Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm? I hear and read.
    Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

lol. Nice. I think I'm gonna get msn messenger because aim isn't working for me! I've been trying to download it for the past 1/2 hour!
      Uh...how do you get msn?
      penguins will rule the world.

Comment

www.msn.com click on a link called Messenger
        Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

Well, I'm guessing the Dalai Lama is perceived to me a martyr because he got kicked out of his country by China, thus is the symbol for the opression of the Tibetans by China; moreover he's a symbol for peace and goodwill and therefore people are disposed kindly towards him. You can look interestingly at the differences between him and, say, Osama bin Laden as religious rulers, except that Osama isn't representative of all or even most Muslims and, be fair, the Dalai Lama does not encourage people to go forth and kill each other. Or so I'm told. I'm not actually an expert on this.
          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Mmmmm. the messenger won't download. *Cries* aim won't download! NOTHING WORKS!!! I bet it's because I have Linux because it all worked when I had Windows. *sulks*
            penguins will rule the world.

Comment

Uh...yeah probably. MSN Messenger is for Windows or Mac.
              Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

My favorite teacher is my English teacher. She's totally cool. She feeds us before lunch, and she's really funny, and I tell her about a lot of stuff and get good advice.

What makes her my favorite teacher is that she's weird. I LOVE weird people, and I'm weird, so we have something in common.

It's funny: a lot of the time, English teachers are the coolest.

I'm kind of so-so on my choir teacher. She's cool and stuff, she's just kind of... oh, I don't know.

My science, literature, and math teachers are not cool AT ALL! My science teacher looks like a rat, my lit. teacher is just.... I can't really come up with a word for her or my math teacher. My SS teacher is sort of cool, I guess. On a lot of my Historical Fiction projects, I get extra credit. And, one time, she wanted to use my paper in her college class! Totally awersomeness!

Comment

My favorite subject is English, but my favorite teacher is DEFINITELY my science teacher, with my chorus teacher coming in second. My science teacher put a plastic bag over his head for fun today. He's more than a little crazy. If we need to go to our locker (which we technically aren't supposed to do) he'll give us a jar of marbles or a toy farm and we carry it around. That way, people don't ask "Why are you at your locker?" Instead, "Why do you have that strange object?"
                  He's also the only one who talks to us like we're intelligent beings. He asks me about my writing (and my English teacher doesn't!), and he actually wants to read what I write!

My English teacher... she's... incompetent. I don't like her. She plays favorites (and I'm a favorite), which I despise. Even when I am a favorite. She doesn't challenge us at all - and we're honors students. My friend and I haven't learned anything, because we're both amateur novelists and we know how to write. She can't control our class. She gave me a C+ instead of an A/B+ because I didn't have a topic sentence. And she's can't spell/pronounce our vocab words/read aloud/teach!

My math teacher is a good teacher, and she's nice. I learn a new topic every day. Today we worked on matrices - the plural for matrix!

My chorus teacher's a nut. He's kinda wacko. But it's a fun class! He's a little... old school... so not many kids like him, but my friends and I do! e're the only ones who laugh at his jokes. Tomorrow we're having a party for Mozart's birthday! (Which is really on Friday, but we don't have school then.)
                  Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
                  "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
                  "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

I like my ILA (English Reading Vocabulary) and History teachers. They're both very touvgh and keep you on your feet, but they're nice people. My ILA teacher reads as much as I do and we talk about Inkspell and what we're reading occasionally.
                    My History teacher is funny. He makes History interesting, and I like learning about it. He knows how kids' minds work, but he can be really sympathetic, when he knows you aren't lying. Like when you jsut get into school and feel like you're gonna chuck. He just looks at you with pity and sandess in his eyes, and says, "Not feeling well? Ok, go to the nurse." and he's such a softie. he looks tough in the schoolroom, but he was at church at the Christmas Mass, and he was showing his granddaughter the manger seen, and he just looked so loved.

That's why I like my teachers.
                    just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

My favourite teachers are my English teacher, Biology and Chemistry teachers, and my old Modern History teacher. The English guy is really funny, but he takes his topic seriously at the same time. He tells really bad jokes, and whenever people have birthdays he brings in chocolates. My bio and chem teachers are just the best ever (and the only even slightly normal science teachers in the school). My modern history teacher was AMAZING. He was the teacher everyone wanted to have and he was really funny. Even when he was annoyed he was funny, and it seemed like he knew everything about his subject. When he was mad at us he talked to the ceiling fans, b/c he said they were the only fans he was going to get.
                      Bright star that was, dark star that falls, in your downward arc we greet you. Do your poor worst!

Comment

Where to start... Well, my English teacher is totally incompetatant. She treats us like we're 3 and then expects us to take notes like we're in college. Plus, the last essay we had, we did in September and she didn't even give it back until today. *******

Anyway, my science teacher is really strict, but she at least knows what she is talking about.

My Algebra teacher is nice but she can't teach very well, its very hard to learn anything, and she's really really boring....

On the other hand, my Civics teacher is strict but fair and her classes are exciting!
                        Dai, everyone!!!

Comment

My new Modern History teacher treats us like we're in year 3 (third grade for you Northern-Hemisphere types), and we're in year 12 for chrissakes! I mean, last year (under the old, good teacher), we were studying Indonesia's political systems 1945-65 and the life of Soekarno and how he became the first president of independent Indonesia, and this year we're colouring maps and answering stuff like "Indonesia's motto is Bhinnaka Tinggal Ika or Unity in Diversity. What do you think this means?". Seriously, it's BAD. And what we're studying at the moment is crucial for our final exams. How am I supposed to pass them when I'm being asked to colour in maps?
                          Bright star that was, dark star that falls, in your downward arc we greet you. Do your poor worst!

Comment

My science Teacher was awesome he didn't give homework he didn't give tests and he sometimes let a student teach us some random thing for 20 min. and he always had great stories to tell.

My Bio Teacher kj is cool too because since i generally finish my tests before everyone else she lets me use the computer in her classroom. then i browse around here more.

Just a little nitpicking: alyson the quote is sposed to go Bright star that was, dark star that falls, in you downward arc with defiance we greet you. Do your poor worst!
                            ---------------------------------------
                            YW Chat room link. http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/ Type in nickname and #youngwizards for channel.
                            "in remembrance of Peter Murray,5/16/06,dai stiho

Comment

My History teacher was the BEST. He taught me for a grand total of 3 years in various types of History: World Culture, World Civilizations, World History (And Yes there is a differenace).Even though he taught history he would also discuss science, religion and what his personal beliefs were. and they didn't exactly match what the conservative administrators thought was true. At least that's how I saw it. My science teacher was just like him.
                              I attened a small Christian school where science class was shockingly scientific. Oh, sure we were taught Darwin v. Creationism but it was not like other christian schools. I'm sure if the Administrators ever found out how liberal my science teach was they would have freaked.
                              There is a thoery which states that if anyone ever discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by somehting even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another which states that this has

Comment

My favorite teacher is probably my math teacher. He's completely crazy. We just switched classrooms and in the old one he had a white board and in the new one he has a chalk board and every day he says "I hate chalk" at least ten times. Completely randomly. It's good fun.
                                However, my favorite teacher ever was my old English teacher, who taught Shakespeare by reenacting it...meaning she stood on the tables and was the Prince when the rest of us were the Capulets and Montagues fighting. It was good fun.
                                The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                                I promise not to funfun anymore
                                Be happy cause life is good

Comment

Working...
                                X