Dr. Who -- It's bigger on the inside!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dragon Writer View Post
    I knew I was in trouble the moment I saw the Lammas. I still don't regre listening to the song though - and now to share it with the world! Or just the catharsis forum.
    Llamas. regret.

Please watch the spell check *looks hopeful*

I'm not sure about Matt Smith. Then again, I wasn't sure about David Tennant until I saw him in Casanova. I'll have to go and watch some of his stuff before I make a final decision. That being said, it won't stop me from watching it. Its too much fun. Has anyone heard anything about companions, though?

I can't wait for the next round of novels to come out. I want to get Prisoner of the Daleks. Except that will mean that I am getting further behind in my collection.

Comment

Sorry - I get my laptop back Thursday. Until then, it's the touch screen. I still have to see a couple episodes, but all the same, I'm almost finished!
      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Alla: That was hilarious... I found it funny how it went to the truck. Is that important? I haven't seen the last episode so maybe that's why I am a little confused...

Yes I know, I haven't seen the last episode, *tear* I'm going to soon. Once I make it over to my bf's house.... Haha.
        Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
        Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
        It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
        Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

... That was from a couple seasons ago, before the doctor regenerated. They used the truck to open the doors to the heart of re tardis, remember?

I'll see the last episodes a they cone on BBC
          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”
            -Groucho Marx

Comment

YR: I haven't seen the older seasons before the last three episodes of season three and season 4. I know... I know.. I gotta see Chris Ekleson (SP?).

Alrighty then. Allonze?
              Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
              It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.

Comment

Just wanted to mention that the BBC has said they're going to air "Planet of the Dead" on Easter Sunday. And the SJA Red Nose Day special is supposed to be on today.
                New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Bumpity bump

So the Easter Special was on last weekend in the UK. Who's seen it? What did you think?

It was a good episode (fourth last with David Tennant :'(), but I found the end bit so sad, when the foreshadowing about what will be happening at the end of the year was done. The look on David Tennant's face was devastating. Its going to be so sad at the end of the year... I wonder if the Master will be back from the "he will knock four times..." quip.

I've also just purchased the novel 'Prisoner of the Daleks' it was fun. If anyone is pining for doctor who between the special episodes this year, I really recommend finding the novels and reading them

Comment

I watched the Easter Special. It was really good... but sad at the same time. I don't want to see David Tennant go, but I'm really excited about the new Doctor. It's going to be a bittersweet episode the day he regenerates. Let's just hope it's going to be good.

Comment

Just wanted to note that a) the BBC is going to be airing "The Waters of Mars" on 11/15, while the BBC America cable channel in the US is going to be airing it on December 19 (apparently Syfy lost out).

Haven't heard of a US airdate for the Christmas special, yet, or Seasons 2 & 3 of The Sarah Jane Adventures, blast it. Especially since David Tennant guest starred in episodes 5 & 6 of Season 3.

In other weird (slightly off-topic) news, SkyOne is going to be airing the next Discworld adaptation, Going Postal, on Easter 2010. No idea on a USA airdate (probably on ION, since they snagged the last two).

Oh, and we're only a few weeks behind the BBC on getting the second series of Cranford in January. Is it just me, or is having David Tennant hosting Masterpiece: Contemporary just a little strange? I cracked up at the online interview where he says that Laura Linney (who hosts Masterpiece: Classic) is secretly Scottish (the Masterpiece: Mystery! host is Alan Cumming). It's the clip labelled "On Hosting MASTERPIECE". I also love it that he gave a shout-out to his reception at Comic-Con:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK44RCF9tFM"]Doctor Who Panel Q&A: Comic-Con 2009 (1 of 4)[/ame]

Of note on other Whovian producer/writer types, the Terry Nation book/series Survivors is going to be hitting BBC America as well, and Stephen Moffatt & Mark Gatiss's modern take of Sherlock Holmes is coming up (probably next year) on the BBC. Given what Moffatt did with Jekyll, this should be fun.
                      Last edited by Kathy Li; November 9, 2009, 10:36:39 PM.
                      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Whoa...

Bumpbumpbump.

So. I believe it will be 5 years ago at the end of May that I joined these forums. And 5 years ago somebody, I don't even remember who, told me to watch Doctor Who. Whoever you were...5 years later, I am watching it. Just started today, with the beginning of the 9th Doctor.

Holy guacamole. I am way too into this show for someone who hasn't watched all that much of it. I blame you guys, for talking about it in the past, and me wandering into discussions about it on occasions. But anyway...thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by seabiscuit1009 View Post
                          5 years ago somebody, I don't even remember who, told me to watch Doctor Who. Whoever you were...5 years later, I am watching it. Just started today, with the beginning of the 9th Doctor.
                          First off, you are so going to love that show. It's terrific and I am, whoa, SO excited for season fnarg to start tomorrow (MOFF TIME YES.) Which is funny considering I was so NOT thrilled with Tennant leaving. ;.; I loved Nine, but Ten is My Doctor. However, I think I'm beginning to accept Matt Smith esp. because, hey, Moffat!

And secondly: it's amazing considering that this is a lit forum how influential it has been on my TV-watching tastes! I look back fondly on my first post in the Television thread (and, lo, how weird it is to go back and read Kathy talking about the end of Angel! And to think that at the time I had no idea who Joss Whedon was. And mentions of Wonderfalls and several other short-lived faves of mine...) The enduring good taste of the regulars to that thread is a terrific source of new TV!
                          Last edited by Birdhead; April 3, 2010, 06:47:23 AM.
                          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

"There's one thing you've got to understand about me, your life may depend on it one day... I am definitely a mad man with a box!"

I'm still in mourning for Tennant, but Matt Smith may heal me quickly. :-)

And was that River Song in the "Coming Soon" section?
                            "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Originally posted by seabiscuit1009 View Post
                              So. I believe it will be 5 years ago at the end of May that I joined these forums. And 5 years ago somebody, I don't even remember who, told me to watch Doctor Who. Whoever you were...5 years later, I am watching it. Just started today, with the beginning of the 9th Doctor.
                              "Run!"

"Go! To! Your! Room!"

"I just remembered. I can dance!"

"I'm the Doctor and if there's one thing I can do, it's talk."

"Coward. Every time."

Have fun. :-)
                              "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Originally posted by Garrett Fitzgerald View Post
                                And was that River Song in the "Coming Soon" section?
                                I thought it was, yeah! The Coming Soon was really VERY exciting although not too sure about weirdo vampire chix. Also the shot of the wedding dress at the end - like, haven't we already seen companions choose between the bf back home and the Doctor? And isn't that also a *really boring* idea? Insert quiet feminist scream.

"I just had a fall. All the way down there, right to the library. Hell of a climb back up."
                                "You're soaking wet."
                                "I was in the swimming pool."
                                "You said you were in the library."
                                "So was the swimming pool."
                                Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Working...
                                X