thanks for calling guy things dumb. And it's 'padawan'.

I thought the scene where Anakin killed the younglings was pretty effective in showing his TURNING TO THE DARK SIDE (dun dun dun), but really pathetic.

I'm a fan of both the original trilogy and the prequel. I really think they shouldn't make any more movies, because the series is complete. It's good. Any further movies wouldn't be good.

Comment

Wait, what. defending Darth. thats me!!! unless there is another Darth. but i dont know if there is. so peri your defending me from the post between me and *ahem*. thanks for the support. that guy just doesnt know what he is talking about.

when did i spell it wrong? i dont remember typing padawan.

well since i guess the so called Dark Lord of the Sith has been banned, i will steal the mantle of Dark Lord of the Sith from him. MUAHAHAHAHAHA

oh and dont listen to bradwart if they make 7th movie it will not ruin the triogy if they make 7,8, and 9. and just because he said they wouldn't doesn't mean they are not going to. things change. spartan and bradwart have the same negative energy inside them, they don't want star wars to continue, they both just want it do die. but it will NEVER die! it will live on forever! <- that is me stoping the people that want star wars to die out!

New discovery in KOTOR, well it is a glitch not a discovery, i went back on to the Ebon Hawk and they were scattered around the ship like the scene where all my friends talk about me being Revan. so i go to the cockpit and a droid is there and i talk to it and i could go anywhere, i went to the forge early but no one was there, i made a set of the robes you can make on the forge and went back to taris but now im stuck! so just telling everyone if this glitch happens to you DON'T go to taris unless you want to be stuck. if you do go to taris save the game in a different slot. trust me!

Comment

That wonderful Glitch is called the Galaxy Droid, capable of teleportation to other worlds. However, it makes a clone of Zalbaar.
                    If you travel to the Endar Spire or the Star Forge, the game should freeze, and if you travel to Taris or Dantooine, you will not be able to return to the Ebon Hawk. On Dantooine, once you enter the main courtyard, Belaya will continue to stop you from leaving it.
                    On Taris, you simply start out as though you left the apartment for the first time.

Just a small tidbit.

Comment

you know I thik is odd is that the 4th one was made beefor the 1rst 2nd and third... odd and. ODD!

Comment

ya it was really odd when i started watching the fourth movie. i was like...what the fourth movie?!?!?! what about the third, second, and first!?!?!?! it was really odd. but later i didn't think it was odd. it made me wonder so i liked star wars even more than i thought i would!

Comment

what if star wars ended up dying out, darth??? would you die, or become a hermit who lives in the middle of the woods and glares at even a passing squirrel??? i think i'd be okay...there's always harry potter. *snicker* i bet you hate harry potter. so i'll send you a copy while you're sulking in the woods.

-peri

Comment

no i like Harry Potter. i think it is third best. second is That '70s Show. and number one is of course Star Wars. ya if it would die out i would become a hermit a very senile {sp} hermit living in the woods. i get mail in the woods? that is awesome!

wow kotor was so hard i put the game level on the hardest it could go and the sith on the Endar Spire put up a good fight. oh and so did malak killing 1/3 of my health in 1 huge hit. i had to keep running from him on that battle! you guys should try it!

oh and the game didn't freeze when i went to the Star Forge but no one was there. the place was empty. then i went to the Endar Spire and it didn't freeze but i thought it was going to. after that i went to the unknown world and i could go into the temple without the shield stoping you. but when i went to taris that was a bad mistake. i am now stuck on taris. so i tried to make it out of their like you do in the game but the undercity guard won't let you pass so i went by the vulkar base and then from the sewers to the undercity gate. but he wouldn't let me by, the gate was locked! that was the worst!

Comment

I think Darth Raven only likes That 70's Show because the main character has an unhealthy infatuation with... yep you guessed it.. Star Wars. Unfortunately That 70's Show, like Star Wars is a dying breed. With Topher Grace gone the series is fighting to stay afloat... it might have already been canceled.. i don't know after about season 7 I stopped caring.

Oh and BTW Harry Potter isn't that great... its kind of like The Davinci Code... well actually thats unfair since the Davinci Code is total garbage.. but I digress... HP while an awfully popular story line is frankly poorly written. Sure JKR can slap together a good old fashion who-done-it with a few plot twists here and there, but when your done reading your left with a book that has flakey content, contains little imagination, is a poor piece of literature, and is held back even farther by the constant fact that a large percentage of the target audience remains between the ages of 5 and 14 no matter how old or mature Harry gets.
                              "He who made kittens put snakes in the grass."

"Even if love does not dawn,
                              The sun also rises,
                              The day goes on."

Comment

well that 70s show died out at the 8th season that was the last season they were going to do. but everyone came back for the final episode. it was a cool episode. i liked it. and i liked star wars before i even started watching that 70s show. Hyde is my favorite character.

im so bored right now.

oh and what is very fun to do in KOTOR is to put the game play on hard and face Malak now that is fun.

awesome! in kotor just before you level up in the Jedi Academy you can make one of your party members a jedi, i made carth a jedi to test it out. but if you make one of your party members a jedi you won't be able to use a lightsaber. you could still use the force but you can't use a lightsaber. if you want a droid to have force you will be able to use a lightsaber because a droid can only use a gun. have fun with this, and don't over due it!

Comment

Working...
                                X