Television

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Television

Just a heartfelt plea that if anybody here has the least urge to watch Wonderfalls on Friday night, please do so. The numbers weren't so good when the pilot aired, and it's in danger of cancellation, just as it's getting started. (That's the Fox Friday Night Slot o' Death for you.)

If you watch Joan of Arcadia, just flip the channel to Fox at 9:00pm, when Joan ends.

The show's got a similar premise (24-year-old philosophy major thinks she may be going insane, because objects are talking to her and telling her do weird things to nudge wishes made on quarters going into a fountain into reality), but it's a lot snarkier, and I think it's funnier.
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

I've never seen Joan of Arcadia, but Wonderfalls was pretty hilarious in some parts. I'll definitely watch it rerun on Thursday.

Comment

Yeah, I loved it. Bryan Fuller's doing a fantastic job with the scripts. I particularly loved the part when the eagle on the quarter squawked and flapped its wings--I really wasn't expecting that at ALL.

Well, that and knowing that the medium-point BIC really is the preferred pen for emergency tracheotomies.
      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Did anyone watch american idol? I think simon is sooo cool. (Please don't be mad at me M.) You know I found out who that John Peter Lewis guy looks like. Luke Skywalker!!!!
        penguins will rule the world.

Comment

Has anyone out there been watching Century City? For those who don't know anything about it, it's a legal drama (I can hear the groans starting now, "Just what we need, another Law and Order rip-off") set in 2039. It's very science-fiction-y in that they tackle legal issues that arise from advanced technology. This week, they had an unconventional rape case; the woman was 'violated' by an ex-boyfriend who secretly infected her husband with nanites and used them to virtual-reality-eavesdrop on them having sex. Some of the cases are hard to explain, but so far I've been favorably impressed with the issues they've tackled. Oh, and did I mention that they have Ioan Gruffydd playing one of the main lawyers? I can't believe how well he does an American accent!
          "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
          "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

Watched the CC pilot, missed the Saturday ep, haven't watched last night's yet, but interesting so far. Did you catch the Trek joke in the pilot?

Comment

Did want to mention that A Wrinkle in Time is scheduled to pop up on WW of Disney 5/15. Also that 4/9, Cartoon Network's marathoning the second 10 microseries episodes of Star Wars: Clone Wars (and all 20 will be marathoned on the 10th). Wonderfalls has been cancelled (sigh), The Amazing Race 5 (and Big Brother) start up 7/6 (and TAR has some rule changes and one of the BB contestants on it, this time around), Dinner For Five's "Jersey Girl" episode airs 4/23, and there's new Powerpuff Girls episodes have started up Friday evenings. The CSI: New York backdoor pilot is the 5/17 episode (Gary Sinise!) of CSIM, Prime Suspect VI airs 4/18-4/25, and Sci-Fi's said Q4 for the Farscape miniseries, "Peacekeeper Wars", and September (I think) for Earthsea.

Oh, and everything comes back out of repeats next week. Lots of good eatin' out there to go looking for.

Comment

I don't watch much TV. But when I did, I really liked 'Invader Zim' but they stopped airing it on NIckelodeon and the channel they show it on now, I don't get. 'Samurai Jack' is cool too. A friend got me hooked on it. But I spend more time on the computer than vegging in front of the tv. But whenever I try to watch TV, my little brother is usually already watching soemthing dumb and he hogs the remote.
                ~Wizards, the 8th wonder of the world.

~The Last Cyber Unicorn, yeah that's me.

Comment

kli6, thank you; you mentioned at least 4 things that I will be on the lookout for.

And, after only 4 (5?) shows, Century City is already canceled. Grr. I guess they wanted more things blowing up or people getting shot; it was too 'cerebral'. Funny, that's why I liked it. I will pick it up on DVD if or when it comes out.
                  "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
                  "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

They're putting Wrinkle on film? How? It's far too interior, IMHO. But I'm glad someone is carrying on with Farscape.

Comment

My trepidation about Wrinkle is that it was done and in the can two years ago (it aired on Canadian tv a year ago). That ABC's been holding it back all this while probably means it's not that fantastic. And the casting is, well, not how I would have envisioned it.

I figure it'll be a little better than Ring of Endless Light but nothign to get greatly excited over.

Oh, btw, Quill, PBS's Mystery! website has most of the summer season listed and mentions that this Fall, we're getting Series II of Inspector Lynley.

Comment

I don't like Samurai Jack. It seems like a parody for anime or something, I don't like it.

I haven't read A Wrinkle on Time but I have had people telling me to read it. What's it about??
                        Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                        ------------------------------------------------------------
                        "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

OOH! Wrinkle in Time is good! Although it's kinda hard to explain what it's about.... It's about a girl, Meg , and her dad went "missing" And it's got something to do with the fourth dimension...
                          *Agent~M*
                          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                          "I could live

Comment

Ooookaaayyy. Anyway, I will read it soon.
                            Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                            ------------------------------------------------------------
                            "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

Srry, I was kinda vague there wasn't I? I had to do babysitter interviews for my sisters... I'm finally free from babysitters!!!!!!! (Summer ones, not after school ones *shudder*) But yeah, Wrinkle in time is kinda weird, but it's good! Here's a link since it's kinda hard for me to describe: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...l/-/0440498058
                              [edited to fix url messing up the page layout --kli]
                              *Agent~M*
                              "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                              "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                              "I could live

Comment

Working...
                              X