No announcement yet.

Star Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am one of the most avid star wars fans out there, and have been for about six or seven years. I've read most of the books out there, but not the comic books, and i havent played any of the games (I plan on expanding that area of knowledge soon).

The movies:
    I love the Prequel Trilogy- yes, I know that the plot/dialogue is horrible compared to the "Holy" (original) Trilogy. But I just like the way Lucas made them, although the dialogue could have flowed better.
    The Original Trilogy... well, you must be insane if you've seen them and dont like them...

I just got episode 3 on DVD Nov. 1, (I saw it in theaters twice, once opening day and once the next weekend.)and watched it twice. I guess it's just me, but Ep. 3 makes me shed one tear every time I watch it...(and in different spots each time too...)

I was unhappy at first to learn that there was going to be only six movies, but if you think about it, George sold the rights to authors and LucasArts to create plotlines before and after the movies, so if he tried to make any more movies, the plot line would run into conflict with the books and games, and they wouldn't be original like the other six.

The books in general are all really good. The Dark Nest Series (It is excellently written) just seems to me to be drifting really far off from the basic Star Wars theme...Although, it could be because the whole expanded universe is going on a lot later than the movies and other books... I dunno. I just feel that they're losing spirit... (I love the NJO though)

Comment

New Discovery in KOTOR!

I have discovered a secret scene in which Bastila kisses you! (Guys only, I would assume)
      it blacks the scene out, but exciting!
      If you want to know how to do this, private message me.
      "Before God we are all equally wise-and equally foolish."
      "It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education."
      "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
      "If you are out to describe

Comment

Star Wars is awesome! The original trilogy is the best in terms of movie-ness. EpII--well, meh. It's okay. The main reason I liked EpIII was because Anikin was completely hot in that movie. But movie-wise it was really bad. Hayden Christiansen may be really hot, but he can't act to save his life. But generally, I think the main premise of Star Wars is awesome.

Sker'
        Nitwit, blubber, oddment, tweak! --Albus Dumbledore

I <3 Jamie Lawrence!!!!!! *squee*

Comment

Actually, Dark Nest takes place about five years afterward. It seems like it hasn't been very long because there are so many species - specifically the Ithorians - who haven't found a new homeworld. But it's five years for the first one, and the second is a year later. Speaking of Dark Nest, the mind-meld thing has gotten pretty creepy, especially between Jaina/Zekk.

If anyone hasn't read Dark Nest but plans to, I recommend reading (or re-reading) Star by Star and Tatooine Ghost first, both by Troy Denning. He also wrote the Dark Nest books and uses a lot of the background info from those books.

If you haven't read _any_ SW books, I shun you. Just kidding, just kidding. They're awesome - complicated, but awesome. They extend so much on the story line and show more emotion - and as an added bonus, you get to skip the corny actors and CG effects that everyone's complaining about.

I believe I told everyone this back when the movie came out, but I poured tears through half the movie. Mom had this insane idea (not a bad one, but insane) to invite a couple of teachers from school. My sixth grade teacher commented that I was "bawling for the last hour" or something similar. And I was, too. I cried from about when Obi-Wan landed on Utapau (sp?) all the way to the end, and I nearly broke Steph's fingers when I squeezed her hand.

I don't know what it is about Star Wars, but all the movies have made it on to my top 15 faves list (except perhaps Attack of the Clones. I never got into that one.)
          Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
          "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
          "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

Please ignore Darth Revan. He lacks certain necessary qualities and is not a Star Wars expert. I doubt he could name all six movies.
            "Before God we are all equally wise-and equally foolish."
            "It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education."
            "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
            "If you are out to describe

Comment

really??? 5 years...oh... *headdesk* rats. aha more people who love star wars!!!! i got 5 new books since i last posted and the 9 book series i mentiond above is called the Legacy of the force and the first book is titled betrayal.

and yes the mind meld thing between jaina/zekk is creepy.
              [spoilers ahead for any who havn't finished reading the new jedi order series or young jedi knights series. i don't know how to do the white out text thing so if you dont' want to know stop reading now thanks]

on a side note while reading the young jedi knights series i was all for the jaina/zekk relationship that kevin j anderson had going. but after reading the njo i was more of a jaina/jag person. but now it seems that it's gonna end up a jaina/zekk thing because apparently jaina and jag have broken up... wow jacen has a daughter. he and tenel ka are the parents. the daugter's name i believe is allana... i have the book but the page number is obscure so i don' wanna go check now. and ben skywalker is showing...alarming tendencies to anger. *is wondering what this is a foreshadowing of* well anyways that's my two bits' worth.

