X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DD's top-ten lines from W@W

You've read DD's top ten, right?
    Originally posted by Agent M:

Anyone read the top ten list yet? DD just had to put this one in: (8) "You really do
    Originally posted by Peter Murray:

I copied the ten quotes into a text file, and I've put down who I think said seven of them, so I can check when I read the book. Though I suppose putting two possibilities down for two of them is cheating.

Me? All I've got to say to (2) is Mmmmmmm. Valrhona Caraïbe single-estate Grand Cru. Man.

And yup. Driven crazy. Just as she intended.
    Last edited by Lee Enfield-Burke; December 28, 2008, 07:03:22 AM.
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Me? All I've got to say to (2) is Mmmmmmm. Valrhona Caraïbe single-estate Grand Cru. Man.

And yup. Driven crazy. Just as she intended.
    LMFAO! :
    Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

*cries in extreme agony* AAAAAAAH! No!

Especially bad: 8, 6, 5, 3, 2, 1...actually, all of them are bad, but 8 is the most excruciating. And 2 must be that <span class="ev_code_WHITE">"chocolate pusher" thing...remember the third excerpt chapter?</span> And, based on that, it's <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Carmela</span> saying it.
      *Ella*
      "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
      There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
      And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
      What could mean more than this?"
      --Bright Eyes

Comment

There are a few quotes that I'm assuming are said by the Lone One, and it (she, in this case?) sounds like Dairine... >.>; think of how bad it would be if Dairine was somehow overshadowed...
        I'm crying cuz things aren't how
        they used to be
        she said,
        "The battle's almost won
        and we're only several miles from the sun..."

Comment

OK, let me reassure you. Only one of these quotes is something the Lone Power says, and even then, It doesn't say it first.
          -- DD

Comment

I thought the only Dairine-ish one was 5), which would be said about her or to her, not by her.

I am *so* hoping the Lone Power line is 1).
            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

I dunno, number six sounds rather like something Dairine would say, in my opinion (...I nearly typed "in my onion...").

...I love number one, too XD

Comment

I guessed 8 might be either Nita to Dairine about Roshaun, or Kit to Carmela about Ronan.
                6 has to be Ronan to Nita . Unless it's Dairine to Roshaun, in which case she's a hypocrite.
                5... I thought it could be Dairine describing herself.
                4 - how many dogs are there in the book, anyway ?
                3 has to be Nita to Kit about Carmela
                2 I thought was Roshaun, not Carmela. Hmmm.
                1 sounds like Dairine or Kit.

Hmmm, nothing by the Lone Power. Maybe 5? or maybe not. I agree - 1 is a good one for him/her/it/fill in the blank.
                Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

lol, 5 is definitly said about Dairiene... I think 8 is said by Nita, either to Kit or Ronan, but if it's Kit I think she means in it a way that she doesn't want to be more then just good friends with him. *shrug* that's me though.
                  *Agent~M*
                  "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                  "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                  "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                  "I could live

Comment

My thoughts as to who says them, or who they're about:

10) Kit to/about Carmela. If its about her, I reckon that it would be to his parents. Or it may even be Tom or Carl saying it.

9) Nita to the others (ie Kit and Dairine) in response to a situation that has come up.

8) I will state the obvious one and say Nita and Kit - one to the other.

7) Tom or Carl

6) Dairine or the Lone Power - one to the other

5) Nita to Dairine

4) Ponch all the way

3) Kit to Nita about Carmela

2) Carmela to an alien

1) SPOT! - I don't know why, it just seems right with what he's been getting up to in the excerpts.

Just what I think... any opinions?

Comment

10 - you think Carmela's another species ? I suppose Kit might think so. My guess is that it's about another species, but I can't guess the context, beyond it being a subject they're not sure they should know about.

7 - this could be the Lone Power's line, but then apparently someone else has to say it. Could be Tom, Carl or Ronan.

6 - it could be. Yes. Hmmm.

1 - uh-oh.
                      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

My two small-monetry-units-of-choice:

10) Tom/Carl
                        9) Kit
                        8) Dairine to the Lone Power. Failing that, Nita to Kit.
                        7) Xould be anyone, but will say Roshuan
                        6) Lone Power to Nita or Dairine.
                        5) Dairine, talking about Nita
                        4) Ponch
                        3) Kit to Nita, talking about Caremella
                        2) Carmella to Roshuan.
                        1) Not Spot.
                        "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

My own predictions are as follows:

10. Nita
                          9. Roshaun?
                          8. Kit to Nita
                          7. Tom or Carl (possibly Lone Power later)
                          6. Ronan to Nita
                          5. Kit describing Nita
                          4. Ponch
                          3. Kit to Nita
                          2. Roshaun
                          1. Dairine

After the book comes out we should come back to this and see who had them all right or was the closest.
                          "If Time has a heart, it is because other hearts stop"-The Book of Night with Moon 9.v.IX

Comment

10. Kit or Nita
                            9. not sure... Dairiene maybe?
                            8. Already said what I thought
                            7. I think it's Kit but it might be Nita
                            6. Definitely Ronan
                            5. Either Roshaun about Dairiene or Nita about Dairiene, but definitely about Dairiene.
                            4. Ponch
                            3. Nita to Kit or vice versa (probly Nita...)
                            2. Sker'ret!! (did I spell his name right?) Or possibly Carmela... really not sure about this one, anyone could be saying it.
                            1. Dairiene probly, maybe Spot... no his word is "uh-oh"... lol
                            *Agent~M*
                            "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                            "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                            "I could live

Comment

OMG! When is this book coming out???! I must read....OMG. EVEN SHARKY SHOULD BE DRIVEN CRAZY ON THIS ONE...

8)caught my attention, (of course.) Probably Nita and Ronan/Dairine and Roshaun/Kit and Nita/?

7)Hmmm my favorite. I don't know who said it though.

6)Ronan. Has to be. (very slight chance of being roshaun)
                              5)about dairine of course! (sounds like on of my friends though.)
                              3)Kit or Dairine talking about Nita
                              penguins will rule the world.

Comment

Working...
                              X