No announcement yet.

user names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pulled mine from the air when I was signing up for a quizilla account. I liked it enough to use it again. I used to go by slowuptime, which was me just trying to be clever one day, but someone made a really hurtful joke with it once and it's left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth ever since. Plus, people tend to shorten it to 'slow,' and while people who know me know I'm not unless I'm tired, it's frustrating when people don't look at my screen name and ask why people are calling me slow.

Comment

I've been through several usernames, and very rarely were they based off my various RL nicknames. I was here a couple years ago as Jedi-Pirate-Wizard or some variation of that. The reasoning was as follows; I've loved Star Wars since I was nine for the Jedi part was natural, my friends and I were really into the Pirates movies at the time, and I thought I should have wizard in there somewhere since I was on a YW site. And thus JPW was born.

My current username here is a variation of my email account, which is knight.of.ink. Basically it's a reference to the the quote "The Pen is mightier than the Sword." Basically proclaiming me as a knight with a pen rather than a sword, seeing as I'm a writer.

I've also been Aden, Winged-Jedi, Twin_Saber, Darth-Oblivious, and many others.
      Duct tape is like the Force. It has a Light Side, a Dark Side, and it binds the Universe together.
      "Oh. So...what, you liked it 'cause it was shiny?" - Logan Cale
      "I'm sixteen. Of course I'm hungry." - Ben Skywalker

Comment

SilveredBlue: Yay, another person who likes the Keys to the Kingdom series!

Garrett: It's too bad that SPOCK was taken, but Sarek is cool too!

My username is what my little sister used to call me, before she could pronounce my name - my name is Kaitlynn. It was the first thing I thought up when I joined the forums, and it stuck pretty well.

On other websites, I sometimes go by YoungWizardOnDuty or TechnoPoet, or variants of those, depending on the websites' character limits.
        Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Mine's a fairly obvious reference to Animorphs, if you've read the series. Actually, in the context of the books, Seerow's Kindness is a pretty negative thing. Seerow was an alien who brought space-going technology to another race of aliens who happened to be parasitic, and released them on the galaxy. Seerow's Kindness is that act.

I picked it mainly because it's a reference to Animorphs that you won't get unless you've read the books and because it sounds vaguely cool. And also Seerow's Kindness wasn't a completely negative thing - he had compassion for others. So that's an interesting angle to consider.

Comment

I got the nickname from my grandfather. My real name's Dorothy (which means Gift from God). He liked to say it in the Portuguese way though (he was a missionary in Brazil for a long time), it would be "doe-rroe-THAY-ah" with the "th" really short and almost like a "d." And I always spelled it that way, because that was the way I "saw" it. It's quite a singular name, in the US, if you're a young person, which is both annoying and a good thing at the same time. In this case, a good thing, especially if you need a unique username.
            So that's basically my username everywhere, with slight variations.

Comment

My username is my initials sounded out. el= L, ze=Z, fa= F. No one calls me it in the REAL WORLD 'cept my mom but she just does that to annoy me.. cause she mispronounces it.
              Former names of mine have been:
              Crowlady, Dialated Pupil, crazy lady, the Light (or Dark) Queen, salem, Belladonna, Atropos Runswithscissors, Crowy-wa, Ashling Zev, Wylla and other variants.
              See I love to make up names so in one of my friends website I would change my name CONSTANTLY!
              I think I'll go ennoble some waffles.
              -Nita

Comment

I wasn't very creative when I made my username. My swim team coach, at one meet, called me Mona Lisa. After that, he just shortened it to Mona. The numbers are my birthday. Unfortunately, that's about as creative as I can be.
                Shoot for the moon. If you miss, at least you'll be among the stars. ~ Les Brown

Comment

Don't say that, Mona! Anyone can be creative. You just don't have to be creative with same things everyone else is! What you create has some of your personality stamped on it. (And, actually, hint hint, any act of creationThe Big Over-easy)
                  But I know you're talking about originality, or being, well, interesting. Someday, you'll get there. Really. Maybe. It's not all that it's cracked up to be. (Read A Wizard Alone. According to Millman, most stories are new versions of older archetypes. "Perhaps a sign that our civilization is still in its infant stages...")
                  Just don't say it.

Comment

My User name... Obvious!

Well... I certainly know where I got my user name, and I hope most of you here also know, because I would be slightly concerned if you didn't! I use Nita in other things,too. half because Nita is my favorite Young Wizards character, and the other half because that is my best friends nick-name for me. (which is only fitting, since I am sometimes guilty of calling him Kit, sometimes even by mistake!) Sometimes my user name will have Nissa in it, which is just a short version of my name. (In another language, I think it means to sigh.) But most of the time my user name will be Missshego, which i got from the T.V. show, Kim Possible. which I was totally in love with when i was younger. Shego was taken, so I just put miss in front of her name. 13579 is just skip-counting.
                    Last edited by nita13579; May 27, 2010, 11:17:16 PM. Reason: Forgot to put a space between words... guilty.
                    "Fear of the name only increases fear of the thing itself" Hermione Granger Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Comment

I chose this user-name because I've sort of adopted it to be my alternate name for everything. If i don't use some form of my real name i use some form of Crawl. I actually really don't like it when I go to sign up for a site and someone else has the user-name already. I think I chose it to begin with because it sounds good to me and is somewhat androgynous. I didn't chose it after any song or fictional character but it's suck with me for quite a while so I guess it works.

Comment

I've been using Uniasus as a web name since I first got my hotmail account in 5th grade (and have used it everywhere), but the name was hanging around in my head for while.

I've always been an equine freak, and 'uniasus' was the name I contrived for a crossed between a unicorn and a pegasus. Gah, I was so pompous when I was younger! I actually went on art sites where there there works of what others called 'alicorns' or simply 'winged unicorns' and posted about how they were really called 'uniasuses'. Or 'uniasi'. Never really been to sure on that. :/

When I say it, I usually make the 'i' silent: Un-ah-sis. My dad argues with me. He's always like, should I send it to your school e-mail address or 'u-nigh-ah-sis'? I've have yet to convince him to just say my hotmail account.

Nickname wise, lots will call me Uni, in which the 'i' is pronounced. ^_^ In my head, anyway.

Comment

Mine is just my name. It's usually free
                          i've recently taken to using Ink or ink after i suddenly thought the letters looked pretty one late night on IRC.
                          if it's too short, inkscribe, as I've quite enjoy calligraphy. Also, it sounds like inscribe
                          Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

-The Book of the Dead
                          --sabriel

Comment

I had just re-read DW before I joined the forums, and had also just noticed that all the chapter titles in the books had "song" in them. So . . . after some thought process I don't entirely remember . . . my username was born. I'm not in love with it, but it sounds cool enough and is in some way related to YW, so it's good enough for me.

My username on PaleoPlanet is "peridexis", though, and someone did remark on it . . .

Comment

elzefa: Elphaba (from the musical Wicked) was created in pretty much the same way. They took L. Frank Baum's initials, since he was the writer of Wizard of Oz, and made a name out of it. Kinda cool.

Mine was based off the song in HW, as most people know. I usually go by AoiSakura or some variant thereof, just because I came up with the whole blue cherry blossom thing back in middle school at some point. I've been branching out a bit lately, though (like with this one).

Comment

... mine is a move that a Pokemon can learn in the videogames xD. I was tempted to be punny and put "FocusPonch".

Also morphed to meaning: focusing in and giving it all you've got.
                                ^(^.^)^

Comment

Working...
                                X