X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*LOL*
    I wanna see someone get hypnotized!!!! :needcoffe:

__________________________________________________ ______________

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk becase they have to say something.

"If you think me to be your enemy, command me, and I will gladly take my life"
    "Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"
    Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

*Agent~M*
      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
      "I could live

Comment

LOL

I totally believe that!

"If you think me to be your enemy, command me, and I will gladly take my life"
        "Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"
        Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
        ------------------------------------------------------------
        "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

I acknowlege the clinical uses of hypnosis, the fact that it can be used to relax, and I'll also admit that some people may fall deeper into hypnosis than others. However, anything to the extent of "The Curse Of The Jade Scorpion" (Woody Allen, Helen Hunt) is not true. You just can't get people to do things they don't want to do. I'm also skeptical of some of the effects they had in "Stir Of Echoes" (Kevin Bacon), and I mean aside from the ghosts and stuff. I don't think you can put someone under and do freaky things to them with a needle.

Someone tried to hypnotize me once, and it just didn't work. Maybe if I had been tired, I don't know. It could have worked, maybe. I didn't go under, and I got bored, wondering how long it would take, blah blah blah.

Anyway, it doesn't work on me.

--Dai Stihó

ha (hä) interj. [echoic] an exclamation variously expressing wonder, surprise, anger, triumph, etc.: repeated (ha-han. the sound of this exclamation or of a laugh
          -Webster's New World Dictionary of the American Language, Second College Edition

Comment

Did you know that ppl use hypnosis to get rid of fears of spiders? These fears aren't normal. These are ppl who won't go outside in the summer because they are so afraid. They say it works for 80% of the ppl who try it. The way they test to see if it works is at the end of the hypnosis they make them hold a gigantic tarantula.
            I've made my friend fall asleep by hypnotism. U slowly move your hand in odd ways until their eyes get tired. It's really fun!

The monkey made me do it!
            ~Z~
            penguins will rule the world.

Comment

I always thought hypnosis was rather like outside-induced meditation, myself. Or meditation was like self-induced hypnosis, whichever suits you better. That which isn't may be the result of a placebo-esque effect, no? *ducks*

I am Lionfish. HEAR ME ROA-- ....um, bubble. Blub, blub. *sweatdrop*

If you can't spell my name, go ahead and call me semi or S-chan. I don't mind, really.

Comment

Pretty much, but in meditation no suggestions are given, in hypnosis the whole procedure is based on getting the subconsious mind to respond to suggestion. and z girl, did u move ur hand or just have her ixate, they can have differenf affects

Comment

Hypnosis? It must be true to some extent. I heard it can be used for psychology patients and criminals, but poeple can just learn it? That's kind of unnerving. It woiuld be cool to see, but I'd never let anyone do it to me.

Calliope, the Muse of poetry and song
                  http://lonestarlight.blogdrive.com
                  Metaphors be with you.

Comment

but the thing is YOU could learn it, and bring yourself out of a trance

Comment

I think that it can be safe in the right hands but very dangerous in others just imagine if there was a tolal cycopath out there with the ablity to conrol minds. I'd be afraid to live my house.

*Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
                      *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
                      *Many have come and gone so we need to leave a ripple before this planet is washed away- Devin
                      *Many have come and gone but few are here to stay-Devin
                      *Life is a book, all thats good is when one is in suspense-Devin
                      *Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
                      *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
                      *Many have come and go

Comment

But Hypnosis isn't mind control. it's a different entity unto itself

Comment

Well its strong sujestion. Give me a deffention

*Many have come and gone so we need to leave a ripple before this planet is washed away- Devin
                          *Many have come and go

Comment

Definition-A relaxed state of mind where a person is more susceptible to suggestion, often characterized by various hypnotic phenomena.

description- NOT MIND CONTROL. similar to externally stimulated suggestive meditation, ur free to ignore anything

[This message was edited by Ali on 18 March 2004 at 19:18.]

Comment

OK OK sorry I can't seme to do anything right.

*Many have come and go

Comment

sorry, i'm a little passionate about the subject, lol

Comment

Working...
                                X