No announcement yet.

Do you play any instruments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm using Spot as my computer! And, I'm no "newbie" I was here 5 or 6 years ago... Live long and prosper! We all miss you Peter Murray! You are forever in our hearts!!!

Comment

Eventually I'll read this whole topic and find out what everyone else plays... but here's mine:

Primary: Saxophone

Secondary: voice/clarinet/flute

Other stuff I had to learn for my major: oboe/ bassoon/ percussion/ trumpet/ trombone/ horn/ euphonium/ piano/ violin/ cello.

Wahoo for music ed!
      2 Saxy 4 u 2 Handel...

Comment

I play piano for a choir and I take private lessons. I used to play viola in middle school. I was in the handbell choir in elementary school and I have been taught cello, violin, and bass.
        "These are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others."-Groucho Marx

"What is scientific fact? An oxymoron. Science does not deal in facts. It deals in hypotheses, which are never fully and finally correct."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Garrett Fitzgerald View Post
          I was accepted at Oberlin for their Double Degree program in clarinet and computers, but decided to go to Brown for the computers instead.
          Hey! I actually picked Oberlin! The College, though, not the Conservatory. I'm not good enough for that.

Regardless, I've been playing violin for eleven years, recorder for about ten, cello for about seven, and flute for maybe five. But I tend to dabble, if you can't tell. Violin is my primary instrument.

Comment

SeerowsKindness: You..are...going...to...play...in...Carnagie Hall!!?? YEEK. WOW.

*envies you very much and wishes I was that good*

Anyway, I've played piano for nine years now. Violin for four. The funny thing was, when I came out of my second piano lesson (when I was six years old), I told my mom, "I'm going to be a piano teacher." And I am, still. I've never wavered. Except in adding the ambition of being a performer as well.

I'm considering Oberlin for a college. How is it in terms of classes, etc?

Comment

Estar: Don't quit now I felt that way a few years ago but I'm really happy I didn't quit I love piano now. Plus there is so much you can do with piano, it is one of the most versatile instruments there is.
              "These are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others."-Groucho Marx

"What is scientific fact? An oxymoron. Science does not deal in facts. It deals in hypotheses, which are never fully and finally correct."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
              X