The people of Alaalu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The people of Alaalu

I'm a bit unclear as to what happened to the people of Alaalu. They have died from the planet. So where are they now? Are they in Timeheart, or are they trapped inside of the planet, which is where Nita, Kit, and the others last saw them? I think that I remember someone from the book saying that they were going in to Timeheart, but I'm not entirely sure.
    "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

I think they've become energy beings, not bound by the confines of material bodies. What that means they'll be doing, though, I have no clue about. Maybe they're all "tenth-lifers"?

...and the people of Alaalu are now the crab-like beings who were stuck behind the beings who re-chose and went onward, which makes the question ambiguous. :-)
    "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

I didn't get a thing of that Garret. But Eric that is a good question. I had always assumed they all went to Timeheart. But I'll let you know when I get there. I'm on "A Wizard Alone" right now. (Better hope I get there before Harry Potter comes out on Friday night or I'll never get there )
      Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
      Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

I don't think they went to Timeheart. Like Garret said, they evolved into something that didn't need a body anymore. ('Tenth- lifers' comes from The Book of Night with Moon I think- grant of another life after a cat's used up the nine. I keep thinking of The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents though.) I guess if you've ever watched Stargate, they're a bit like ascended Ancients.

I've always wanted to see how the crab-like people evolve, though. I must confess that at the end they held more interest to me than the previous inhabitants of Alaalu...
        -Tell me and I may remember; show me and I'll understand; involve me and I'll never forget. Thank you, PM. Your light lives on.

Comment

i had actually stopped thinking anything aboput those people...and i'd forgotten about the crabs, so obviously they didn't interest me TOO much...though i do think i found them interesting at the time of the book. *is kinda remembering since reading this topic* anyways, i think they quite simply moved on...they WERE dead, after all.

edited by myself for complete content change. :P
          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Working...
          X