YW support groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lisa:
    Please don't ostracize me for saying that...or worse, ban me completely...
    Lisa! What do you think we are? I don't hate people because their views are different. *HUGGLES* And besides, we're not all atheist.

I think, generally, there's not too much you can do about bullies. Usually they're not consciously thinking, "lets bully this kid!" or whatever. When Joe is a bully, it's a different situation because I can get everyone to turn on him. On top of that, I can stand up to him. Often it doesn't work like that.

You definitely don't want to act insecure or intimidated. Which would mean use eye contact, stand up straighter (with shoulders back), and don't cross your arms in front of you. That won't get rid of all of the problem, but you're less likely to be a target.
    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Sometimes bullies hurt you because they don't know what else to do. They're scared and can't find their place, so sometimes people try different roles to figure out what works.

I know this because I used to bully people. And now I hate myself for doing that. It wasn't right, it was an awful, mean, and horrible thing for me to do. I wanted to see what other people got out of it, and the truth is...

You don't get much out of it. At least I didn't. One of the best ways to deal with bullies is not to back down. Some bullies feed on your weakness and make you feel worse.

On the religion thing...

Personally, I don't like to talk about my beliefs because I haven't really decided everything yet. I have no problems with other religions, as long as you don't try to drag me into your churches or temples or whatever.
      "The Pointy Stick of Doom!" ~Sharklord
      "It's a duckbutt. AMAZING." ~ Andy from Anime Club, talking about Sasuke's hair

Comment

I have no problems with other religions, as long as you don't try to drag me into your churches or temples or whatever.
        Yes, Artemis, I agree emphatically - as long as people don't try to convert me or otherwise force it on me, then what they believe doesn't really matter to me at all. I don't often understand it, but as long as it doesn't interfere with my life and the relationship I have with the person, I completely respect it.

Unless other people bring it up first, I almost never think about religion/god/beliefs/etc one way or the other anymore.

Personally, I don't like to talk about my beliefs because I haven't really decided everything yet.
        I was the opposite, before I figured out my lack of belief. I wanted to talk about religion with everyone, to figure out what they believed and why they believed it, and to express my thoughts on the subject. I find it interesting to see someone having exactly the opposite reaction. Good luck in figuring it out!

Anna

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa:
          ...I'd like someone to pray for me.
          I'll keep you in my prayers. *huggles*

My school friends and I don't disagree on religion much, seeing as we go to a Christian school. The only close friend I have outside of school is Catholic, which isn't far off from my own beliefs. In politics, though, my views often differ much from those of my friends, except for Lovey and Zach.

I'm not much of a help with school things, but I can help with anything anyone needs me for. Or at least try.
          <3
          the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

I don't really know what to do about bullies. I had many of my own, who made my life poisonous every day from kindergarden to 6th grade. Then I was forced to change schools by my parents, where I got more bullies, who didn't pass middle school, so I left them behind last September. I'm not really any help, it seems like I just keep running from them, but it's not my fault I'm running...does that make sense?

Religion...I prefer not to get into it, because I can't explain how I believe in what I believe...I'm roman catholic, but I don't know...maybe if I'd just stayed in Catholic schools, I wouldn't be this confused about what I believe in...but I hated Catholic school, all the kids there hated me...

I'm pretty tolerant with different religions, just as long as nobody tries to convert me to their religion. I don't like how some kids at school come up to me and tell me to join a Satanic cult thing that they belong to...it's annoying...for now, I'm sticking with Catholicism...

Lisa, good luck with your dad. We're here for you if you need us.

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

Well, you have to realize that the religion Satanism isn't anti-Christian and Satanic people don't usually worhip any diety, let alone one called Satan. There's more information from wikipedia:
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanism
              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

well, i know i'm very late on the uptake, but Lisa, i'll pray for you. regardless of wether or not it already happened. whether or not it got worse, ill pray for a bit for ya.

just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

Well i'm good for general advice i've dealt with bullies, problems at home,problems with friends...

I'm not that good with homework help I'm knowledgeable in science...Well a little bit anyway.

Even if I don't have any advice to offer I'm always ready to listen. People can email me or send me a private message. ( I think this forum has a private message function).
                  ---------------------------------------
                  YW Chat room link. http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/ Type in nickname and #youngwizards for channel.
                  "in remembrance of Peter Murray,5/16/06,dai stiho

Comment

Here is my problem that I stated in Cedric:
                     <short ramble>I really like this guy named Ross but I don't think he likes me like I like him and I want to ask him out but I don't think that he would say yes and I am scared that he will say no and I don't want him to say no just because he likes D_D better but I don't know what to do....</short ramble>

Edited to fix problem when pasting from Chime into the forums. Note for those who don't use chat: D_D is Drumming_Dairine, not Diane Duane! - Peter

I would just like to not waste DD's money and use another post for this but...D_D(Drumming_Dairine) knows that he likes her... He has a xanga site and he thinks that he hurt my feelings when D_D told him in AIM: "KT says she loves you"

Comment

This is a great idea! My friends have come to me quite often asking for advice and I would be more than happy to help anyone who needs it!

Monkey, I've been in your position quite a few times.
                      A lot of my guy friends have come to me asking for advice with girls, and sometimes they'll say. "I wish they would just tell me they were interested." I think you need to go with what you think is the right thing to do. You can tell him,which will take a great amount of courage, I know. But why wait for him to come to you? You could be chasing after him forever, and if he turns out to like this other girl, it could hurt worse. But,you need to do what feels right in your gut.

I apologize if this is nothing more than me rambling on, and isn't helping at all.
                      "All Death Eaters must be proficient in the Dark Arts: murder, Unforgivable Curses, yodeling etc."
                      -So You Want to be a Death Eater

----------------------
                      'Creator of Sonderwear'
                      -----------------------

Comment

Working...
                      X