No announcement yet.

The Coffee Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooh! I'm in a drama class that's doing The Merchant of Venice, but we haven't had auditions yet.

"That's right," he said. "We're philosophers. We think, therefore we am."
    -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
    My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
    OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
    --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• I was in a play once when I was little. It was a pilgrim's first thanksgiving play...and it was nasty because there were 7 pilgrim men and they all had children and only ONE pilgrim woman...which is kind of sick, don't you think? Then there were Indians... I was the pilgrim woman...married to the chief pilgrim...so I had the sick roll. I also had to bake the chicken. It was sooo weird. What a wierd *weird word.

brokencello
      the crinkled paper bag

"Life isn't like the movies, Toto."
      --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
      brokencello
      the crinkled paper bag
      "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• You don't bake chicken on thanksgiving, you bake terky.

Dai
        Now aren't you happy that you read this!?

"What do you say to three shillings, andwe forget the name?"
        Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow- "Pirates of the Caribbean"
        :wigglesmile: :flycatcher:
        A sheperdess is quite a mess, but little lambs are lovely....

Comment

• I've been in plays for a loong time...
          *long pointless ramble*
          I have this group of friends I've been friends with since I was born--our moms have been really good friends since before we were born--and we always attend each others' birthday parties although we go to different schools and stuff. There are seven of us, so there's always seven gatherings each year...anyway, once someone had the bright idea to do a play for a birthday party. That was when there were only about four or five of us. Ever since, we've been putting on plays seven times a year (or, lately, less; we sometimes carry plays over more than one birthday.) We've done CliffNotes versions of Emma and Through the Looking Glass, among many others both written and invented by us. Also, I've been in a couple Shakespearean Drama classes; I've played minor characters in King Lear and The Taming of the Shrew. And now I'm going to do The Merchant of Venice.
          *end long pointless ramble*

OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
          --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Huh. Well, it was a turkey then. But I was only seven or so and that's dangerous for a little kid!

brokencello
            the crinkled paper bag

brokencello
            the crinkled paper bag
            "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• I promise I will use no more fun funs
              The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
              Be happy life is good

Comment

• Never heard of it...

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean I'm not being followed...
                Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                ------------------------------------------------------------
                "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• I love that song. He is one of my favorite singers

Dai

"What do you say to three shillings, andwe forget the name?"
                  Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow- "Pirates of the Caribbean"
                  :wigglesmile: :flycatcher:
                  A sheperdess is quite a mess, but little lambs are lovely....

Comment

• It sounds really depressing to me. Have any of you guys heard Joga by Bjork? I love that song....
                    "All these accidents that happen
                    Follow the dot
                    They don't have be....something something don't know the words because Bjork has an Icelandic accent...umm...blah...
                    You don't have to speak
                    I feel emotional
                    The riddle gets solved and you puch me up to this
                    State of Emergency
                    That's where I want to be"
                    I forget the words. But go to http://entertainment.msn.com or www.barnesandnoble.com and listen to it!

brokencello
                    the crinkled paper bag

EVERYONE PLEASE VISIT THE COUNTDOWN TOPIC BECAUSE AGENT M IS DEPRESSED PLEASE VISIT!!!
                    brokencello
                    the crinkled paper bag

Comment

• I haven't...

Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

• You don't need to know the words, just look up "whatever the title is lyrics" on google and it'll give you some site with the lyrics. fun fun isn't it?

I promise I will use no more fun funs
                        "and really bad eggs.."POTC
                        I promise I will use no more fun funs
                        The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                        Be happy life is good

Comment

• Yeah but I knew that. Somebody here didn't knew that!?

Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

• Wait--what are you all talking about? I don't get it...and btw, let's see if we can get this topic to 50 pages too!

*Look kindly upon the decaffienated one*
                            Midbies of the forum UNITE!
                            Kawaii Bunny Avatar (kba) NOT EVIL!!!
                            --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Awesome. I must write more than one word or else I will be busted. I already am for saying the clocks dings but with an o. Oops.

brokencello
                              the crinkled paper bag
                              brokencello
                              the crinkled paper bag

Comment

• hehe...try 'chimes' or 'ticks.' I don't think those aren't allowed. Synonyms are wonderful things.

*Look kindly upon the decaffienated one*
                                Midbies of the forum UNITE!
                                Kawaii Bunny Avatar (kba) NOT EVIL!!!
                                --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

Working...
                                X