Dr. Who -- It's bigger on the inside!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kathy Li View Post
    the emo is earned in ways it wasn't always with Davies at the helm.
    That's definitely true. RTD really liked the emo but, well . . . overdid it, I guess. Also, there was Floaty Tinkerbell Doctor in the Series 3 Finale, which, ironically, I thought was quite good, except for Floaty Tinkerbell Doctor.

And Series 5 & 6 . . . well, let me just say I Love Rory (although he dies too much. If that makes any sense), Matt Smith really does do a good job, and . . . erm . . . I'm slightly afraid to say what I'm about to say because it got me a gigantic backdraft Somewhere Else . . . here ya go . . . I . . . don't . . . like . . . Amy . . . that . . . much. Rory and River kind of make up for it though. (May I politely express HOW glad I am that we have River now instead of Rose)?

-----------

Comment

I saw a teaser the other day for the new episodes coming up at the end of the month. I can't seem to find it now though. I'm looking forward to more Doctor Who. ;D
      How do you wake Lady Gaga up in the morning?
      You poke her face.

Comment

Smith over Tennet. But Tennet and the better writing. And Catherine Tate was the BEST companion ever!

Comment

I liked Donna too when they made her character less annoying after the Christmas special. I think Martha is one of my favourite companions partly because she didn't get me frustrated while I watched her.
          You poke her face.

Comment

Look up Catherine Tate as a comedian. She's great.

Comment

And yay! It's started again. I really don't like the whole mid-season hiatus idea, but them's the breaks, I guess. Matt Smith's Doctor is certainly growing on me, but I think David Tennant managed to define the Doctor for a generation in the same way the Tom Baker did in the 70s. Amy, Rory and River are definitely my favourite companions from the new series, though.

What did people think of the latest episode (those of you who have seen it )? I thought it was really good. Spoiler: I particularly liked finally seeing the first meeting with River in her timeline. It was very cool. I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

Comment

I think last night's episode was one of the best, yes. I don't know why, it just seemed to all hang together properly. And that wasn't even the end of the season, so that means we've still got a big reveal coming up at the end....

(And re: Tate as comedian -- see my sig.)
                "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Not much Hitler in "Let's Kill Hitler". :P Makes you wonder what you'd do if you were in that situation though, knowing what his future is.
                  You poke her face.

Comment

Have I mentioned how much I love, adore and am completely obsessed with River Song? xD

This much. Yes, that cardboard cut-out is taller than I am. ;D I've written four fanfiction stories roughly around her and Eleven, the most recent one posted this morning (here if anyone's interested - LKH spoilers in the latest).

I seriously only started watching the show for her, as I'd been uninterested in seeing more of it than a few episodes here and there for years.
                    Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

YES. I love River so much it's not even funny. At first I wasn't so into River/Doctor because the only person I'd ever shipped with the Doctor was Romana, but . . . I don't know, it grew on me. A lot.

. . . And yeah, they shoved Hitler in a cupboard, fun. I remember watching the trailer and seeing Rory punch Hitler in the face and saying "This is going to be AWESOME." I did love it...

...but I had some problems with it - how did they deal with Hitler having seen the TARDIS, is one thing. And I know it's just wishful thinking and they never would have done it but why didn't they kill Hitler. Through that entire episode I was just thinking OMG KILL HIM oh no why didn't you kill him?
                      And . . . Amy and Rory didn't seem all that upset that Melody got taken, they just kind of chilled in Ledworth. I felt a bit like there wasn't enough genuine human emotion in this episode.
                      Also, this: "She's been brainwashed, it all makes sense to her. Plus she's a woman. Argh.

But the sheer awesome weirdness of Let's Kill Hitler was still cool, lol. "Let's see . . . you've got a time machine, I've got a gun. What the hell - let's kill Hitler!"

Comment

I should point out to those of you in the UK, that after the Beeb burns through the final two episodes of this season's Doctor Who, they'll pick up with the final three Sarah Jane Adventures stories (six episodes, they're airing the two parts of each story back-to-back Monday/Tuesday). Oh, and Merlin returns that week, too. Lots of goodies for folks who have the Beeb.

Sigh. It's always frustrated the crap out of me that SyFy only picked up S1 of SJA, and we never got the subsequent series here in the US.
                        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Also, Kathy, I asked Anjli Mohindra about the future of SJA and she said that there may yet be another series, without Lis, but they don't know yet.

Comment

That would be cool. But...

BBC - Doctor Who - The Sarah Jane Adventures - News & Features said:

"Contrary to press reports today we can confirm that no new episodes of The Sarah Jane Adventures will be filmed following the tragic death of actress Elisabeth Sladen in April, 2011. As a tribute to Elisabeth the six episodes that were recorded with her last year will be broadcast on CBBC at a date to be confirmed."
                            The Beeb issued the statement back in May. Pretty sure they wouldn't have done that if they were still trying to decide one way or the other.
                            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Kathy Li View Post
                              The Beeb issued the statement back in May. Pretty sure they wouldn't have done that if they were still trying to decide one way or the other.
                              Odd. I wonder how come Anjli thought otherwise, then. I took her word for it because she's main cast and I figured she'd know if she were to be losing the job. But Doctor Who Magazine this month has confirmed it, so I guess there really won't be. Ah, well. I didn't see quite how they'd do it without Lis anyway.

Comment

What does everyone think of the series finale?
                                You poke her face.

Comment

Working...
                                X