No announcement yet.

random question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ummm... ewwww!!! Congealed pigs blood...

*shudders*

Give me a moment to go and vomit. Now that's two topics that I've messed up! And no, I will not clean up. S'all your fault, whoever first mentioned black pudding. S'all your fault PM also. :P

Ahh... Surfy! Try three lines! Some oldbies *glares at Diego* post oneliners or short posts, but ignore them! That does NOT make it okay!
    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

I'm not really conversant in Mexican food... All I really know are burritos and tacos and... guacamolé? Is guacamolé Mexican? I know I can make it sucessfully but I don't know its background... I can make humnus (humous? hummas? Does it have an official spelling? Because I've seen so many variations...) as well, which is good.

Comment

It's only a type of sausage - admittedly, not a type I buy (saw some on sale in the local supermarket yesterday, though).

I just wanted to make sure nobody thought it was a dessert, which was the way guesses seemed to be going. Yuck. No, not a dessert, definitely a sausage.
        Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

haha, it's a type of sausage... with it's name, it sounds like pudding. Real pudding. ^^ I'm weird....

Comment

I know hummus and hummous, and I like the second version better- it looks good on paper and packaging.

As for mexican... *grins guiltily* I think I mostly eat what kathy just referred to as "gringo crap." I have to say, though, that if you're trying to feed a (picky!) family, self-made tacos rock the world. All you have to do is grate cheese, lettuce, mushrooms, onions, carrots, avocado, tomatoes, do some spicy mince, pelaf (rice/wheat grain stuff), shove it all on the table and everyone can pick and choose.

Actually, I think that's what I'll cook next time it's my turn.
            Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

I don't really like real Mexican food, I like the taco bell kind of things. The Americanized version. Ya, I like burritos and tacos, too. But for some reason I hate tomatos and ketchup, but I but ketchup on macoroni and cheese. Sounds gross, but its really good. Does anyone eat ketchup on eggs? My mom does and its so gross!!

Comment

The worst food ever is our school's hotdogs. They look and taste so nasty. They make me barf. (Seriously)I only eat the buns and leave the rest. Our school's cheese is made of powder and water. And it's too gross.
                penguins will rule the world.

Comment

Oh, I like the gringo crap, too, but I think of it as more Mexican-Californian, than straight Mexican food. I know who owns Chipotle. The problem is that growing up Chinese-American, I have a relatively keen sense of the two-menu system and authenticity-snobbery. Basic rule of thumb: if you see a lot of people of the restaurant's ethnicity eating there, then it's probably authentic.

All the Mexicans in San Diego mostly go down to Tijuana to get real Mexican food. Y'know, like Caesar salad.
                  New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

I've never tried Chipotle. I prefer taco bell, because it had a drive thru. I really really think that Sub Way needs a drive thru. I tried Jimmy John's subs and I didn't really like them. They only have tuna salad and not tuna. If you are a vegetarian can you eat fish or not? I hate salad. I force it down my throat when my mom is watching sometimes, though. It makes her buy me things, hehe.

Comment

I hate Taco Bell. Luckily, our taco bell also has a mini-pizza-hut. So we can all agree on something when we go.

I love real Mexican food. With extra spicy. And Moroccan food just rules. There's this great moraccan place in Santa Barbara, where they do the ceremonial hand-washing before the eating, and there are no utensils. And there are like a million courses.

Lord, it makes me happy.
                      http://superdrea.net/

Comment

I suppose it'll sound like a cliche if I say that the only fast food I've had recently has come from a fish and chip shop.

However, it's true. I've looked at the menu in the window of a couple of Chinese menus, but I always seem to go and get saveloy and chips, or maybe sausage and chips, depending how I feel. I don't like fish, or any seafood, for some reason. (Okay, seaweed peanuts are nice.)

Saveloy is a type of sausage with herbs, apparently. No, not the type that made Gryphon sick in the other topic.

Comment

PM how can you hate sea food?? I mean the best fish and chips is always on the sea front and you live in DOVER!! Good if I lived there I would have fish and chips once a week!! Anyway I surpose everyone is differant!! I mean I cant really stand saveloy, but I do love my fish and chips!!! never tryed a deep fried mars bar though???!??
                          Fox
                          God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

I don't know, I've never been able to stand fish. Dover's more of a port than a fishing town, anyway (ok, people do fish, but it's not what the town's about).

Saveloys are nice, but I don't often remember to buy any at the butchers'. As far as I know, you have to go to Scotland for deep-fried Mars bars, and I've never been there. (Not sure I like the idea anyway. Do you ever wonder if it's a tourist thing, a joke played by locals on tourists?)

Comment

I can see it now...
                              'Och, more tourists! What should we do to this bunch? I know, let's deepfry this Mars bar and tell them it's a delicacy! Ahahahaha...'
                              I love essentially any seafood except squid. Squid's always too rubbery for my tastes. But I love tuna and salmon in any form.

Comment

It did cross my mind you two hahahahah but I live in a rural area and we don't have tourists but they sell them just down the road from me!!! They cover the mars bar in batter and then fry it. The kids I work with say they are nice but to me they sound very rich!!! and my belly is big enough as it is!!! You never know I might try it one day and tell you lot what there like!!!
                                Fox
                                God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Working...
                                X