YW support groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YW support groups

I had an idea. I know a lot of YW members that are GREAT at giving advice, and some of us have some common problems. If you feel comfortable talking about your problems (parents, relationships, school, whatever) maybe you can post them here and others can give advice or something. Of course, you need to remember that if you have a serious problem you should talk to an adult about it. (Parent, guidance counselor, pastor/priest, therapist, etc) What do you guys think?
    ~Rachel

That sounds like an great idea!!!! I personally don't have many serious problems, life is good for me! But I'd love to try to help people out even if I don't have any firsthand experience about stuff like that.
    The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
    I promise not to funfun anymore
    Be happy cause life is good

Comment

*raises hand up* Seconded.

Imagine all the potential. Now I can't get the idea of something like
      "Dear Abby" but like "Dear Fellow YW Members....."

:headdesk: :headdesk: :headdesk: *Look at all the stars...*

I'm not entirely a group person myself, but I'm interested. I'm just asking: do you literally mean IN THIS TOPIC, or others? Each topic devoted to one topic, or you do you mean in several other topics?

Oh, D'OH. *looks above* I'm not even sure what the above means anymore.

Are we going to discuss them HERE, or in other topics? Or will we have a topic for each of them???

*better*

Edit: *cries* Cress got ahead of me!!! Oh well. FUNFUNFUN.

Comment

I love that idea! It'd be easier to talk to people here about problems since we're (more or less) the same age group. All the problems I have so far are school problems (ie math and how to participate minimally in phys-ed but still get honours) but I'd be happy to help others. Preferably homework questions, since I don't have much experience with social problems, and I don't exactly have very good social skills.
        I think we should find a place where it isn't so hard to get to, or post a link somewhere or something like that.
        Or even better, maybe it'd be easier on some people to just message their problems? Some people like privacy, even if their problems shouldn't be that serious that they'd need it.
        -Tell me and I may remember; show me and I'll understand; involve me and I'll never forget. Thank you, PM. Your light lives on.

Comment

I'll help people with just about everything. I can do social problems, homework, and even help with picking out music, but... well, not everyone likes what I like, but if you don't, your music SUCKS! (*ducks and runs* I'm just kidding, of course!)

Yeah, I need help coming up with something for a science fair project. I'll have to get my topic aproved by a teacher, and I can do that during the summer (as suggested so I can collect data early if I need it). Also, I have NO idea what I want to do as a career, but I think that would be a harder topic to find a solution for.
          Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Sounds like a great idea! I'd be happy to help anyone, I don't usually have too many problems of my own, so if anyone wants to ask me, just ask away!

Science fair project? How complex does it have to be? You could always do a volcano or something, with bicarb soda and vinegar and make it a strato-volcano by blocking off the vent so that when it goes bang, it really does Or you could model Mt. St. Helen's I've never done a science fair. Career wise, how soon do you have to choose?

Alla

Comment

Gryph is good at giving math advice. (Although I usually don't want to hear it. Cause....I HATE MATH!)
              This topic is definitely a good idea, there was actually one like it before. (It might be archived by now.) It was called emergency, or something like that in the Chatter if anyone really wants to check it out.
              penguins will rule the world.

Comment

I think it's a good idea. Most of us don't know eachother in real life, so this way, we don't have to see eachother on the street and be like "Oh, I just told so-and-so my problems, maybe they're going to tell the whole school." It's a little more anonymous than asking your friends at school, who can ridicule you for stupid mistakes *mutters at former friends* Anyway, I have no problems right now. Wow, that's a first in awhile.

Gryphon: My science fairs all stunk, and I don't have to do one this year because I opted out of advanced Biology to take the normal course (I hate science, so it is a good idea...also I can focus more on my A.P. History class.) I had a really good idea after I finished my project, but now I don't remember it. I should remember...I'll think on it...

