random question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• random question

you know those packets of sunflower seeds without the shells? how do they remove all of those shells at once? If they use a machine, how would it work? I was just eating some and ther were no stray shell bits in it. How are the shells so thoroughly removed? ARRRRGGG!
    ... But he was looking through the window at the one joy from which he must be forever barred.

Google to the rescue! Really. EVERYTHING's in there.
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Yay!! thank you, google is really neat. Isn't that interesting, though, how the hulls are removed?
      ... But he was looking through the window at the one joy from which he must be forever barred.

Comment

If you like google then check out elgooG!!!
        Go to Google and type that in...it is quite interesting! It is Google but back wards..try finding out how sunflower seeds are removed then...
        "Nobody's impression on life is so important that it outweighs honesty."
        - Duncan Ballard

Comment

While we're being random, I like your avie veganchick!
          *Agent~M*
          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
          "I could live

Comment

Yeah, I'm in a tent on my laptop right now! lol,
            Harry Potter is only ONE of my many obsessions.

Here's a list:
            James Grint, Bananas, Tofu(who doesn't like tofu?), bananas, books, I'm tired, just read my profile, lol.

Yes, and on the random note, have you noticed that when you are drying darks, the lint is dark and when you are drying lights, the lint is light? I'm doing laundry right now....

Comment

Eh. Laundry.
              Eh. Tofu.
              *Agent~M*
              "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
              "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
              "I could live

Comment

I don't like tofu.

Sorry, you asked.

I wanna go see PoA. I need to get my ticket... only12 more days...
                ------------------------------
                Have a cookie. it makes life better. If you don't like cookies, I suggest you seek professional help.

"So why should I take your hand when you can't promise happy endings?"
                -Amber Pacific "Thoughts Before Me"

Comment

I've never had tofu either. I suppose I COULD have at one point, because Strange Brew in Springfield had some vegetarian chili, with tofu type 'meat,' but I didn't want any. I'm there for COFFEE, damit. That means I want the US$2.00 BOTTOMLESS cup of coffee, and I wanna sit in those huge plush armchairs and read George Orwell and stare at pitures of slaughtered animals. Well, maybe not that last bit. Maybe I never have gone vegetarian/vegan because the only vegan I know is the guy who ran that coffee shop. He was MEAN. Grrr.

OOh, sunflowers. I get the ones with the shells still on and put about 4-5 in my cheek, and then suck on them for a while. Then I move them to the other cheek, replace them with 4-5 dry ones, and work on eating the ones I just moved. That way I get consistently moist shells, instead of having to deal with the dry ones pinching my toungue!

Sunflower seeds would be the <span class="ev_code_purple">perfect</span> if they weren't salty. They keep you occupied, and you can't eat a bunch of them at once, so you don't get bloated. But they still give you something to do!

Comment

Oh VC... you are funny.

You must like bananas to have listed them twice. One of my boys practically lives on bananas. His favorite food... though I bought him fudge cicles and he got up about 3:00 this morning to raid the freezer. Needless to say, being a light sleeper, he woke me up and I was very unhappy with him. He was a chocolate mess. What do ya do, huh? Gotta love him anyway.

I hate tofu. It is the grossest thing that I have ever had. (Sorry to the makers of soy products.) I have a good excuse for not eating soy... allergies. (Thank goodness!)

Hmm... I am hoping that I can get tickets on the day we want to see POA. I just can't see spending $2 apiece more to get tickets on the web. *shaking head* *muttering under breath -- money hungry pigs that pose as ticket counters*

Okay then.
                    -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
                    The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
                    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

You know something really, really terrible?

That you can find how to get sunflowers out of shells on a large scale on Google.
                      I mean, not terrible, exactly. just... awful, in the sense of "full of awe." :O

Google is our FRIEND.

I like sunflower seeds in salads. And avocado. And tomato. And cucumber and nice crisp lettuse and NO CAPSICUM or spring onions or raisins. And oly green lettuce, not icky red stuff- mescalin lettuce, is it?

And vinaigrette. But Clara, my French exchange sister, is going home soon, and I'll never be able to eat vinaigrette again.
                      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Salad ROCKS!!! I like all vegetables except for brusslesprouts. Brusselsprouts are THE FOULEST SUBSTANCE ON THIS PLANET!!!!!!!!!

Comment

VC.... brusselsprouts, lima beans, aspargrass, turnips, artichokes, and eggplant, unless they are cooked right, are all nasty. Actually, when I go out, I have had all these and they seem to manage getting them to taste pleasant enough, but me, I'm not that good of a cook. *sigh* So, at my house, they all taste nasty.

Go sunflower seeds!!! Actually, at Trader Joes Friday, I got some sunflower seed butter. It tastes much like peanutbutter. All 3 of my boys are allergic to nuts, so I thought I would try something else. The sunflower seed butter was really good... a little runny, but good and if my picky boys will eat it, then maybe ya all should try it, that is if you like sunflower seeds.

Alrighty then.
                          -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
                          The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
                          I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

Eww! I'm kind of an anti-vegetable person. I don't like salad or anything like that. But I do like potatoes and corn! I really like fruit better than vegetables anyways. Tomatoes are the worst to me. I think KETCHUP is the foulest substance in the universe. My little brother eats ketchup on grilled cheese and tacos. And it smells SO gross. Grilled cheese and ketchup...Yuck!
                            penguins will rule the world.

Comment

i like ketchup in moderation
                              not 2 much or its gross
                              but i luv fruits and veggies
                              when u come to my house u never eat the salad my mom makes
                              :-(
                              anywho...
                              im at school so i gotta go
                              *ciao foro membro!*
                              "lost time is never found again"-Benjamin Franklin
                              "Don't let your education interfere with your schoolwork"-Mark Twain
                              ~steph~

Comment

Working...
                              X