• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Believe in hypnosis?

How many out there believe, or have a mild interest, in hypnosis

How many out there believe, or have a mild interest, in hypnosis

Comment

Yup. I believe in it. I know a guy who used to smoke but then he was hypnotized and he was told never to smoke again, he hasn't smoked since! But only certain people can be hypnotized I'm pretty sure.

*Agent~M*

"Thank you Jack" "Your welcome" "No not you, we named the monkey Jack" -Pirates of the Caribbean
      "To youth and freedom!" A popular pirates toast.
      *Agent~M*
      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
      "I could live

Comment

Weird. I studied it for one year, and I could get people to do some weird things...not natural. I dunno, they said I was hoaxing, but it didn't seem that way to me. Ersatz...Fake...False...Permanent...Artificial...H oax...Crap... All that kinda stuff. But it's real. I think. I hope.

brokencello
        the crinkled paper bag
        "Life isn't like the movies, Toto."
        --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
        brokencello
        the crinkled paper bag
        "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

If you could get them to do unnatural things, why would they say you were hoaxing? And what did you get them to do? And what sort of "them" are they, weak-willed or the like?

Comment

Questions questions patience patience But all of the above questions I'd like to ask to, please oh wise bc tell us?

*Agent~M*

"Thank you Jack" "Your welcome" "No not you, we named the monkey Jack" -Pirates of the Caribbean
            "To youth and freedom!" A popular pirates toast.
            *Agent~M*
            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
            "I could live

Comment

I didn't think there was anything to believe/disbelieve about it.... I understand that it exists and can be used for various purposes, some "worthy," some not-so-worthy. But I picked *YAWN* because, well, I don't care.
              T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
              Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
              Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
              Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Ok. I can make people:
                a) be stuck to the ground
                b) fall
                c) walk
                d) raise arms
                e) fall in love once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was scary
                I can read palms and do Tarot some days...cards...tea leaves.
                They said it was a hoax because they didn't believe in hypnosis. And some were weak, others strong. The worst one was falling in love. She kept thinking about HIM, and I was like, Stop stop! Have you all read Tithe and...Ha! seen Schindler's list?

brokencello
                the crinkled paper bag
                brokencello
                the crinkled paper bag
                "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

I recently read something about hypnosis. Basically, it said that hypnosis is real, but not to the extent that some think. It merely makes people more open to suggestions, and more willing to do what you suggest to them.

"Food for thought requires a mind with teeth" Vollys the dragon, "The Two Princesses of Bamarre"
                  "Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!" Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
                  WHO CARES IF LEGOLAS IS GIRLY OR NOT???
                  Nurse Foxtail has returned!!!

Comment

Ditto.
                    Unnatural
                    Back from Dead
                    Quiet
                    Spirits
                    In my Head
                    Watched her
                    Turn you
                    Round and Round
                    Then fell
                    Face flat
                    Upon the Ground
                    Unnatural
                    Back from the dead
                    Quiet
                    Spirits
                    In my head

brokencello
                    the crinkled paper bag
                    brokencello
                    the crinkled paper bag

Comment

ok, sorry it took me a while 2 get back, but oh well. everyone can be hypnotised, just not always to the same degree, and no u don't have to be weak willed, just have a good imagination and be able to relax, second, u can't be made to do nething u wouldn't already do, so if ur worried dun be it's not magic, just psychology and the unconcious muind

Comment

Having seen a hypnosis show, and knowing the people who took part, I have to say I believe in it. I was exteremely scetpical going in, and rather covinced going out - and I am not an easisly swayed on anything. (It's not a fault, it's a feature )

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation
                        "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

Sure, I believe in it. Why not? But I would never agree to be hypnotized. I'm afraid of what would be done to me.

\\ d o w n w a r d | i n c l i n e //
                          in my field of paper flowers

Comment

Ohh I saw this thing on discovery channel about hypnosis. Police Officers used it to solve a murder mystery. And it was really cool because it was a true thing!

The monkey made me do it!
                            ~Z~
                            penguins will rule the world.

Comment

*Agent~M*
                              "I could live

Comment

Working...
                              X