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

Oh, you don't want to do a good science project.. I won in 3rd grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade... all were different variations of the same project :P but, man, everyone hated me afterwards, they were all like, well, if you hadnt won then i would have.. when they hadn't even placed ! grrr, well, such is life.. I think this would be a cool idea, im semi-good in school stuff, at least im in IB, so m supposed to be i looove math, so i'll try to help, but dont be mad if im not in a high enough math class to understand anything :P I think i give ok advise, but, how can I tell :P well, I can think of any real problems I have right now... but, this is still an awsome idea

Comment

I had a really boring science fair project because we were only allowed to do Life Science. About half the class grew plants. My suggestion is to do something with either light or the human eye. Those are my FAVORITE topics ever. I did a project on light in 1st grade that was really fun. I learned about prisms. And in 5th grade I did one about the eye and light, with cones and rods. Anyone remember which is which, cause I don't?
                    The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                    I promise not to funfun anymore
                    Be happy cause life is good

Comment

Tatiana:
                      Oh, you don't want to do a good science project..
                      Actually I do... This isn't really a science fair; it's for a grade, and the teachers won't accept your topic if it's nothing special.

I always do stuff with plants. Like last year I grew beans or something with tap water, spring water, and water from the... creek. At first, tap grew faster, then spring caught up. The creek water was poluted, and the plants that got that didn't grow at all.
                      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Great Idea, its sort of happened in a few other topics but now if this topic remains open we have somewhere deffinant to come and chat about problems! Good idea, Im with Cress though. I really dont have many problems but if i can help a few others then I will pop in every so oftern and if god forbids i have a problem i know where to come.
                        Fox
                        God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

I'm in serious need of support...dad...

Support ideas: Listen to me. I believe in God, the Christian God. I know a lot of you aren't Christian, but if any of you would like someone to pray for you, I will. It sounds kind of strange, but I know God can help, and I know that right now, I'd like someone to pray for me.

Please don't ostracize me for saying that...or worse, ban me completely...

I won't go into the details of my problem with my dad, but I know I have regular problems at school, like annoying kids, bullies (though I've come a long way with that; I'm almost friends with the boy who's the main problem. I signed his yearbook and he didn't insult me!), and grades. I'll be here to provide moral, ethical, and spiritual support anytime!
                          Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
                          "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
                          "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

I hope you don't think that just because a person doesn't believe in god or in the same god as you, they'll automatically dislike you or ostracize you for what you believe. As a non-Christian, I can tell you that in many cases, in fact I'm sure in most cases, this is not true. I've had many religious friends over the years, Christian and otherwise, and it's just one subject we happen to disagree about, that's all.

I'm sorry that you - or anyone - would think that you might be ostracized because of your religion, particularly in such an open group of people that we have here. I find that sad, in the sense of, well, actual sorrow.

I'm sure other people here agree with me in this: regardless of whether or not I share your beliefs, I respect your beliefs and what they mean to you.

I can't offer prayer, since I don't believe that me praying from however far away from you I am will do any good, but I can certainly offer my support and good wishes, as well as being a willing listener, when people feel like sharing their problems, and offering any suggestions and advice I might have.

Lisa, I hope whatever problems you're having with your dad get resolved, or at least get better, and if you ever do feel like going into the details, know that we'll listen (or, well, read) and we care. That's what this topic is for.

Anna

Comment

I'm with bluesalamanders, I don't care what you believe in... Because thats what YOU believe in, I don't have to believe the same thing, but that doesn't mean i should have problems with anyone who isn't like me :P They just believe something else, so what, thats their thing... It's the same with me at school, only with politics :P ... Many *cough*almost all *cough* of my friends are republican.. its really annoying trying to talk about why Bush sucks.. cause they don't believe it.. So we just don't talk about whether Bush is an idiot or not :P But, people shouldnt care if someone has a different belief, as long as they aren't trying to forcefull change your belief, don't try to do it to them :P I might only believe a little in god (i cant make up my mind about religion) but, it's cool that people do what they think will help, even if i don't think it will :P I hope your problems work out Lisa, you never have to fear of being osracised (srry, cant spell :P ) by me, its fun having friends who think differently than you :P

Comment

Working...
                              X