later
              Dai Stiho
              -MBF
              ---------------------------------------
              YW Chat room link. http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/ Type in nickname and #youngwizards for channel.
              "in remembrance of Peter Murray,5/16/06,dai stiho

Comment

Ive heard that they arm making a 7th movie. Is that true? I'm just wondering. I don't want to believe a rumor. SStar wars cool, but I dont suckle on it like this one kid I know.
                In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

Douglas Adams

Comment

I have not heard that rumor but star wars was origonaly writen for thier to be nine movies. From what ive gathered the 7-9th movies were the emperor reborn saga. oh well. I do hope they come out with more star wars movies though.
                  (\__/) "Be amazing"
                  (+'.'+)
                  (")_(")

Comment

Star Wars was in fact originally intended to be nine movies, though I don't know what the last three were supposed to be about.

And give the...dubious quality of the recent prequels, I'm not entirely sure I care to. Besides, it wouldn't be the same without the same actors, and they're all too old now.

Me, I'll stick to Timothy Zahn's fantastic books (Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and The Last Command) as my sequels and not hold my breath for any new movies.

Anna

Comment

Star Wars is currently in manuvering for the 7-9th movies; some higher ups disagree, but as a cash cow, most execs believe the movie will be made.

www.theforce.net should have the latest and greatest on it.
                      Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
                      Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

Please tell me this isn't true? Ack...any more Star Wars movies would not be a good idea at this time. I'm having enough trouble digesting the prequels, and I think the expanded universe is doing just fine as it is in novel form. They couldn't bring back the original trilogy actors. I can't imagine what Lucas would think he's left undone with the series so far.
                        I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

From what I remember the idea was always to make 9 movies, just like Lucas knew there were 3 movies before (and thus they were numbered accordingly). But I agree. The EU more than fills up, and I'd really preffer he didn't try...but he would have the actors, aren't they all alive still?

Comment

They need to leave the original trilogy alone. Stop making movies.
                            Although, a KOTOR movie might not be too bad....

Comment

well...as a star wars enthusiast i have to say to the idea of making the last three movies (7,8,9) to go for it.

the eu (expanded universe which includes novels, comics, videogames) is doing brilliantly zahn's new book Outbound flight is out now. (I can't wait to get it.) the next two legacy books have titles last i heard, *checks*

hey i'll do more than that here's a list of the nine books with the ones that have titles and when their projected release date is.

"quote from starwars.com
                              Book 1: Betrayal by Aaron Allston (May 2006, Hardcover)
                              Book 2: Bloodlines by Karen Traviss (August 2006, Paperback)
                              Book 3: Tempest by Troy Denning (November 2006, Paperback)
                              Book 4: Exile by Aaron Allston (February 2007, Paperback)
                              Book 5: Sacrifice by Karen Traviss (June 2007, Hardcover)
                              Book 6: by Troy Denning (September 2007, Paperback)
                              Book 7: by Aaron Allston (November 2007, Paperback)
                              Book 8: by Karen Traviss (March 2008, Paperback)
                              Book 9: by Troy Denning (June 2008, Hardcover)
                              "

and there's a darth bane novel. titled path of destruction by Drew Karpyshyn for you sith era enthusiasts

lets see...any more new book news...
                              yes...in the scholastic books new series the last of the jedi which takes place after the Purges the new book is called A Tangled Web,
                              for those of you that have followed the jedi quest books and know of Ferus Olin, He survived the Purges, and some more of his story is in this book. i will update here when i find anything new.

Dai Stiho
                              -MBF
                              ---------------------------------------
                              YW Chat room link. http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/ Type in nickname and #youngwizards for channel.
                              "in remembrance of Peter Murray,5/16/06,dai stiho

Comment

The problem with making more movies is that all the original actors are way too old, although I suppose they could clean them up with a little computer magic. But mabey it's time to let the series rest like it is. It would be like making a Lord of the Rings Four, not really necessary. The series is over. Let's leave it at that.

Comment

Working...
                                X