Google Wave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Wave

Just curious as to if anyone here has heard of it - or wants it. I have two invites left, and - since everyone who gets an invite currently has eight invites of their own, at least until google decides it has enough again - it's pretty easy to spread across a forum. ((And so much more fun when others are on it!))

If you already have it - what do you think? I'm still getting used to it, myself.

Edit:

The YW wave is not public. If we all choose to do so, we might later make it that way - for now, the way to get in, is to be added by someone already in the YW wave.

Anyone interested just pm me their wave address, and I'll add them on.
    Last edited by Dragon Writer; December 1, 2009, 01:55:09 PM.
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

I'll take an invite -- sarekofvulcan@gmail.com. I don't know how much I'll use it until I try it -- it looks interesting, but it also looks like it could be a major timesink. :-)
    "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

I also have some invites left over (like 4) and would be happy to share them as well. Haven't played with it too much, but it's definitely interesting. Maybe a good place for some Google Chrome OS discussion....

EDIT: Just sent amethystpen one. 3 left
      Last edited by moonwaves182; November 29, 2009, 05:44:41 PM.

Comment

Yuck, on google chrome - i'd like it, but there's one problem... it doesn't give access to the google toolbar. **headdesk.**
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

chrome

what's in the google toolbar that's not in google chrome?

I'd like a wave invite if you have a spare one - EDIT: I got one, thanks.
          Last edited by SpacePen; November 29, 2009, 02:19:18 AM. Reason: forgot to add key point

Comment

I'll take an invite if there are still any available. Looks interesting. Email is Alison.Troup@gmail.com

I've really liked google chrome when I've used it. It just seemed to work nicely. I never really liked using the search engine toolbars.

Comment

Google Wave

If you(or anyone) has any invites left, I'd love to try out Google Wave. Can you just PM me or something and I'll send you my email address?
              Thank you Dragon Writer, Mousey, and moonwaves182!
              I've got a Google Wave account. If anyone wants, I'll invite them. I have 3 invites left for anyone that wants. You can PM me or post here.
              Last edited by Amethystpen; November 29, 2009, 07:39:05 PM.

Comment

I've only got two - ((sorry amythiest)) but - since everyone who gets an invite gets eight invites, or will get invites in the future, we'll eventually get through the entire list.

One recommendation - if anyone gives an invite, or gets one, edit it into the post, so no one will send you one.

Garette, and Spacepen, you should both be getting invites in a few days.

I'll have more eventually, too - though i'll have to use up a couple on my artists, for my webcomic. ((We're going too slowly to need it right now, and i'd already promised some here.))

And i love google tool bar for the bookmarks, which i can use on any computer - also, the gadgets that take me directly to wave, gmail, and youtube. Sidwewiki is alright, autofill is rarely needed, the face book adget is sort of cool... basically, i lose too much changing.

You can _also_ currently request an invite directly from google, while they're taking them - however, it requires doing a brief form, and ((while i'm uncertain)) i suspect there's probably a bit more of a screening. Getting nominated from a member pretty much just means you're going to get an invite, so long as there's room - they want the members to have friends on, otherwise they won't use the thing, and google can't gather any information.

Edit: With thanks to Mousey, Alla and Amthyest have been nominated. You'll get invites in a few days. :P
                Last edited by Dragon Writer; November 28, 2009, 05:13:12 PM.

Comment

so...

so would it be good then to start a "YW" wave - that is, a single wave where anyone who nominates someone from YW forums then adds that person to the wave (when they appear) so we can all add each other as contacts... and make the whole thing more useful!

Comment

Actually, i did that this morning.

When i started this on catharsis, someone else had the idea - so, here, I created a YW wave - no one's responded yet, but a bunch of people are already on it. Just added you on, unless I'm mistaken on that comment - and I added Emotey! ((That's a bot which turns ":"+")" into .))
                    Last edited by Dragon Writer; November 29, 2009, 03:38:39 AM.

Comment

Thanks for that I won't be able to play with it very much for a week or so - I'm still travelling, so its all internet cafes (I'm in a laundromat at the moment, actually), and iTouch WiFi. I'll definitely jump on a YW wave if/when I can figure it out.

Comment

Added you too it, assuming i got the right thing - i think the only way to really get the hang of google wave is just by waving. Or watching countless videos. Or both!

Comment

How can I join the wave for YW? I haven't really played around with it to much, so I haven't a clue as to what I'm doing on it XD

Comment

Send me your wave address - one of us has to add you in, by putting you in contacts. It's either that, or making it public.

Comment

i saw it it looks kinda cool, Google wave

Comment

Working...
                              X