Siblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only have one sister............... but thats quite enough

I'm the oldest *sarcastic voice* yipeee!!!

My sister is 10 years old although she acts like a seven year old. Actually, seven year olds are mature compared to her. Right now she's having a hissy fit because she wanted to go outside and its raining. Very mature............. not!!

That was after she yelled for the whole neighbourhood to hear "It's raining". As if we didn't know.

I am not kidding about all this. But I love her..... After all she is my sister.

Comment

I'm the youngest of three - I have two older sisters, 2 and 5 years older than me. How they felt about me as a child I don't know... I varied between quiet, hyper and moody-teenager-ish (we are talking a large time here). I often say that I started to get on a lot better with my elder sister when she left home for college, though it's more than I agrew up a lot that year than absence making the heart fonder.
      Being the youngest has it's good side, namely precedent. Battles fought and won by my elder sisters can automatically be invoked by me. (e.g. my sister got a car just before she went to uni, so my parnets pay for all my train travel to/from uni... I also got the cost of a visit to a Candian penfriend paid as a 21st present because my middle sister got to go to Malaysia for her 21st).
      Nowadays I get on well with both my sisters... my elder sister is out the country a lot, but alway visits when she's in the country, while I talk with middle sister every fortnight or so while at uni, and meet up often when at home.

I think the trick to getting on with siblings (esp. younger ones) is to remember they are a different age to you (!), and therefor will not act like your friends do. (Also, try and remember how you were at that age...)
      "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

Originally posted by Wilf:
        (Also, try and remember how you were at that age...)
        Actually, I was and still am a lot more mature than my sister was/is. My parents think so too (I overheard them talking)

But I'm not going to go on about that........... just putting in my thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by Cassi:
          <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wilf:
          (Also, try and remember how you were at that age...)
          Actually, I was and still am a lot more mature than my sister was/is. My parents think so too (I overheard them talking)

But I'm not going to go on about that........... just putting in my thoughts </div>[quote]

OK, by "age", read "mental age" :-) ... people grow up at different rates.
          "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

I have the evilest sister everrrrrrrr! Nobody can top her evilness. She is so crazy. When I'm sleeping she comes in a rearanges my room. I mean seriously moves my little figurines around and switches my posters from one side of the room to the other.Isn't that like a sign of a serial killer? And she's only 9...or wait 10 I don't really remember. Oh and if I you know just lightly hit her (she deserves it of course cause she rearanges my stuff!)she starts crying like a two year old. Ughhhh I can't wait to get out of the house and away from her! Wow that whole thing makes me seem really mean. I'm not. My sister says I am. So anybody else with truly evil sisters?

Comment

Originally posted by Chaylah:
              And she's only 9...or wait 10 I don't really remember.
              My eldest sister is five yeras older than me, and she told people I was 7 until I started secondry school (aged 11)... when people commented on the size of the gap, she didn't think much of it.
              I'm fairly certain she knows how old I am now... though I have to think hard about how odl she is 9and how old I am at times :-) )

Comment

I have only one younger brother and he and I are about 18 months apart and at times we absolutely HATE each other. We have the full blown and later regretted screaming matches over who took whose last soda or nasty, bloody battles over who would control the remote. Other times my brother and I can be so fiercely loyal to one another, entirely willing to do anything for each other. However most days we're pretty much just pretty... friend-like to each other,talking like there's absolutley nothing else we'd rater be doing. It's only when one of us is threatned or pissed off at the other that the sibling bonds really start to show.

Comment

Working...
                X