No announcement yet.

Do you play any instruments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I play flute/piccolo...well I played flute and played it for 7 years. I haven't touched my instrument since school started though because I don't have music this semester and I don't plan on taking anymore music classes if possible. My major requires so many biologies...I love music but I don't like playing the same boring stuff all the classes I end up taking have, I prefer challenging music and enjoy trying classical pieces.

Anywho, I had fun while I played and I was so-so at it. I plan on keeping up with playing as a sort of hobby. I wanted to learn piano and cello but I just never got around to it. I focused more on school than trying new things regretably. Maybe after college I will try other intsruments.

Sorry if I just went off on some random tangent but yes I play an instrument.
    Just my luck, they ran out of cookies again!

I have a demon cat that was spawned from Satan.

Comment

Cress- Don't worry, I wasn't offended.

I love my private violin teacher. He plays with me, so I can hear how it's supposed to sound, and he does fingerings for me and all sorts of good stuff. He's very funny, too. I go to his house, which is like two seconds away from mine. His son goes to my school (he's a year older than me), so he's really involved with the school orchestra too.

I wish I could sing well. I sing all the time (at home, I never sing in front of anyone aside from my own family) but I'm pretty awful. You guys are so lucky to have good voices... *sighs*
      --I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!

Comment

I see above that I claimed to play through 1999. Well, last year I joined the Brewer Hometown Band, and I've been playing regularly again. This summer, I get to play "Flight of the Bumblebee" -- I hope I can learn do it faster than people can keep up with me. ;-)

I also played with the Sebasticook Valley Community Band at the Shrine Circus -- that was fun. My brother-in-law came around in his Dopey costume, grabbed a pen, and started "conducting". He plays trumpet, so he probably could have led us had he actually wanted to. :-)

I like playing bass and contrabass clarinet too: if I win Powerball tonight, those will be high on my list to buy.
        "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Interesting... I didn't know this thread existed. Well, I play guitar. I took a two-week course two years ago, but I ended up stopping after a while, because I wasn't that good. I started again during January, and somehow I managed to get experience by not doing anything (I was one of the best guitarists in the course), so I'm going to continue it now. I mentioned it before, but I'm going to play a bit during a French play on Le petit prince.
          "If his grin was any wider the top of his head would have fallen off"
          -Terry Pratchett
          Candyman Jr, Master Procrastinator, Joe Green, Vashmata, Master of Technology

Comment

I play the piano, have been since... 5th grade? I can't remember when. But I'm not like wicked good... I just play it when I need to destress or something like that! Haha.

I'm teaching myself to play "Listen To Your Heart"... it's going well.
            Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
            Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
            It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
            Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

I play piano...though not well. But since I type a lot, and play piano whenever I'm bored, my fingers get sore very easily...
              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Cello for 6 years now
                Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                ------------------------------------------------------------
                "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

I've played clarinet for.....seven years now, and sax for four years. I used to play piano, but then my teacher moved away, adn I never really liked it that much anyway, so I just quit. Sometimes I wish I hadn't, but I don't really want to pick it up again (mostly because I don't want to re-learn bass clef).
                  Worlds biggest fangirl...future star of broadway...dictionary for the forum...in love with way to may fictional characters...You can call me Nate, everyone else does...I wonder if, when I finish my book, I'll have an awesome website with cool forums

Comment

I had been learning piano from my grandmother.... I didn't want to, though, so I never practiced, and I lost all interest that I may have had after a few months.

Also, something I WANTED to do (and did do) was to have guitar lessons from the guitar teacher at the music shop my dad owned. But the shop wasn't doing well and went out of business before I could learn too much.
                    "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

That's too bad.

I finally printed out the sheet music for my favorite songs today, because my parents were bugging me about learning piano "the right way." (I'd been learning by several free online video tutorials, but I guess I'll go back to teaching myself to read music...) The online things were more fun, though. And much easier.
                      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

I played the piano for...about six years, but I had to stop because I had too many things in my schedule. I have now played the flute for eight years. For one year I was in the jazz band, and for three and counting I was in the marching band.
                        Shoot for the moon. If you miss, at least you'll be among the stars. ~ Les Brown

Comment

I play Bassoon! Woohoo!
                          Here's a llama, there's a llama, and another little llama, fuzzy llama, funny llama, llama llama duck!

Comment

In school, I play the Bass Clairnet but I can also play the Flute. I wont say how long I have been playing, it is kind of embarrsing. My band went to nationals in Chicago in early May and we won first place. I also got a excepted into Blue Lake International for the clairnet but couldn't go becuase I couldn't pay for it. In three days, I'm going to Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp for my second year and on the Bass Clairnet.
                            Sorry, that was a bit off topic.
                            "This is our shame-
                            this is the whole Ocean's glory:
                            this is the Song of the Twelve." (DW 316)

Comment

I have played piano, flute, and viola. Currently I am singing , in an opera.
                              “I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”
                              -Groucho Marx

Comment

I think I'm actually starting to get decent at piano again. I quit and then started jazz piano, then I quit that and went back to classical (with large gaps between each of these events) and I'm starting to play some really cool stuff. Inventions are insane!! I'm playing a rag right now that's extremely hard, and Tsaichovsky. I don't know if I spelled that right. But I got a new piano this year. It's a baby grand and I adore it. It's my baby, and it sounds about a million times better than my old piano which was my grandma's.
                                The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                                I promise not to funfun anymore
                                Be happy cause life is good

Comment

Working...
                                X